->

INDIANANGLER

India fishing forum for all the information you require on angling, equipment, locations and trip reports.
It is currently Tue Oct 22, 2019 9:09 am

All times are UTC+05:30

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2013 9:09 pm 

Hi,
I have been trying to find good fishing locations in and around bangalore for around 3 years. Tried some lakes like begur lake, vemgal lake..no fun as they are in contracts and you have to pay the locals to fish over there and the locals fleece you like anything. Tried Manchinbele dam, had success a few times, but otherwise sad story. Bheemeswari is another fleecing place for the locals.

Does anyone actually knows any good location where one can go and fish in peace? All the good reports on bangalore are way to old and are not reliable as of now. Does anyone ACTUALLY practice angling in bangalore and knows good locations in and around bangalore??

Thanks,

Deba

Post subject: Update on Begur Lake
PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2013 11:32 am 

Hi All,

I received no response on my post on fishing locations in Bangalore from anyone till now, so i assume that there is no place for angling in and around bangalore as of now where one can go and fish in peace.

i used to fish in begur lake around 3 years back and sadly today the entire beur lake has dried up. Many reasons led to this unfortunate incident..primarily all man made. The local real estate developers are the main perpetors of this calamity. the local developers used to take water from this lake for their construction work (around 400 water tankers per day) , som even built channels to drain the water out of the lake. The feeder streams have been blocked by construction work and NOW waste materials are being dumped in the lake bed. this is a precursor to the encroachment that will follow.

There are citizens like me who would like to protect this lake and we have gotten together, formed a trust and have begun working towards rejuvinating this lake. we are meeting with the govt. authorities and preparing a plan of action. The end result that we want is model lake with jogging tracks, parks, eateries (mcdonalds, pizza huts, dominos..etc) with quality of service, designated areas for anglers with entry fees, boating facilities, 24*7 security around the lake.

We are doing this to protect the environment of our lake, a lot of wild animals, birds, reptiles reside in this lake and we want them protected for teh future generations. We do not want bangalore to be destroyed because some selfish individuals want to earn money at the cost of environment.

If you are concerned about the environment, about the lakes of bangalore, then get together, contact me, get ideas, do some hard work and work towards a better future. If anybody can help us in saving begur lake in anyway possible, please contact me.

My fellow anglers - let us get together and create places where we can take our sport to the next level along with creating a better environment.

Thanks.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2013 5:01 pm 
Fishaholic

This is really good buddy. Carry on...

I am from West Bengal and tell me if you need any help from my side...

Happy Fishing....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2013 2:04 pm 
Site Admin

Most places close to Bangalore have very little water right now and have been depleted of fish. Try Manchinabele da or TG Halli. You will have to drive a couple of hours to the Cauvery near Srirangapatna if you want to fish the river without licenses.

All the best with conserving Begur lake.

IA

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2013 7:52 pm 
Fishaholic

As Bops Mentioned ,Manchinabele & TG Halli are good places,
but nowdays Entery is restricted to Public in Manchinabele coz of several drownings that happened there & also Heavy Netting (Zig Zag) due to low water ,forget about catching,even seeing a fish Splash is rare there.
, & TG halli is practically Dry....

I guess we need to wait for the rains or try some other places like Igloor or KRS,

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2013 7:23 pm 
Enlightened

Hi bops,

can we do fishing in srirangapatna??
no local ppl problem??
what kind of fishes available there??

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 03, 2013 11:05 am 
Site Admin

If you speak the local language the people should not be a problem. However they do not take too kindly to people drinking liquor by the river.