[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 494: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 494: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 113: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 113: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5336: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3925)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5336: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3925)
South Bombay Boat Fishing (Inshore) Edit: Part II - INDIANANGLER ->

INDIANANGLER

India fishing forum for all the information you require on angling, equipment, locations and trip reports.
It is currently Mon Nov 30, 2020 10:36 pm

All times are UTC+05:30

Forum rules

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2012 5:04 pm 
Enlightened

Hello Forum,
After several SMS's and phone calls Vashi Mako (Sunil) from IA and I made an Inshore fishing trip on Saturday 03.03.2012

Sunil's Outfit:
Medium-Heavy (Trolling and Rig/Jig)

My Outfit:
Medium-Heavy (Trolling) and Ultra Light (Rig/Jig)

We met at Churchgate station and went to the docks, once we arrived (10:15am) we immediately started buying our dead bait: Shrimp and small Mackerel (Bangda) and some shrimp shells for the chum bag, my Maharathi skills were embarrassing so Sunil had to step in to do the talking and got us a good deal. After buying our bait and refreshments we proceeded to get on the boat which was quite the ordeal jumping from the ledge to a big boat with a two meter gap and then leaping to our little boat.

Once on board we were grinning from ear to ear for the first few minutes eager to set off to sea. On our way to the destination we decided to do a bit of trolling Sunil unpacked his shiny rods and dropped his Halco Laser Pro, whilst I did the same but instead used a Halco Sorcerer 125 DD. A few minutes passed and I decided to sit down as soon as I did *BOOYA* my rod head was trembling and the reel started screaming, FISH ON! The captain slowed the boat to a crawl and I held on to the rod tight by this point quite a bit of line had spooled out so I tightened the drag a bit, as soon as did I felt a long tug and the tension had snapped, the fish was lost. I reeled in the remainder of my line to find the main line separated from the metal leader which connected to the lure.
Lesson learned, Im still a rookie who cant tie his knots tight [smilie=smack.gif]

Nice Hat :lol:

We eventually reached our spot broke out the rigs and dropped our lines (using worms). Not even five minutes had gone by and nibble nibble BAM rod bent FISH ON!! This had continued for a good 45 minutes and several fish were caught. After some time had elapsed the sea started taking a toll on us swaying the boat from side to side I was the first to go for a six and laid down belly up, seeing this Sunil too started to queez, cough and burp.

Loud and Proud

Double Trouble

Chak-Ching!

The Crew

The bites started slowing down so we decided to move to another area, once we got there we had a spot of lure fishing, after a few cast and retrieves we came up short handed and I got terribly bored of my China-Diawa reel and asked Sunil if I could try his behemoth Slammer 760. Stood up strong and casted a monster and for some reason the rod felt unusually light :?: Low and behold the lure came off the leader and soared a mile out to sea I then turned to Sunil and said my bad bro :roll: and he was like [smilie=m-kay.gif] mate.
One of the crew members immediately stood up took of his clothes and dove of the boat to retrieved the lure :shock:
Brave Heart

Peace at last

Rod Bending - Reel Screaming - Action

:D

We mosied along for a bit caught a random eel, ate some samosas, peed in the sea, enjoyed the scenery, had a photo session and called it quits.

This was my first successful trip in a very long time and I would like to dedicate this one to the entire Indian Angler Community, I have harvested a wealth of knowledge from this forum and have been able to apply those techniques to produce results, for which I am truly grateful. Sunil you are my lucky charm, you are always welcome to join me for fishing or otherwise.

Thanks for Reading :D

Last edited by Jehangir on Mon Mar 19, 2012 1:03 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2012 5:36 pm 
Fishaholic

Good going there guys.. :)) Good to see you and Sunil with some nice fingermarks.. Congrats and good luck for the next one.. :-)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2012 5:43 pm 
Fishaholic

Good to see your post after a long wait.

Very nice and interesting write up. [smilie=cool.gif]

About the fishes! Man u guys got 13 snappers, Amazing man. That too in just one trip. [smilie=coolup.gif] [smilie=coolup.gif] [smilie=coolup.gif] [smilie=coolup.gif] [smilie=coolup.gif]

Good fishing Jehangir and Jr. Jermy. [smilie=coolup.gif] [smilie=superkewl.gif]

Jr. Jermy time for [smilie=party.gif]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2012 9:20 pm 
Enlightened

Thanks guys!!!!!!!! I am very thankful for Jehangir for letting me come along for this trip. My first boat fishing experience + trolling experience + actually catching red snapper = dream come true!!!! We lost some really big ones and the Jeremy jr vows that he will not make the same mistake again!! Jehangir is a real cool cat and i have learnt quite a lot from him in one single trip. His special rig is awesome and with his permission i intend to copy the same.

