->

INDIANANGLER

India fishing forum for all the information you require on angling, equipment, locations and trip reports.
It is currently Mon Sep 25, 2017 1:20 pm

All times are UTC+05:30

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2012 11:00 am 
Fishaholic

Looks like you guys are having a Blast.. Congratulations.. Go on hooking, ocassionaly even a boat or a drift wood is fun.. :P

Regards,

Ali.

Post subject: hi...
PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2012 11:46 am 
Fishaholic

shyamnambiar wrote:
Some day.... kahin door jab din dhal jaaye... shyam.. bada machchi pakdegaa :)
:)
S

Dur kahin mujhe bhi aasha ki kiran najar aa rahi hai :) Go fishing mate. more often you go better are the chances.

DeZZ

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2012 11:47 am 
Fishaholic

angler_ali wrote:
Looks like you guys are having a Blast.. Congratulations.. Go on hooking, ocassionaly even a boat or a drift wood is fun.. :P

Regards,

Ali.

More fun when you have the whole of the breakwaters laughing at you :) Couldn't ask for a better way to introduce hey!!

Post subject: Goldlined Sea Bream...
PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2012 12:49 pm 
Fishaholic

Well this was one ignorant things I managed.

This weekend I was supposed to be joined by Ashish (Rajat Dada's Friend). I spoke to him on THU evening and took down his number from Keyur. We decided to meet @ 0400 hrs. As expected I woke up to a dirty quacking sounds of my alarm and first thing I had to do was to wake Ashish. Did not have a slightest clue that I had stored a wrong number and ended calling a lady who was way too sleepy and I bothered her calling up at 0400 hrs. I could hear a "Huuulloooo" quite a feeble one I should say and I insisted that I have spoken to him on the phone earlier evening. And all she said was that "I was bothering her" and that was prominent . I sure was. I had no option but to drive to the place where I was supposed to meet Ashish. Reach there and tried searching for him but no go. The cops were looking at me in suspicion. I drove by and came back again and tried calling the same number. This time it was LOUD and CLEAR, "EXCUSE ME! ITS 0430 AND YOU ARE REALLY BOTHERING ME", me: "Hmm I Thought So. Sorry about that.. But!!!" Bleep Bleep Bleep. Call Dropped. With no option left I drove away hoping Ashish would excuse my stupidity.

Well there was I @ 0500 hrs with 3 rods all setup and the water levels high as expected, no ways I could cast my bait to the desired spot. Could not even go past the fencing as the water was more than waist height. Did not want to get drenched. Looked around and found there was a opening in the fencing and I really had to struggle to get in from there. Could not get much further. Did cast a mile but not in the desired place. Had to crawl back from the same place like a DOG who escapes from beneath the fence. Now it was all about the wait and watch. Was having a chat with 2 Jordanian guys who were bent in trying to know how I can cast that far and then started a series of educating lectures. "We anglers sure know how much to talk. We call ourselves novice in the first year and the second year we are preachers." Yes! I am one of them :) During our conversation I had a small bite, unlike the once that I get otherwise. Pulled out the rod off the holder and a small strike and the fish was secured no much movement, looked like a plastic bag to me but it was swimming, there was on one these Jordanians who had trespassed and was on the other side and the first one to witness my catch and to his surprise it was a hamour (grouper). My instant reaction was WHAT!! looks like he suffered a cardiac arrest once hooked as it wasn't moving. As the fish neared. It was a lovely Bartail Flathead. I was beaching the fish across the fence and there was this chap who somehow decided by himself that I would not want this fish cause he thought it was no edible as per him because of its ugly looks. Guess what he took the fish off the hooks and released it :shock: WHAT!!! THE #$@#$@#$ What was that?? I asked him "Catch n Release"??? But than there was not point in having a confrontation and he ended up apologizing and me saw the fish smiling way swimming back to safety :)

I got my bait ready and for sure I was bent on to get my cast as far as I could, with 20 bls line and a 40 lbs leader I was skeptical to use a heavy lead. But than what the heck if I lose I lose and if not I get my bait where I wanted. Yup 4 oz of heavy bank sinker of a fish finder rig. With all my might the cast was more than expected and I could here a "Masha Allah!, What a cast". A seconds later, bite and a tug and a strike!!! Hooks Set!! Not mush of a fight but a couple good runs I guess the lead was heavier to carry :o I got the fish on the beach and told the gentleman that this was not a CnR :) He handled the fish well and help me keep my catch in his keeping net. So much for the lost fish :) It was one kind of fish I never caught, it was a Goldlined Sea Bream. As it was getting hot, I managed a few casts but bait lost most of the times as I was busy offering tutors and tying bait for them. Called it a Day @ 0730 hrs. Hopefully next trip will have Ashish with me, else that lady would do just fine :)

The fish weighed 1.56 KG on the scale.

Cheers - DeZZ

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2012 11:12 am 
Fishaholic

Thats a good one. Congrats.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2012 10:46 am 
Fishaholic

Congrats.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2012 11:43 am 
Fishaholic

dezz that a good one mate !

congrats

cheers
samit :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2012 10:33 am 
Fishaholic

Congratulations Dezz...
Keep them coming :)

Saiki

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2012 10:46 pm 
Fishaholic

Thanks Mario, Apoo, Samit and Saiki.

i did go his weekend and landed one spangled emperor and a flathead. Water was warmer and no bites instead of the low tide. That calls for end of season i guess. Pics were clicked by Ashish and will be uploaded soon.

Cheers - DeZZ