->

INDIANANGLER

India fishing forum for all the information you require on angling, equipment, locations and trip reports.
It is currently Fri Sep 22, 2017 8:17 am

All times are UTC+05:30

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2011 9:18 pm 
Fishaholic

hi guys ,,,i have seen on ia that during the month of june to sept ,,no body post any thing no trip reports nothing well this year i am going to post all my moonsoon catch and please guys who have eperience in moonsoon fishing please post something about moonsoon fishing ,,,in goa moonsoon fishing is a big thing,,,whole families go fishing these days,,hpoe i catch some good fish these moonsoon,,wish me luck
merwyn

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2011 9:57 pm 
Fishaholic

Good luck Tiger.. one can have the best fishing in Monsoon, I had some amazing time last year.
The coast also looks beautiful this time of the year, lush green, nice weather, big waves.. , angling is not just fish... [smilie=hearts.gif]

Lil tied up with work, as soon as I get some time I will be out fishing.. [smilie=hellyeah.gif]

Tight lines... Santosh

Last edited by santosh on Tue Jun 28, 2011 12:43 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2011 11:40 pm 
Fishaholic

santosh wrote:
Good luck Tiger.. one can have the best fishing in Monsoon, I had some amazing time last year.
The cost also looks beautiful this time of the year, lush green, nice weather, big waves.. , angling is not just fish... [smilie=hearts.gif]

Lil tied up with work, as soon as I get some time I will be out fishing.. [smilie=hellyeah.gif]

Tight lines... Santosh

how much does it cost?i'm willing to pay whatever.a million,two,ten.dont rub us the wrong way.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2011 12:52 am 
Fishaholic

LOL.. you got me on the typo mate.. :))

come here.... it's free for a good friend like you.. ;)

10 M (in USD) is not much... :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2011 4:20 pm 
Fishaholic

Wish you a lots of luck and big catches.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2011 5:46 pm 
Enlightened

You might want to try out porvorim lake ... I've heard some good stories of decent sized snakeheads... out there.
It's somewhere near the catering college...

Enjoy the monsoon fishing with some goan sausage curry n' urack...!

Tight lines...!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2011 9:00 pm 
Fishaholic

thanks santo for ur wishes,,i am going to try for the local sweet water or fresh water kadus which santo say s is masheer but i am a hardcore saltyguy ,the river runs near my in laws place,,and can try some decent fishing whole day,,also i am going to post even if the mangrovejack is of 2 kg,,,something is better then nothing,, right guys

Last edited by MERWYNTIGER on Fri Jul 29, 2011 8:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2011 9:38 pm 
Fishaholic

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/718/mervyn.jpg
guys one barra i got some time back, gave a nice fight and i lured on a storm red head 15 feet diver in half moon conditions :lol: :lol: :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2011 9:46 pm 
Fishaholic

Congrats Merwyn..nice barra...I bet it must be tough to catch a fish in the monsoon time..Do be careful of the slippery rocks my friend..

Keep up the good work and tight lines!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2011 10:07 am 
Fishaholic

Nice catch. Thanks for sharing the pic

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2011 12:09 pm 
Fishaholic

MERWYNTIGER wrote:
http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/718/mervyn.jpg
guys one barra i got some time back, gave a nice fight and i lured on a storm red head 15 feet diver in half moon conditions :lol: :lol: :lol:

Hey Tiger :P there is a peculiar resemblance in ur last two posts

1.) dated june 28 2011 9pm -----> same picture link & same catch report
....................................1month later same date same hour :P
2.) dated july 28 2011 9.38pm --> same picture link & same catch report

I think it is a case of galti se mistake hogaya :lol: :lol:

anyway my double congratulations to you mate [smilie=gt-happyup.gif]

I too went fishing last week during the neap tide 8) and caught my regular quota of snappers ( MJs ) [smilie=lol.gif]

Last edited by lionheart on Fri Jul 29, 2011 4:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2011 2:27 pm 
Fishaholic

i don,t think i hav posted this picture please help me locate it on forum,,thanks braganza , apoo and lionheart when can lion and tiger hunt together, ooopps ,,i mean fish together,,what say brother anthony :wink: i think agusut will be a good month for the mj,s :lol: :lol: :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2011 4:39 pm 
Fishaholic