@ralffy - yup, party on dude i.e. if you have the time!! lol!!!

The time for the surf fishing trip is fast approaching and it would be a blast if King Ralffy, Jeremy Jr and Cool Cat Jehangir fished together. I hope Jehangir joins us on that trip.

Jehangir bro, thanks once again for the amazing day!!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2012 12:01 am 
Fishaholic

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2012 10:49 am 
Enlightened

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2012 10:59 am 
Fishaholic

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2012 11:19 am 
Fishaholic

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2012 11:29 am 
Fishaholic

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2012 9:04 pm 
Enlightened

@Santosh: Thank You Chief :wink:
@Ralf: Thanks Ralfy, Im sure the wait must have beent titillating, Muahaha
@Sunil: Anytime buddy. Those are some very kind words, I am not worthy. Totally game for your surf trip.. Sign me up.
@Maneesh: Thanks, rod rack is going good but a bit slow, have updated the thread... have a looksie: http://www.indianangler.com/viewtopic.php?t=4270
@Vinodrm, Apoo, Samitm, Saikibryan: Thanks you guys :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2012 9:36 pm 
Fishaholic

Congratulations to the both of you! nice pics! plenty fish caught!
Wish you many more.
Regards,
Omesh

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2012 3:30 pm 
Fishaholic

Waah!! Sunil Babu Badiya Hai !! [smilie=gt-happyup.gif] :lol: :lol:

Nice post , Nice Fish ,
Congrats to both of you ,
keep them comming [smilie=gt-happyup.gif]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2012 3:51 pm 
Enlightened

Thanks Lionheart!!!! but the real story lies in the big ones that got away. One stole captain jehangir's halco soccerer. There was a huge bite mark on my halco laser pro. 2 times 0.40mm lines broke during the fight. Wiggle wiggle and then rockkkkkkk! Need your guidance on leaning how to tackle these situations.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2012 7:30 pm 

Great going! Jehangir

Congrats for all the catches

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2012 12:08 am 
Fishaholic

congrats....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2012 3:47 pm 
Fishaholic

Congrats to both of you....So many catches from a single trip - This is awesome...

Hope you have learned how to tie a hook properly... :D :D :D

All the best...

Thanks,
Sandip

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2012 4:18 pm 

Great catch guys

Thanks

Bhushan

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2012 10:35 pm 
Fishaholic

Well done Jehangeer and Sunil, great going. Jahangeer, the report is very nicely written and the description is enthralling.

Some very nice fishes landed and congratulations for that.

Keep it up and go on posting.

Regards,

Ali..

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2012 1:46 am 
Enlightened

@Omesh: Thanks
@Lionheart: Thank you Lion
@Angler_Nadeem, Whitesnapper, Bhushistar: Thanks :D
@Sandip: Thanks :D and yes Ive practiced every night since and have become quite the knot pro [smilie=happydance.gif]
@Ali: Kind words, appreciate it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2012 10:37 pm 
Enlightened

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2012 6:11 pm 
Enlightened

Hi Forum,

Sunil and I made another Inshore trip on 17.03.2012
We met a tad early this time with pretty much the same routine and set of.

Here we go!

Sunil's Outfit:
Medium Heavy (trolling)
Medium Light (bait/jig)

My Outfit
Medium Heavy (trolling)
Ultra Light (bait/jig)

Lures Used: Halco DD, Halco Laser pro, Storm DD and SD, Rapala Skitter Pop, Yo-Zuri Sinking Lure.

Rigs Used:
Sabiki
Dropper Loop
Fish finder
Most effective:
Halco DD, Dropper Loop Rig

Lock & Load

We started the day of by trolling and didn't get much of a response so we went to our usual location for some snapper action.
Dropped anchor, released the chum bag, unpacked the appropriate rigs and casted our lines. Few minutes went by and bam bam reel singing, having an ultra light outfit in my opinion gives the battle more substance the rod gets all bent up as the tiny reel fights for a chance to keep the line on the spool. Two Fingermarks were caught within the first twenty minutes around two kilos each, things got borring after a while so we decided to troll deep.

