[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 571: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 627: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 1075: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3925)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 1075: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3925)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 494: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 494: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 113: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 113: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5336: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3925)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5336: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3925)
Need your advice - Kolkata spots - INDIANANGLER ->

INDIANANGLER

India fishing forum for all the information you require on angling, equipment, locations and trip reports.
It is currently Tue Sep 22, 2020 4:59 pm

All times are UTC+05:30

PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2011 1:09 pm 

I am a newbie - trying to learn both tricks of angling and knowing the places where I could go. I hope I can get some valuable advice from you.

I lurked into some of the threads here. It seems the Beliaghata lake and FortWilliam are two common hunts.

Could someone please let me know what is needed to fish in Habildar Tank? Like how do I get there (I will be going from Esplanade/East kolkata)? Do I need a pass and/or a permit and how to get it? The timings and such? What are the restrictions?

The same info about SubhasSarovar/ Beliaghata would be helpful - but I was told by one of the locals that the place is overfished and it may not help me as a beginner.

Also, I am guessing that these two are the main hangouts. Are there any other places nearby?
Regards

Tintin

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2011 1:26 pm 
Fishaholic

Hi tintin,

Beleghata is a public lake and u can fish there with a pass.. The entire lake is not overfished except for a few seats (read: VIP Seats).. If you can go to the lakes a few days before the day you are planning to fish, then you might get a ticket for one of the VIP seats.. However be prepared to pay a little extra.. Average catches will be in the range of 1-2kgs however the possibility of getting a monster is decent here..

Fort William is a tougher place to get to.. You will only be allowed entry to Fort William if you are with a member. And you can only fish here if you are signed in as a guest by a member.. FW practices Catch and Release for certain fish and also there is a weight limit, however the environment and surroundings are the best I have fished in..

Besides these two, there are other places to fish like Lal Dighi, however I would not recommend this place as there is no more big fish here and there is a lot of disturbance from passer-bys. There are some other pay-ponds however they are mostly in the districts and is a 1-3 hour commute..

Hope this helps,

Tight Lines & Good Fishing,
GRC

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2011 3:15 pm 
Fishaholic

GRC,

Whilst on the subject of fishing near Kolkata, I read a long time ago that there were mulloway (also called jewfish) in waters at the point where the Hooghly drains into the ocean.

Can anyone confirm if this is true?

Mulloway/jewfish are a prize catch and are extremely good eating and can be caught on bait, metal spoons and soft plastics.

Any light that you can shed on this matter will be appreciated.

Kind regards,
Kingfish

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2011 4:08 pm 
Fishaholic

If you are planning to go this coming week any time before friday, Count me in...

Cheers,

Chris

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2011 5:23 pm 
Fishaholic

@Kingfish - I tried to fish the hooghly once, but all I caught was a few junk and some old bags.. Its pretty difficult to fish the Hooghly with its strong current and the best you can do is fish the smaller channels connected to it, in hope of catching a fish... However, to be honest, I have never given a 100% to fishing this river. I rather laze away my weekend on my machan at FW... :lol: :lol:

@Christopher - My weekdays are pretty tight with work but am free next weekend.. If you ok, then tag along to FW with me... Its a perfectly lazy way to waste an afternoon :wink: :wink:

Tight Lines & Good Fishing,
GRC

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2011 8:16 am 
Fishaholic

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2011 1:11 am 
Fishaholic

Post subject: fishing
PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2012 12:36 am 

where should i get the pass [VIP or ordinary] for fishing in beleghata jhill

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 2:45 pm 
Fishaholic

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 5:42 pm 
Enlightened

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 9:53 pm 
Fishaholic

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2012 7:04 am 
Enlightened

yes rod & reels, I also agree with you but sometime the luck matters

i heard a very sad news some big fishes in Konnagar ponds have died after durga puja immersion due to the colouring chemicals used.

fishes are not biting there.

belur ones are giving small fishes around a kg & half

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 8:53 am 
Enlightened

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 2:38 pm 
Enlightened

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 3:09 pm 
Fishaholic

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 8:59 pm 
Enlightened

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 10:17 am 
Enlightened

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 3:07 pm 
Fishaholic

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 1:31 pm 
Fishaholic

Konnagar was good once upon a time.. but nowadays it is boring over there... Too much chemicals have been used over there to stop baiting... really sad news.

@ GRC : what is FW and where is it.. i want to go over there... :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 4:55 pm 
Fishaholic

Hi Debajyoti,

FW is Fort William.. You can only fish here if invited by a member.. There are two lakes here (somewhere close to the size of Lal Dighi). One is having 22 seats while the other has 27.. Lot of rules and regulations but the best environ for carp fishing..

Let me know when you want to fish and we will arrange something.. Please note fishing days here are only Wednesdays, Saturdays and Sundays...

Tight Lines,
GRC

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 11:48 am 
Fishaholic

Great....

Saturday is good for me....

@ GRC : I will let u know the date shortly... :D

Happy Fishing....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 12:07 pm 
Fishaholic

Anytime, my friend...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 3:17 pm 
Enlightened

Any guys living near Dharamtola street ,Kolkatta ?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 4:30 pm 
Fishaholic

Am close enough.. Wassup ??

Tight Lines,
GRC

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 9:46 pm 
Enlightened

Friend Never been to Kolkutta or west bengal. My dad was born in west bengal.I got my grandfathers record showing that he lived at 167/1 at Dharamtola street,Calcutta. Any pictiures of that house or that gate would be welcome.My grandfather was born November 11 1899 .Caste___anglo-indian---British Subject

Last edited by san_asr on Fri Nov 16, 2012 12:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 9:55 am 
Fishaholic

Dude, its a big area.. any pin codes ??

Tight Lines,
GRC

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 12:37 pm 
Enlightened

Thanks GRC that was quick.The document I've got was issued in 1940 !
Maybe Dharamtolla was not a big area back in '40. The document sinply states, 167/1 Dharamtolla street,Calcutta. Thana: Dharamtolla District :Calcutta.

No pincodes . Were there pincodes back in 1940 ??

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 1:15 pm 
Fishaholic

The address is good enough to find the place cos it is have the number 167/1.

But 1940 address??? :lol: :lol: :lol:
Maybe GRC can show you the way... :roll: :roll:

Happy Fishing..

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 3:30 pm 
Fishaholic

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 5:00 pm 
Enlightened

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 6:23 pm 
Fishaholic

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 10:53 am 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 11:49 am 
Fishaholic

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 12:51 pm 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 1:18 am 
Fishaholic

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 9:15 am 
Fishaholic

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 5:27 pm 

Debajyoti , I fully agreed with you that konnogar ponds are using camicals for stop biting .. I have sat for 5 days and no catch :x

There ia another pond in bally and I have membership there . It opens twice in year . I will invite you and GRC there . :-) last time I got one 6.5 , one 4 , and two one Kg katla .. Nd saw people catching rohu almost 10 kgs :twisted:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 8:22 pm 
Fishaholic

That's great... definitely we will join...

And regarding Konnagar .... you can goto "new park" (pond name). That's the only no chemical pond... i guess...

I have caught lots of fish over there on 2010.

Happy Fishing....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2013 8:00 pm 
Fishaholic

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 02, 2014 9:50 pm 

hi guys...

looking for some spots in kolkata or int he sandarbans? does any body some good address of pond where it will be easy for me to fish just a day. i seem to understand that it's often needed to be introduce...thanks to all

thigh lines

fabien

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2014 12:15 pm 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2014 4:42 pm 

I was informed by someone few days back abt subhas sarobar . a lot of fish were taken by 4 of my friends.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2014 10:47 pm