->

INDIANANGLER

India fishing forum for all the information you require on angling, equipment, locations and trip reports.
It is currently Fri Nov 24, 2017 10:08 pm

All times are UTC+05:30

Post subject: Konkan - TRIP
PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2011 5:07 pm 
Fishaholic

Hi Everyone,

Been out of the forum for more than an year, Now recovered and ready to make a come back, So, I am planning to go to Ganpatipule / Some where on Konkan for fishing this weekend, Would like to Invite you all who would like to join in the trip and even guide me as well,

Your Suggestions are most welcome on locations, stay and contacts

Lookjing forward to your reverts & inputs

Cheers!!! Mayur

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2011 6:47 pm 
Fishaholic

Welcome Back! I have never been to konkan, so no info from my side. I wish u all luck to catch the dream fish. We all hope this weekend we will have some post in the shore fishing forum to break eveyone's silence.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2011 8:33 am 
Fishaholic

Its a small place, take a shack on the beach pretty inexpensive!, contacts none, spots..... you'll find too many! lots of MJ's and Snappers there. The black spot on the tail guy was prominent a couple months ago. If your going ganpati pule then try ratnagiri! actually the whole coastline is full of spots to fish! Best of luck, may god bless you with a Barra. Not seen some decent pics of em in a few months now!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2011 9:32 am 
Fishaholic

I was in konakan 2 weeks back and trust me fishing was hard work. We managed one Gt and one MJ... lots of cats and couple of lost fish. The rains are heavy and the sea is scary. Suggest you postpone your plan by 2 - 3 weeks.

Santosh

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2011 9:40 am 
Fishaholic

Omesh.Moorjani wrote:
Its a small place, take a shack on the beach pretty inexpensive!, contacts none, spots..... The black spot on the tail guy was prominent a couple months ago. If your going ganpati pule then try ratnagiri! actually the whole coastline is full of spots to fish! Best of luck, may god bless you with a Barra. Not seen some decent pics of em in a few months now!

Omesh, can i know where in konkan you get shacks on the beach?? unless you are talking abt beaches near alibaug or murud. Even the ones there might be closed for monsoon.

The one with the black spot is called a finger mark. :-)

Where in ratnagiri? :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2011 8:46 pm 
Fishaholic

santosh wrote:
Omesh.Moorjani wrote:
Its a small place, take a shack on the beach pretty inexpensive!, contacts none, spots..... The black spot on the tail guy was prominent a couple months ago. If your going ganpati pule then try ratnagiri! actually the whole coastline is full of spots to fish! Best of luck, may god bless you with a Barra. Not seen some decent pics of em in a few months now!

Omesh, can i know where in konkan you get shacks on the beach?? unless you are talking abt beaches near alibaug or murud. Even the ones there might be closed for monsoon.

The one with the black spot is called a finger mark. :-)

Where in ratnagiri? :lol:
,, santy is right here no shacks in konkan,, goin after 3 weeks is good idea,, all the best

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2011 8:14 am 
Fishaholic

not exactly shacks but there is this resort at ganpati pule which has cottages which resemble shacks, yes the monsoon might have them and most places closed. he was planning to go this weekend so thought thats the best he could do. and in ratnagiri there are a few places to go fishing, theres one which has too many rocks(I don't know names) if anyone going can help out with a relatives number and he can take you to the spot he took me to, Plus in the heart of the city there is a ramp kind of thing that goes into the sea, many people fish out there too.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2011 10:08 am 
Fishaholic

Omesh.Moorjani wrote:
not exactly shacks but there is this resort at ganpati pule which has cottages which resemble shacks, .... .

and not "pretty inexpensive".. :roll: :roll:

Another thing, some places in konkan locals are against anyone coming from outside (unless you know them) and fishing in those waters. For couple of reasons, but mainly due to lot of locals are themselves fishing with hand lines as netting is closed for monsoon and they have nothing else to do.

Post subject: hi
PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2011 8:29 pm 
Fishaholic

:lol:

Last edited by MERWYNTIGER on Fri Jul 29, 2011 9:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: Re: hi
PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2011 9:38 pm 
Fishaholic

MERWYNTIGER wrote:
santosh wrote:
Omesh.Moorjani wrote:
not exactly shacks but there is this resort at ganpati pule which has cottages which resemble shacks, .... .

and not "pretty inexpensive".. :roll: :roll:

