[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 571: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 627: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 1075: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3925)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 1075: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3925)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 494: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 494: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 113: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 113: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5336: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3925)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5336: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3925)
My fishing experience in West Bengal (Fresh Water Angling) - INDIANANGLER ->

INDIANANGLER

India fishing forum for all the information you require on angling, equipment, locations and trip reports.
It is currently Sun Sep 27, 2020 7:18 pm

All times are UTC+05:30

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2011 1:06 pm 
Fishaholic

I have just come back from West Bengal after two weeks of Durga puja vacation. I was lucky to get chance to explore fishing there – Learned so many new things about bait and ground bait and fishing technique.

Wanted to share my experience through pictures only - :D :D . Please have a look below -

Uploaded with

Uploaded with

Uploaded with

Uploaded with

Uploaded with

Uploaded with

Uploaded with

Uploaded with

Uploaded with

Uploaded with

Uploaded with

Uploaded with

Uploaded with

Uploaded with

Uploaded with

Uploaded with

Uploaded with

Uploaded with

Uploaded with

Uploaded with

Uploaded with

Uploaded with

Uploaded with

Uploaded with

In the end wanted to post few Durgapuja pics (Sorry could not post all the pics as its taking lots of time) :D :D :D -

Uploaded with

Uploaded with

Uploaded with

Uploaded with

Uploaded with

Uploaded with

Thanks for your time.

Thanks,
Sandip

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2011 2:11 pm 
Fishaholic

Wonderful pics. Congrats for the fish caught. Thnks for sharing the pics and happy fishing.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2011 2:14 pm 
Fishaholic

Good catches, Congratulations!

Regards,

Post subject: Hi
PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2011 2:16 pm 
Enlightened

Congratulations Sandeep........

[smilie=gt-happyup.gif] [smilie=gt-happyup.gif] [smilie=gt-happyup.gif] [smilie=gt-happyup.gif] [smilie=gt-happyup.gif] [smilie=gt-happyup.gif] [smilie=gt-happyup.gif] [smilie=gt-happyup.gif] [smilie=gt-happyup.gif] [smilie=gt-happyup.gif]

Finally you have landed your own fresh water fish without help of anyone........ Share you experience with me when we meet.....

Lets party man.........

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2011 3:04 pm 
Fishaholic

Very Nice

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2011 3:40 pm 
Enlightened

Zabadast.. Congrats... [smilie=whistle.gif]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2011 5:24 pm 
Fishaholic

Hearty Congratulations Sandip :D nice catches keep weaving the same Magic on salwater too ;-) may you catch as many barras also from marve -----Attack :lol: :lol:

Post subject: hi
PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2011 7:28 pm 
Enlightened

great pic it is realy nice to see these fishes.....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2011 9:10 pm 
Fishaholic

congrats.....you have some nice catches there !

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2011 11:28 am 
Fishaholic

Like all Bengali fraternity, your passion for angling is obvious. I was fortunate enough to fish such Ponds in Calcutta and interact with many Bengali anglers. The ritual like methods, the unique tackles, the herbal ground bait concoctions and the fishing lore in general makes Bengal carp fishing an unique experience.

It must have been a great experience to enjoy the world famous Durga Puja and at the same time indulge in your passion of fishing.

Congratulations on the fish landed. Keep on doing it.

Regards,

Ali. :P

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2011 11:41 am 
Fishaholic

Congrats for the fish caught. Thanks a lot for sharing the pics.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2011 2:15 pm 
Fishaholic

Lovely place Sandip. Some good catches you have there. Thanks for sharing.

Does the second last pic ready "Club Santosh" ???

DeZZ

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2011 4:31 pm 
Fishaholic

Good Show, thanks for sharing.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2011 5:53 pm 
Fishaholic

Congratulation Sandeep! :D

so many different species...

Regards
Arish!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2011 7:41 pm 
Fishaholic

congrats sandeep. superb fishing :D never put the reel on the ground though :-) ( 14th pic)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2011 9:41 pm 
Enlightened

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2011 10:47 am 
Fishaholic

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2011 1:31 pm 
Fishaholic

Spoonangler, Omesh, Sagar, Bobby, Raj, Sayed Bhai, Nirupam, rod n reels, Ali Bhai, apoo, teritex , Tathagata, arish, dr aamir, atul, sanju - Thank you very much for your comments and well wishes.

