->

INDIANANGLER

India fishing forum for all the information you require on angling, equipment, locations and trip reports.
It is currently Sun Sep 15, 2019 3:27 pm

All times are UTC+05:30

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 1:06 pm 

Hello friends,

I'll be visiting to Chaul, Alibaug during month end for 3 days. Wanted some guidance from experinced members if anyone has been there and know few good locations. Also wanted to know if that area requires any prior permission. Saw the location on google earth and found that i'll be very much near to the shore area.

---
Amol

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 5:04 pm 
Fishaholic

amolnsys wrote:
Hello friends,

I'll be visiting to Chaul, Alibaug during month end for 3 days. Wanted some guidance from experinced members if anyone has been there and know few good locations. Also wanted to know if that area requires any prior permission. Saw the location on google earth and found that i'll be very much near to the shore area.

---
Amol

Hi Amol,

You said you are visiting Chaul ! its in Rewdanda , several kms after you cross Alibaug , if thats where you are ! then you can go and fish under the rewdanda bridge, try casting for sometime and then switch on to bait fishing and don't forget to wear good sandals as the rocks under the bridge have sharp barnacles , use sardines or prawns as bait which you can buy from Chaul naka in the morning - hope that helps :P
Good Luck

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 10:50 pm 

lionheart wrote:
amolnsys wrote:
Hello friends,

---
Amol

Hi Amol,

You said you are visiting Chaul ! its in Rewdanda , several kms after you cross Alibaug , if thats where you are ! then you can go and fish under the rewdanda bridge, try casting for sometime and then switch on to bait fishing and don't forget to wear good sandals as the rocks under the bridge have sharp barnacles , use sardines or prawns as bait which you can buy from Chaul naka in the morning - hope that helps :P
Good Luck

Thanks a lot Lionheart, yes I am visiting Revdanda. Will be trying saltwater fishing second time. Did once before when in Singapore. What type of fish can I expect? also what time is best for fishing & where can i do night fishing.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 11:36 am 
Fishaholic

amolnsys wrote:
Thanks a lot Lionheart, yes I am visiting Revdanda. Will be trying saltwater fishing second time. Did once before when in Singapore. What type of fish can I expect? also what time is best for fishing & where can i do night fishing.

@ amolnsys you can expect 1/2 kg to 2 kg size red snappers, breams , small groupers, catfish and also the eels , the best timing would be two hours before high tide till two hours after it

you can try night fishing from the center of bridge ( if the cops from the check-post don't chase you off) or at the beach to your right where the reti bunder ends

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 12:51 pm 

Cool, Lionheart! As usual you are precise as ever.

Amol, here's something to check your tides.

http://www.tides4fishing.com/as/india/bombay

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 11:42 pm 

Thank you lionheart and bob will definitely post the updates.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2013 12:55 pm 

Guys it was a great trip and thanks to lionheart he was very much correct about the location and landscape around. I dint had any luck with the rod as the water was not very stable + strong water currents. Tried my luck 2 hrs before & after high tied, tried even during night but not even a single bite. Locals said that there was no fish in water due to weather condition & should try after a week but sadly dint had much time.

---
Amol

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2013 4:16 pm 
Fishaholic

amolnsys wrote:
Guys it was a great trip and thanks to lionheart he was very much correct about the location and landscape around. I dint had any luck with the rod as the water was not very stable + strong water currents. Tried my luck 2 hrs before & after high tied, tried even during night but not even a single bite. Locals said that there was no fish in water due to weather condition & should try after a week but sadly dint had much time.

---
Amol

Welcome to Saltwater fishing Amol :lol:
you will get stable water and no current only in lakes & ponds :P

at around the same time just 30kms from you ,I was also fishing with Two Knotty Boys :-) the weather was a bit cold but we managed to land about a dozen fish ( 4 of them were eels :lol: )
We enjoyed every moment by the sea and I hope you also did the same
better Luck next time :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 6:02 pm 

lionheart wrote:
amolnsys wrote:

---
Amol

Welcome to Saltwater fishing Amol :lol:
you will get stable water and no current only in lakes & ponds :P

at around the same time just 30kms from you ,I was also fishing with Two Knotty Boys :-) the weather was a bit cold but we managed to land about a dozen fish ( 4 of them were eels :lol: )
We enjoyed every moment by the sea and I hope you also did the same
better Luck next time :wink:

@ Lionheart - yes i did enjoy my trip. Need to learn more and i am sure it will come by personal experience and expert guidance. :)