MERWYNTIGER wrote:
i don,t think i hav posted this picture please help me locate it on forum,,thanks braganza , apoo and lionheart when can lion and tiger hunt together, ooopps ,,i mean fish together,,what say brother anthony :wink: i think agusut will be a good month for the mj,s :lol: :lol: :lol:

This same thread check the 7th & 8th post from the top :P

ha ha haaa :twisted: :twisted: Lions & Tigers never hunt together [smilie=nope.gif]
as I already have fished for the month of August in advance so count me not Tiger :wink:
August is my month of Fasting not Casting !!
and best off luck in advance to you goan tiger :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2011 8:45 pm 
Fishaholic

tight lines mate [smilie=coolup.gif]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2011 7:48 pm 
Fishaholic

rajatmukherje wrote:
thanks dada,how have u been all this while :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2011 7:59 pm 
Fishaholic

MERWYNTIGER wrote:
rajatmukherje wrote:
thanks dada,how have u been all this while :lol:

Just busy with some work mate rest absolutely fine :D :D thanks

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2011 8:35 pm 
Fishaholic

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/33 ... 17052.jpg/
this barra is my personal best of 10.5 kg caught sometime ago,,lure used xrap,,,time morning time 7 30 am,,place goa river mandovi,,i was overjoyed getting this barra hpoe to get some like this one sorry for the pictures quality guys :lol: :P

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2011 9:01 pm 
Fishaholic

uhmmmmmm..... Where's yer explanation on the 7th and 8th post???? youre clever enough to edit the first and remove the link..... What are you trying to prove or encourage? Fishing in monsoon is not good! a big no if you know what nature conservation means..... esp. the sea.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2011 9:23 am 
Fishaholic

MERWYNTIGER wrote:
http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/33/63864120062627154617052.jpg/
this barra is my personal best of 10.5 kg caught sometime ago,,lure used xrap,,,time morning time 7 30 am,,place goa river mandovi,,i was overjoyed getting this barra hpoe to get some like this one sorry for the pictures quality guys :lol: :P

You say you caught this fish @ 0730 AM IN THE MORNING but the photo looks as if it was caught @ night :)

Gharantlo bulb fuse jalo kiten re :)

Just kidding mate. I have seen mandovi on the maps and looks like a promising location. Please let me know the locations from Dabolim Airport to Sawantwadi so next time I land in GOA will fish on my way home :)

Congrats on that good barra.

DeZZ

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2011 9:58 am 
Fishaholic

Hearty Congrats for your personal best Barra :D Proud of you Tiger [smilie=gt-happyup.gif]

looks like your camera flash was switched off :wink: anyway we can always recognise you by that beautiful Colgate Smile :P

can you tell us which rapala Xrap was used ?? {colour--> ??? and size --> sxr-12 or 14 --> ?? }

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2011 11:38 am 
Fishaholic

Congratulations Merwin,

I have re posted the photo of your Barra. While posting, use link for forum so as we all can enjoy the photo directly.

Good going and a very nice Barra. Congratulations once again on your PB.

Regards,

Ali.

PS. The way you are holding the Barra can cause some accident as the gills are razor sharp. The best way to hold this fish is from the lip.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2011 12:46 pm 
Fishaholic

Omesh.Moorjani wrote:
uhmmmmmm..... Where's yer explanation on the 7th and 8th post???? youre clever enough to edit the first and remove the link..... What are you trying to prove or encourage? Fishing in monsoon is not good! a big no if you know what nature conservation means..... esp. the sea.
omesh by mistake i had put the picture in on the june date then after a minute i posted on the same day thats the reason,,i had not posted it earlier,,i know the sea also gives to us lot of records type fishes in moonsoon,,but too many local anglers no place to fish on sundays because of off season tourism workers trying their luck for the pot and they have nothing to do but after semptember there are less anglers :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2011 12:53 pm 
Fishaholic

teritex wrote:
MERWYNTIGER wrote:
http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/33/63864120062627154617052.jpg/

You say you caught this fish @ 0730 AM IN THE MORNING but the photo looks as if it was caught @ night :)

Gharantlo bulb fuse jalo kiten re :)

Just kidding mate. I have seen mandovi on the maps and looks like a promising location. Please let me know the locations from Dabolim Airport to Sawantwadi so next time I land in GOA will fish on my way home :) right patrao,, any time for you,,how is your angel,,whole day the fish was in the ice box,,,,and there none to hold the camera so therefore photo in the evenning

Congrats on that good barra.