Fing 1

Fing 2

Fing 2 1/2 :lol:

Sunil and I are both new to trolling so we seek'd advice from some of the IA Pros, determined not to f*** up this time we followed the instructions to the T. Both of us were getting big hits and tugs while trolling but nothing was connecting!! After reeling in the lures we found plenty of bite marks on them. I need some advice here from the Pro's on why there is no connection between hook and fish?? If were doing something wrong please explain.

Troll.. Troll.. Troll... your Boat

Any who time went ticking and trolling got borring so we headed back to our reef location for another bait and wait session. Dropped lines this time with shrimp and within seconds boom boom shake the room this time the fight felt a bit different and behold it was a Grouper :D next followed a fingermark. By now Sunil was getting quite frustrated as he hadn't caught anything and lost three fish. We were ready to rap up for the day so I started reeling in the lines when one of my rods nose dived over the boat first I thought the rig might have got stuck but then felt an awkward shake in the rod and realized a rather large fish was hooked so yanked hard and started retrieving it lasted for 3-5min and I was hoping for a huge grouper or snapper but instead saw the head of an eel. I sighed knowing how eels destroy the rig but this was no normal eel, usually they are a foot or foot and a half max but this one was huge stretching almost 5.6 feet!! Finally I managed to get him on board and attempted to kill it when somehow the hook came off and it sliped back into the water. What happened next was truly amazing after it managed to de-hook itself it ended up biting the second bait in the water so I lifted the second rod and eventually landed it, Phew!

Grouper

Fing 3

Long Lost :lol:

Bigy Eel

Fishy Trifecta

Days Catch

Civilization here we come

This trip was fun filled for me, catching a few losing a few all in good steed on the flip side Im sure Sunil was a bit cheesed that 3 fish slipped away from him but Im sure he will be more than prepared for the next trip. [smilie=whistle.gif]

After I got home I laid the eel on a flat surface and measured it to be 5ft 6in
Marked and measured

Thanks for reading :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2012 6:35 pm 
Fishaholic

good going mate.

This time variety.
Next trip monsters.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2012 7:08 pm 
Fishaholic

nice catches there jehangir and sunil ! congrats on the "biggyeel" :D must be very difficult to remove, the way the eel knots itself around the bait...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2012 7:24 pm 
Fishaholic

Good going there Guys.. Congrats once again. :))

Jehangir,

Can you post a pic of your lure with bite marks?

Will call you.

Santosh

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2012 11:32 am 
Fishaholic

Jehangir your catches are improving. Keep on doing it. Perseverance pays.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2012 3:46 pm 
Fishaholic

:D Hearty Congratulations to Jehangir & Sunil {the jr J W :lol: }

nice catches there , Keep it up guys the big ones are not far away

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2012 6:02 pm 
Enlightened

Thanks Guys!! :D

Santosh: My bad not posting them soon been bogged down at work, any who here you go let me know what you guys think?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2012 10:20 pm 
Fishaholic

Hi Jehangir,

These are not bite marks.

The halco lure that you are using has three set of trebles, these marks are caused by first & centre treble when the lure is swimming with wobbling action.

Just move back and down the tip of treble on mark and you will notice.

The hits and tugs sometimes are nothing but the lure lips / bibs hitting the bottom.

Regards,

Santosh

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2012 10:38 pm 
Enlightened

i guess the bite marks on my laser pro are also not bite marks too! shucks.... :oops:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2012 11:51 pm 
Fishaholic

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2012 11:04 am 
Enlightened

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2012 12:07 pm 
Fishaholic

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2012 12:27 pm 
Enlightened

Hey Forum,

Two friends from IA and myself went on a small trip on Good Friday.

Pretty much the same rigs and setup as my previous trips.

Grouper (Catch and Release)

:)

KA KAAaaaaa

Last Catch

Some Scenery

Thanks for reading :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2012 10:28 am 
Fishaholic

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2012 1:14 pm 
Fishaholic

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2012 8:29 pm 

great going, jehangir... congrats on the huge kitty :)))

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2012 8:34 pm 
Fishaholic

Now I have got to learn how to hold a fish with a plier :idea: