->

INDIANANGLER

India fishing forum for all the information you require on angling, equipment, locations and trip reports.
It is currently Thu Nov 23, 2017 12:56 pm

All times are UTC+05:30

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2011 12:11 pm 

Raiders of the Golden Mahseer – The Curse of MM

After 3 ½ months of busting my hump at work.. my mind & soul wanted some peace.. and there is no better way than angling to get the same… but there was a small problem.. No Objection Certificate from the Home Ministry :oops:

So MM, Indian Gypsy and I finally came up with the plan to make this a Family Fishing Vacation (actually this was my plan but since these guys would read the post so thot wd share the glory)

We started for Nangal Dam on Thursday evening .. after a sleepless night and a lot of booze in the train we managed to reach the Gypsy Camp on Friday morning…. we saw immediate action as soon as we hit the waters .. within the 1st 5 mins I hooked up a small Mahseer and the look on the face of my Mentors was priceless :D .. we ended up catching 6 fish that day (not including 50 Chilvas)... but Trophy of the day went to IG for hooking a 4 KG Maheer which was given to me for reeling in … and if I can say so I did a Damn good job….…. So after a successful day at the office the 3 musketeers went back to camp to celebrate the occasion with a lot of booze and some amazing chicken (courtesy my good man Jeeta)… the plan was to start the next day a little early around 6.. but as expected we ended waking up at 7… so we decided to chuck the spinning and go straight for trolling .. and this is when the curse of MM began :twisted: within couple of hours MM landed in 6 fish …out of which 2 were 3 KG + and 1 was 5 KG + and the score was 6 to 0.. it was like Manchester United playing against some Indian Club… and the boat guy kept on insisting me to switch places with MM.. but me being the ass that I am.. I refused.. and within the next 5 mins MM hooked a 7 KG Fish and my heart sank.. this is when IG and I reached to a very logical conclusion that MM is into Black Magic and Voodoo coz our lines were barely 5 feet apart with same plug at the same depth but they simply didn’t bite … anyhow I did manage to land in 3 after that but nothing compared to what MM did.. this ended a very amazing angling expedition which lasted close to 14 hours over 2 days with 16 fish between the 3 of us.

Few important lessons that I learnt:
No matter how good friends you are but when the other guy is catching all the fish you feel like crying your eyes out
The happiness and joy that you experience when you catch your 1st Mahseer cannot be described
The most amazing sound in the world is when your reel goes grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
And most importantly – never underestimate the psychic powers of your boat man

On the whole it was a great experience for the whole family.. nice camp at a very picturesque location.. great fishing /good booze/nice food and loads to fishing gyan from IG

Dear IG - request you to please upload the images of our conquest

Oops and I almost forgot… both MM and IG tortured the life out of our beloved friend Sam :shock: by giving him running commentary of the events.. it was like being in those old times when there was no satellite TV and you would listen to the commentary on the radio and curse yourself for not being at the game :lol:

Next trip planned for May but that time we would try other species

All the best mates and Tight Lines
SR

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2011 12:56 pm 
Fishaholic

Needless to say, this was an amazing trip for me. I crossed the threshold of 5kg+. I was also able to catch them on spinners (Mepps #3, long cast). And can now start planning for my 20 kg one 8) .

On 2nd day, in total I was able to catch 8 Mahseers and the fight is something that we can write home about. The look on SRs face when I reeled in Mahseer after Mahseer was amazing :twisted: .

All in all, I experienced the amazing Mahseer fight and also what as an angler I wanted to experience 1st hand - hook straightening. Till date I had only heard of it and never saw/experienced one. But this time was different. Not only my mepps, rapala trebles got straightened out; but also the VMC treble got chomped (the one changed by IG to replace my poor rapala treble).

Truly amazing experience topped with IGs hospitality resulted in an amazing weekend for all of us.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2011 2:00 pm 
Fishaholic

Thanks for the write up guys.
Congrats on your first mahseer.
Big or small, a fish is a fish and am sure even the smallest of the mahseer would have given the thrill of your life.
Awaiting the pictures. Post it asap or you will be cursed.

Ravi

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2011 3:45 pm 
Fishaholic

ur sms had barely scraped the surface mm ! great show.
but where are the pics ?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2011 4:13 pm 
Fishaholic

Pics are with IG, he will be uploading them soon

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2011 4:42 pm 
Fishaholic

Sup boys,

the heat is on and as SRs' report states, we all had a fantastic weekend fishing and birding...
posting the pics and adding my 2 cents which are that we could have made 2 movies on the whole trip... hollywood blockbusters; The Color Purple starring SR and Driving Sam Crazy.... :lol: :lol:

Here are some of the pics...

MMs' 4 pounder on a firetiger

MM with his 15 pounder! Don't miss the pearly whites....

SR aka Lawrence of Bhakra with his 4 pounder... this one prevented him from bumping MM overboard...

MM with his 12 pounder...

SR with a 7 pounder

Cheers,

IG

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2011 5:43 pm 
Fishaholic

Goodjob MM...Black Magic ( did you get the eggs?! ) LOL....
damn, i couldve been there...grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2011 5:58 pm 
Fishaholic

Bobby, I will be there in May as well. In case you dont go now, we can go then.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2011 5:59 pm 
Fishaholic

definitely, we're on for may!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2011 10:44 am 
Fishaholic

Nice writeup and great catches. Thanks for sharing.

Post subject: More pics
PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2011 10:55 am 
Fishaholic

Hi Guys, here are some more pics of the awesome trip:

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2011 11:06 am 
Fishaholic

Great going Guys... Nice write up ..

Tight Lines & Good Fishing,
GRC

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2011 3:07 pm 
Fishaholic

Fantastic report and nice wirteup, Congratularion to team...

Thanks for sharing :P

Regards
Arish!