Sagar – Thanks buddy – We are both travelling on same boat. I will definitely share my detail learning and experience with you probably on this Saturday. Just one thing I want to comment is that same fishing technique (Bait, ground bait, fishing type) does not hold good everywhere – So we need be more experimental and off course lot more to learn. Lets attack this Saturday in Marve as Sayeed Bhai said and will try something different. :D :D :D

Sayed Bhai – Thank you Sayed Bhai for your good wishes. I am trying hard not to disappoint you in saltwater fishing as well and eagerly waiting for the moment when I would be able to dedicate you my 1st big catch. Last week I went alone to Marve and managed to catch one Grouper of small size (I applied my fresh water skills with float there and it worked - The fish was very testy :-) :-) :-) ) –

Please find below the picture -

Uploaded with

Ali Bhai – Thank you Ali Bhai. Yes, you are right, We do use herbal ground bait – This time I bought lot many seeds, flowers etc and made powder out of these – These would be my assets in Mumbai.
I revealed one secret this time – There is a lake inside Durgapur Steel Plat (SAIL) and no one is allowed without special permission to do fishing there since 20 to 30 years and fishes are grown to very big sizes. According to my dad, no one even managed to land fishes recently. :o :o :o After listening all these, I scared to fish this time but next time I will go with proper preparation.
Durgapuja experience was wonderful – It reveals the creativity and art of Bengal. I would request all to visit Bengal once during Puja days and have a feel about it. Sorry I could not post all Puja pics else it would be Puja gallery instead of fishing discussion. :D :D :D

Teritex – Thank you SIR…Very nice observation and even I did not recognize that before - Yes, “Club Santose” was ready and also destroyed after Puja is over :lol: :lol: :lol: – Now it got place in our memory.

Arish – Thank you Arish…There were few other specis like Puti, Japani Puti (Local names) and I am so lazy to put all the pics – You can find the same fish in one of Ali’s post . Please let me know if you want me to share the pics as well.

dr aamir – Thank you…Yes, I will keep in mind your advice. I did not have another option as I wanted to take a pics by myself. :D :D :D

Thanks,
Sandip

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2011 1:52 pm 
Fishaholic

Sandip,

Very nice pictures and a good variety of carp. makes me want to do some float fishing again.

Jeen

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2011 2:34 pm 
Fishaholic

Looks like you had a good time Sandip...congratulations and thanks for sharing the pics

Next time do give a call to anyone of us...

Uploaded with

Saiki

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2011 3:35 pm 
Fishaholic

Sandip if Im not bothering you can you please share them as well,

Some of the fish I can recognize are :

4th- common carp
5th- common carp
7nt- rohu
8th- rohu
10th- mrigal
11th- either catla or rohu(im confused because of redder pectoral & pelvic fins and big head)
12 rohu
19 pungasius pungasius(what is its indian name?)
20 common carp
21 common carps n mrigal
22 mrigal
23 singhara?
24 first fish look like catla because of big rounded head and second one is mrigal

Also in the 16th pic is not that kolkatan style of fishing, heard from tats(tathagata) that Hyderabadi style is somewhat similar to kolkatan style with some differences.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2011 11:19 am 
Fishaholic

Thank you Jeen – Wish you all the best for your float fishing and hope to come out some different species from your tight lines soon.

Saiki – I visit my native once in a year. But surely I will give you a call next time. Do keep in touch. Your Durga pic is awesome and somehow different from usual one.

Excellent Aris – You have identified most of the fishes correctly, just little numbering mismatch. Please find below the list -

4th - Grass carp
5th - Grass carp
6th - Rohu
7th - All are Rohu
8th – Hybrid
9th - Mrigal
10th –All are Hybrid
11th - Rohu
18th - pungasius pungasius(Indian name local name is Pungas)
19th - Common carp
20th - Common carps n mrigal
21st - Mrigal
22nd –Indian local name is Tangra
23rd – Catla & Mrigal

In my day-1 trip, fishes were not taking the bait and I had wait for a long time – In 4 hrs only 3 bites and I hooked 2. I got very bored initially and thought of doing something else. I prepared one small bamboo stick with a very small hook and started catching Puties (Local name)… I caught around 20 in two hrs. :D :D :D :D - Believe me those are very testy. I could not take pictures of that lake – I was a coal mine earlier and now formed a very big lake with depth goes down till 300 – 400 Meters.

Please find below the Puti’s picture –

Uploaded with

For the other one (Locally we call Japani Puti) I don’t have any picture but I found one video. I have just uploaded into Youtube for you – Please find the video link below –

http://youtu.be/pFMHb94Fr68

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2011 1:18 pm 
Fishaholic

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2011 2:30 pm 
Fishaholic

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2011 11:44 pm 
Fishaholic

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2011 11:27 am 
Fishaholic

Thanks Santosh and Apoo...

Arish, Thank you... Yes, I learned lot of things there. Are you bengali? In Marve, I am not so hopeful but let see the power of your wish... :D :D :D

Thanks,
Sandip

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2011 5:54 pm 
Fishaholic

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2011 11:52 am 
Fishaholic

Post subject: congrats
PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2011 7:02 pm 

hey sandip
congrats on all the fish caught in kolkata finally all the excitement of going and fishing in kolkata has been fruitful

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2011 10:08 pm 
Fishaholic

Thank you Steve - Yes Kolkata trip was really good one...

We have to do the same in Mumbai as well...

Thanks,
Sandip