DeZZ
:wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2011 1:05 pm 
Fishaholic

lionheart wrote:
Hearty Congrats for your personal best Barra :D Proud of you Tiger [smilie=gt-happyup.gif]

looks like your camera flash was switched off :wink: anyway we can always recognise you by that beautiful Colgate Smile :P

can you tell us which rapala Xrap was used ?? {colour--> ??? and size --> sxr-12 or 14 --> ?? }
xrap gold which dives fro around 5 feet ,,top or shallow water lure my friend i caught my first fish a grouper on that lure . that grouper was of 5 kg , i have one lure whom i call champion a fire tiger rappala lure which has caught around 18 fish for last 3 yrs thanks lion ,there are gold medalist s,,silver medalist , brone medalist and no medal lures in my lure kit, i have about 35 lures for differnt aplications cheers

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2011 1:08 pm 
Fishaholic

angler_ali wrote:
Congratulations Merwin,

I have re posted the photo of your Barra. While posting, use link for forum so as we all can enjoy the photo directly.

Good going and a very nice Barra. Congratulations once again on your PB.

Regards,

Ali.

PS. The way you are holding the Barra can cause some accident as the gills are razor sharp. The best way to hold this fish is from the lip.
thanks alibhai,for ur wishes and congrats on last week freshwater fish,i agree with you that barra have sharp gill and it is not the right way to catch them that way ,, thanks for the tip,, :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2011 1:26 pm 
Fishaholic

MERWYNTIGER wrote:
caught around 18 fish for last 3 yrs ,there are gold medalist ,silver medalist , brone medalist in my lure kit,

Would you Dare to Bare the pics of only the Gold and Silver medalist lures of yours :P after hooking so many fishes they must be pretty worn out by now :P lets see their ugly faces Merwynji :lol: :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2011 8:55 pm 
Fishaholic

lionheart wrote:
MERWYNTIGER wrote:
caught around 18 fish for last 3 yrs ,there are gold medalist ,silver medalist , brone medalist in my lure kit,

Would you Dare to Bare the pics of only the Gold and Silver medalist lures of yours :P after hooking so many fishes they must be pretty worn out by now :P lets see their ugly faces Merwynji :lol: :lol:
the gold medalist is grim with so many puncture holes :lol: :lol: :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2011 9:39 pm 
Fishaholic

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/84 ... 2.jpg/want to share this snap with my angling friends, caught sometime aImage
go,, this snapper gave me lovely fight ,,caught it on spinning reel , 50 pound braid, ugly stick rod, rubber shad mackeral,hooked the chonak on red head just near the rock i was fishing. hope to get one this year :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:the snapper had three runs on my alivio 6000 reel ,the strike very vicious and the snapper took up like a frieght train,, running left and right ,i had taught that it would break the line , lucky for me,,i landed it,,the mouth of the snapper was torn because of the fight,,this snapper was quite big ,,the snapper and barra is in 2foot big coca cola box,, its really a thrill to fish such snappers... :lol: :lol: :-)the barra was around two and half kg and the snapper well it was,,,,,,, :lol:

Last edited by MERWYNTIGER on Thu Aug 11, 2011 9:32 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2011 9:10 pm 
Fishaholic

Imagethis snap of me catching a queenfish in karwar,i was with my friend trolling at last island in the sea off the coast of karwar,and as the sun was setting ,at about 6,30 pm i got a hookup with this beauty . at fist i tought it was huge fish much bigger then then fish on the picture,,then i must say that no fish took more line then this fish of my penn senator reel,,,lovely fighting fish i must say,, waiting to hook some more this year ,,,hehehehehe :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2011 12:28 am 
Fishaholic

nice queen.. my best was 20 lb +.... they are blast on light tackle.. :))))

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2011 7:21 am 
Fishaholic

Beautiful Queen! Congratulation Merwin :P

That cat might be jealous of your catch :lol:

Regards
Arish!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2011 8:42 am 
Fishaholic

Hearty Congrats Merwyn !! very nice Catches , keep on repeating :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2011 9:33 am 
Enlightened

Congrats buddy.....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2011 10:40 am 
Fishaholic

Great catch. Thanks for sharing the pic.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2011 1:10 pm 
Fishaholic

Fantastic fighters but useless as table fish
Thick skin and rightly called as leather jacket

Ravi

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2011 4:54 pm 
Fishaholic

i agree with you ravinp their are not good for table but i hear from my friend that you need to cook some way which tenderise the meat ,for it to taste good, thanks ravinp , sayed,apoo, and santosh. :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2011 6:14 pm 
Fishaholic

One more specie added to your accouint.