Another thing, some places in konkan locals are against anyone coming from outside (unless you know them) and fishing in those waters. For couple of reasons, but mainly due to lot of locals are themselves fishing with hand lines as netting is closed for monsoon and they have nothing else to do.
i know one place near malvan which is banned by the locals for goans out of jealousy,,we goans is to get good snappers there because of sardine bait which is avalaible in goa these days but not avaible in south maharastra,, on every sunday many goans would go a holiday and catch many snapper there,,so the locals put this matter in the local panjayat and banned all outsiders including maharastraians from coming for fishing,,,,what is ironic here is that this same people work in goa ,,use our hospitals ,,come for holidays to goa and we are not welcomed in their land because of snappers,,by the way we would get snappers once out of 4 moonson trips ,,its was more of a outing there on sunday for fun,,,fish can make people do funny things,,, in goa nobody blocks anybody from fishing including foriengners who fish and and sell fish in ,,,can u believe it,,,well times are going to be difficult for anglers in future

Hi Merwin,

Let me correct you here...What you say jealousy is you perception and I should say you are a bit wrong in judging them. From the first hand information I am being told that firstly its the security issue and directly comes from the security forces, perhaps you are not aware that the anti social elements took this route to enter the country and that place is / was a haven for the so called DON. Secondly, it was due to the complaints from the locals that people come to fish there and they have been emptying the oceans. This proves a set back to the locals, I would do the same if some foreigner comes and starts emptying my backyard. Sadly I notice that my own countrymen are not following the catch and release and people from other countries are putting in efforts to encourage catch and release. From what you call as pulling in snappers left and right is what proves that these activities must have provoked them locals. Do you remember the story of the "Hen that laid golden eggs"? Looks like you guys have slaughtered the hen already. By the way in this whole thing they never said or used the word them "GOANS". So the rules applies to all you and me too. Perhaps you are not aware that you can still go there. You need to have proper permission from the cops. Yes you are welcome in the south of maharashtra to fish anytime but be reasonable.

About sardines... I am a bit baffled..I have seen sardines been fished in loads in malvan. Sorry to say but your allegation is improper. By the way I really fail to understand why would goans use the terms like maharashtrians and (deleted )??? I find it hard to believe that civilized people do the same thing. More over, I have been listening to "William Curtorim" songs on youtube :). My GOD the hatred towards non goans is at its peak in goa. My friend we are all a perfect creation GOD and I am roman catholic residing in south maharashtra and for everyone I am very much goan at heart. By the way I am planing to by property on DIVAR Island, please dont let me think twice :)

Cheers patraon

DeZZ

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2011 9:45 pm 
Fishaholic

MERWYNTIGER wrote:
i know one place near malvan which is banned by the locals for goans out of jealousy,,we goans is to get good snappers there because of sardine bait which is avalaible in goa these days but not avaible in south maharastra,, on every sunday many goans would go a holiday and catch many snapper there,,so the locals put this matter in the local panjayat and banned all outsiders including maharastraians from coming for fishing,,,,what is ironic here is that this same people work in goa ,,use our hospitals ,,come for holidays to goa and we are not welcomed in their land because of snappers,,by the way we would get snappers once out of 4 moonson trips ,,its was more of a outing there on sunday for fun,,,fish can make people do funny things,,, in goa nobody blocks anybody from fishing including foriengners who fish and and sell fish in ,,,can u believe it,,,well times are going to be difficult for anglers in future

:roll:

WOW.. OK let me answer it.

People coming form Goa.. happy go lucky anglers for weekend fun..??? NO :x SOME of them come with huge ice box dreaming of INR300/ KG for MJ and INR 400/ Kg for barra

Fishing with Sardines that only goans know?? and its only available in Goa? CRAP.. need a face palm? :lol: :lol: ... well mate, I have been and fished with locals who have much more knowledge than any of us here. Amazingly, these people taste water and know if its is good time to fish, hard to believe but dead accurate.

These fisherman are very poor, can’t even think they come to goa for fun when having two morsels is luxury, still some love their ocean so much that you will be ashamed :-) .. keep your rants to you. I very well know who comes where and for what. :evil:

Till 2 years back boats from Goa were illegally fishing there in monsoon and with their purse nets caught Gt's .. after filling their boats dumped the rest back in the sea.. 1000's of dead and discarded / wasted Gt's got beached on the shore.. yeah innocent goan boats owned by congress politicians.. :P

Some come with big ice box and do spear fishing.. how nice happy Goans having weekend fun :lol:

Well for your comments which i have made bold.. don’t forget you were one before some of your...... I am from goa as well, sorry mate we fought. :wink:

BTW, I can fish anywhere I want in Konkan coz Maharashtrian?.. even Ali can fish anywhere he wants in konkan, is he a maharashtrian?.. Guess this illiterate poor fishermen from Konkan must be knowning who is a poacher and who is a angler. looks like you still in pre independence mindset :roll: ..identity crises or don’t you call yourself Indian first? Nuf said? Disgusting..?

In north goa, at one certain beach foreigners are not allowed .. hell even goans are not allowed unless you grease their palms.. let these foreigners have fun mate.. after all its Goa.. GN

Last edited by santosh on Fri Jul 22, 2011 10:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2011 10:21 pm 
Fishaholic

Now OP has more information than he needs I guess :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2011 10:34 pm 
Fishaholic

kryptoz wrote:
Now OP has more information than he needs I guess :)

OP OR OM..? :lol: :lol: guessing huh?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2011 12:28 am 
Fishaholic

I second Santosh. I wish I could give you the link of Goan Trawlers Poaching in Malvan using their purse nets. It was in the news lately. And by the way by Maharashtrians I hope you mean people living in Maharashtra and not the Maharashtrians (Hindu Ethnicity), cause your statements is sending wrong signals for sure [smilie=damn.gif]

DeZZ

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2011 2:00 am 
Fishaholic

whatever Santo has said has firm base... to back it up about spear fishing, would like to share some pics... the same day i was spinning for 5 hrs with no result but some INNOCENT people from Goa killed ( wont dare to say caught )
plenty of fishes in front of me... i wont mind if somebody is getting fishes and i am not; but the way they got fishes was bloody massacre... and again two days later one of those proud fishermen met me in a hotel nearby and was telling me the stories of huge barra and grouper speared by them who were one of 23 fishes killed that day... INNOCENT goa people...
and yes that sardin thing is really crap...

regards,

Dr. Prasad

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2011 2:16 am 
Fishaholic

http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set= ... 3660&saved

check out the pics labeled as dirty fishing ( last 5 )

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2011 5:21 am 
Enlightened

Hi Mayur - All the best for the fishing trip mate!!!! Hope you have a fish of a time!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2011 10:37 am 
Fishaholic

Happy Goans on weekend fun.. :lol: :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2011 1:14 pm 
Fishaholic

Hmmm,

Interesting discussion and some bizarre opinions. Good to have these kind of discussions but I am compelled to stop this going any further on the basis of personal allegations.

In every sphere of life, there are good persons and bad persons. It does not have any thing to do with there origin, culture or language. The exploitation of our already depleted natural resources are condemnable and it is not area specific. Local population have all the rights to object to that.

Please limit the discussion to the point of poaching or the relevant topic. No more allegations on base of origin, culture or language.

Regards,

Ali.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2011 8:31 pm 
Fishaholic

is coastal fishing licensed?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2011 8:53 pm 
Fishaholic

[quote="angler_ali"]Hmmm,

Interesting discussion and some bizarre opinions. Good to have these kind of discussions but I am compelled to stop this going any further on the basis of personal allegations.

In every sphere of life, there are good persons and bad persons. It does not have any thing to do with there origin, culture or language. The exploitation of our already depleted natural resources are condemnable and it is not area specific. Local population have all the rights to object to that.

Please limit the discussion to the point of poaching or the relevant topic. No more allegations on base of origin, culture or language.

Regards,

Ali. :lol:

Last edited by MERWYNTIGER on Fri Jul 29, 2011 9:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2011 1:26 am 
Fishaholic

Hi Everyone,
For thank you for so many posts, With all due respect & regards, Lets only be Anglers what we are here for, Fun, Adventure, Learning & Respect for nature & all of us.
We all need a Get together and develop this with more respect not with aligations.
Cheers, had a great time with Old Vetrans today!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2011 1:28 am 
Fishaholic

MERWYNTIGER wrote:
well i respect your opinion but there were quite overheated reactions i am not anti maharastrain ,,but well over reactions from some friends ,,,my post is not anti maharastrain,,about sardine in moonsoon one cannot get sardine in malvan during the ban, (not crap)..,,there all this reacton has nothing to do with my post,,,
sorry once again lets not start a unpleasent argument,, :lol: :lol: :lol:
cheers guys

:lol: :lol: .. Not over heated my friend, it was more of a reality check for you.

Who cares even if your post was anti maharashtrian.. and when I say goan, I include all .. the rest 70 % and not just 30 %. :wink:

" ,,,,what is ironic here is that this same people work in goa ,,use our hospitals ,,come for holidays to goa and we are not welcomed in their land because of snappers"

What is yours here? The hospital? No Gov, ones are made of Indian tax payers money..., they use it for free? and you pay for it? who are they? Indian? why people just 100 Km far from them are not welcomed? whereas people like us who are 500 KM away are welcomed with open arms? Is that you doing something wrong?

Santosh

Last edited by santosh on Sun Jul 24, 2011 9:33 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2011 1:33 am 
Fishaholic

We are Indian Anglers
Cheers!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2011 1:34 am 
Fishaholic

MERWYNTIGER wrote:
about sardine in moonsoon one cannot get sardine in malvan during the ban, (not crap)

Half knowledge is more dangerous...and what you said is Bull Crap... next time you are in malvan, go and have a look at "Rapan's" in monsoon.. :lol: :lol:

Santosh

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2011 8:49 pm 
Fishaholic

santosh wrote:
MERWYNTIGER wrote:
about sardine in moonsoon one cannot get sardine in malvan during the ban, (not crap)

Half knowledge is more dangerous...and what you said is Bull Crap... next time you are in malvan, go and have a look at "Rapan's" in monsoon.. :lol: :lol:

Santosh
don,t worry that will be soon

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2011 11:39 pm 
Site Admin

Guys lets not make this place a mess....take it easy...all of you.

Like Jeen mentioned in another thread please refrain from posting gory fish pictures on the forum. I will be sending out a mailer soon to all members on this issue.

This is a spotfishing forum let's keep it that way.

Cheers
IA

Post subject: hi
PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2011 9:16 pm 
Fishaholic

. need a face palm? santosh what do u mean by that dude,, i am no less giving the same ,,, watch it man,,,,a dude what do u mean by 70 and rest 30 percent stick to angling man,,,u say goans only know know bait fishing ,, well we know much more then that,,, including all kinds of fishing u do,,,,no need for such stupid remarks..many would agree on the forum

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2011 1:48 am 
Fishaholic

Merwyn watch it dude; you are again starting unnecessary argument. the topic is over i guessed but i was wrong; why do u want to dig the statements posted 1-2 days back? if u really want to warn or threaten Santo; :lol: :lol:
then u have his cel number all right... why do you want to use this forum for that? just to show that you are not any less? i wonder how people get angry on things said couple of days back!! think over it dude, this forum is for angling and people who love angling... you are capable of settling other issues on your own( as u say ) then why do you want to spoil this forum for that man?

regards,

Dr. Prasad

Last edited by dr. prasad on Tue Jul 26, 2011 10:56 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2011 9:48 am 
Fishaholic

MERWYNTIGER wrote:
. need a face palm? santosh what do u mean by that dude,, i am no less giving the same ,,,

You are most welcome.. :-)

http://www.idiomeanings.com/idioms/facepalm/

Relax Merwyn,.... :-) and lets end it here.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2011 1:19 pm 
Fishaholic

i mis understood end of topic ,,,hahahaha angling angling angling lets get over this ,,,dr prasad i misunderstood ,,,i have no intention of any such things,,,good luck

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2011 1:57 pm 
Fishaholic

We love you Merwyn.. [smilie=kiss.gif]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2011 2:34 pm 
Fishaholic

Good entertainment on a rainy day :)P

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2011 8:44 pm 
Fishaholic

santosh wrote:
We love you Merwyn.. [smilie=kiss.gif]
same here

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2011 1:44 am 
Fishaholic

:D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2011 1:58 pm 
Fishaholic

Oyeeeeem

But What abt Spots On Konkan to fish???

[smilie=blush.gif]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2011 6:22 pm 
Fishaholic

after a long gap touched the forun and wow what good reading would second fred for that no better way to spend a rainy afternoon then spice and hot stuff mmmmmmmm :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: but Jokes apart guys lets stick to having some fun on this forum and any one can go any where in India and fish I believe still its one and the same country and every where locals will have some rule or other and as a sports angler one always should go by the local norms its fair enough i think :lol: :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2011 6:22 pm 
Fishaholic

We will soon go there Mayur.. :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2011 8:37 pm 
Fishaholic

mayursud wrote:
Oyeeeeem

But What abt Spots On Konkan to fish???

[smilie=blush.gif]
we forgot mayur in the bargain hehehheehe i dare not suggest any spots ,,least i get fingered again ,,

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2011 8:47 pm 
Fishaholic

Mayur i suggest just Google it and whenever you see santo fishing just go there :twisted: :twisted:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2011 2:25 pm 
Fishaholic

[quote="MERWYNTIGER
[smilie=blush.gif][/quote] i dare not suggest any spots ,,least i get fingered again ,,[/quote]

Fishing forum we said Mervyn [size=18]....."FISHING FORUM :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :shock: :shock: :shock: :D :D :D :D