->

INDIANANGLER

India fishing forum for all the information you require on angling, equipment, locations and trip reports.
It is currently Wed Nov 21, 2018 9:30 pm

All times are UTC+05:30

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 1:29 pm 
Fishaholic

Konkan vacation though it was good did not yield me much to brag about but on my return there was a major goof up with my leave application. I was supposed to resume on 10th and I did so and on my table I saw my rejoin date as 11th March which was actually 11-12-12. I some how did not bother to check the month and year and ended taking up an unplanned leave on the 11-03-2013 :( but guess what I utilized this day for the thing that I love the best. I with my friend Ashish Chavan hit the Dubai water @ 0600 hrs and the whole area was changed with new break water and a jetty. I could cast easily to the spots I wanted but the due to this construction I presume the spot had become a flat with absolutely no bites. There were millions of baitfish at the jetty. Accompanying us were 2 morrocans who were fishing overnight with a few dorry snappers bagged. Tried lures with no success. Then I tried casting further out into the sea where on retrieve I found green weed on the bait. Thats it that was a potential spot. Let out the line in same spot and was waiting patiently with a smoke in hand. The rod was placed on a floating wooden platform and the rod was swaying like a hooded snake could not make out the bites. Quite a few times the bait was taken by small fish with only spines left behind. @ approx 0900 hours the rod took a bend and it was a familiar run, yes it was a small spangled emperor about 1/2 a kilo. We struggled with the landing as the landing net was not fixed. Yanked the fella out of the water on the platform. I was all smiles as expected and some frowny faces from Moroccans. After about 30 mins there was a another take this time it felt a bit bigger and yes it was a good size sha'ari again approx 1.5 to 2 kgs. Enjoy the pics if they get uploaded as expected :)

Cheers - DeZZ

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 5:33 pm 
Fishaholic

Congratulations! Desmond, nice small write up and some good pictures there! Wish you many more!

Regards,
Omesh

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 8:13 pm 
Fishaholic

nice one boss

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 8:14 pm 
Fishaholic

congrats Dezz ! Do I see The Burj al arab in the background ? nice photos man...especially the bait fish jumping

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 8:25 pm 
Fishaholic

Yes Rakesh. It is indeed the Burj Al Arab. Thanks Omesh. long time no updates from you.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 9:04 pm 
Fishaholic

Congrats Dezz

Nice Catch :-)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 12:36 pm 
Fishaholic

Nice fish. I used to catch a lot in Sri Lanka and they're good eating too.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 1:33 pm 
Fishaholic

Good one, Dezz
[smilie=ebil-thumbup.gif]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 5:19 pm 

Nice catch bro :)

[smilie=ebil-thumbup.gif]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2013 1:32 pm 
Fishaholic

Ken L wrote:

Its been ages I heard from you Ken. how have you been?

Yes they make a good eating.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2013 1:34 pm 
Fishaholic

Thank you suprajit and ravi.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2013 4:00 pm 
Fishaholic

teritex wrote:
Ken L wrote:

Its been ages I heard from you Ken. how have you been?

Yes they make a good eating.

I'm about, and I'm actually in India at the moment although tomorrow is my last day.
My fishing activities on this trip have been a bit limited due to a knee injury but I've had a few barramundi and MJ's from the beach and a few fish off the boat whilst trolling, including yellowfin trevally, blubberlip snapper, barracuda and a rather nice 35lb grouper.

Just checked the weather at home and it's snowing again so I expect to be limping again pretty soon.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 11:48 am 
Site Admin

Nicely done Dezz!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 3:49 pm 
Fishaholic

Ken L wrote:
I'm about, and I'm actually in India at the moment although tomorrow is my last day.
My fishing activities on this trip have been a bit limited due to a knee injury but I've had a few barramundi and MJ's from the beach and a few fish off the boat whilst trolling, including yellowfin trevally, blubberlip snapper, barracuda and a rather nice 35lb grouper.

Just checked the weather at home and it's snowing again so I expect to be limping again pretty soon.

Arrggg....we could have met in GOA. I have been dying to have like minded company for fishing :) I even put up a post if there was anyone around. Glad you managed a few good fish there. Whats up with your knee injury?? Are you ever going to get over it?? Take care chief.

Cheers - DeZZ

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 9:36 pm 
Fishaholic

The knee injury is an old one from when I came off a pushbike on ice a few years back and the crossbar smashed the inside of my knee joint up pretty badly. I managed to exacerbate it in the most idiotic way possible at the end of October by leaving my foot on the floor as I turned to my left on an office chair!
Something popped and the joint bent sideways (it's not supposed to do that) and I was limping about for a couple of months and some days, I couldn't weight bare at all.
It's settled down a lot with the warm of the India trip but I wasn't doing any rock climbing.
Now I can walk with hardly any problems but I ain't dancin' just yet.

I don't see any reason why it shouldn't resolve because I'm hoping to do a lot of UK river fishing this summer after last year's washout and it'd be nice to post a few photo's on IA.

Sorry I missed you thread but with me doing relatively little fishing this trip, I wasn't really checking the forum regularly.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 3:53 pm 
Fishaholic

That's the spirit. Get well soon mate :)