Congrats buddy.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2011 3:07 pm 
Fishaholic

Hey Merwyn, Congrats on your catch!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2011 11:00 pm 
Fishaholic

Congrats Merwyn.. Beautiful Queen !!

Post subject: hi
PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2011 9:09 pm 
Fishaholic

[Image[/URL]

Uploaded with ImageShack.usgrouper fish or gobro caught by me in ,,caught 9 big fish that day,,so much so the boat guy got jealous of my sucess,,,and refuse to come again fishing ( trolling) with me,,,this particular grouper gave me a tough time,,it went in its liar and just refuse to budge . my trace had to withstand heavy abrasion because this guy chose to play a game of tug of war ,,,then after 5 to 10 minutes it came out ,,,,my arms were aching from the fish fight, cause i had to yank him out,, caught him on my gold medalist hot tiger lure,,,i got a strike on every every time i put the lure in the water,, waiting for a trolling session to come my way like that day :lol: :lol: :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2011 5:32 am 
Enlightened

Congrats patrao ...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2011 9:37 am 
Fishaholic

Nice catch. Congrats.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2011 6:20 pm 
Fishaholic

Congratulation!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2011 1:45 pm 
Fishaholic

Uploaded with ImageShack.us myself with croacker fish or dokaro in konkani ,,i caught this fellow one sunday when i decided that i would only spin and not take sardine for bait fishing,my partner who is bait fishing hardcore mocked at me saying that your rubber shad will not work,and i told him even if i got got a small hit on this rubber or even a small tamoshi i would not have promblem, even if i went empty handed home,we went to our favourite spot and he rigged up first and cast his sardine after some time when i caught ready with this shad set up ,i cast same place where my friend had casted his sardine piece ,,and on first rotation of the reel handle i got a sharp hit from this bugger and in the darkness i landed this bugger up, my friend just got zapped,, looking at me with his mouth open where else i was full of joy and i think my using this rubber shad was because of inspiration from indianangler articles from you guys,, which led me to believe in lures,thanks guys,,, :-) cheers guys :lol: :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2011 2:30 pm 
Fishaholic

Hi Merwyn,

Can a clearer picture be provided of the "croacker fish or dokaro"?

What and where are these caught?

I just have a hunch.....

Kingfish

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2011 2:43 pm 
Fishaholic

kingfish wrote:
Hi Merwyn,

Can a clearer picture be provided of the "croacker fish or dokaro"?

What and where are these caught?

I just have a hunch.....

Kingfish
mostly they are caught on squid ,prawns on the beach area,, also mostly caught during moonsoon,,some guys in goa call it sea bass but i am not very sure

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2011 2:44 pm 
Fishaholic

Good show Merwyn, Keep them comming.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2011 4:34 am 
Fishaholic

Bobby,

Could you please advise if this croaker/Dokaro is the same fish as the

Mulloway/jewfish (Argyosomus Hololepidotus) that is found in Australian

waters ?

Kingfish

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2011 9:46 am 
Fishaholic

Hi Kingfish,

The fish in the Picture could very well be a small Jew Fish, however what merwin is refering to is commonly known as a "Dhoma" in Marathi and is very common fish caught on worms, I recall catching well over 100 of these guys with my brother just in front of Freddy’s (Fredfish) house, we had only one rod and they were on such a bite that my brother and I took turns, you catch one I catch one. The body structure is very similar to what you guys call Mulloway or Jewfish but they are is not the same, these fish grow to a Max size of about 2 maybe 3lbs. We do get the Mulloway in India, they go by the name "Gol", they are a much sought after fish for the table and for their swim bladders. The swim bladders go into making self-dissolving surgical thread.

We call this fish croakers in English because of the croaking sound they make when they are caught. You get the same fish in Australia (northern half), called the River Perch or Little Jewfish Fohniops Vogleri, they are not Jew Fish or Mulloway.

Bobby

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2011 1:34 pm 
Fishaholic

Bobby, the fish Merwyn has caught is to me a small Gol. You get them on bait very close to the shore during rains. The one I caught was about a 1.5 Kg. But I have seen guys catch catching 4 - 5 kg ones & stories of really big ones.. . Dhoma will lose its colour pretty soon and I assume this pic was taken sometime later after the fish was landed.

Santosh