->

INDIANANGLER

India fishing forum for all the information you require on angling, equipment, locations and trip reports.
It is currently Wed Dec 13, 2017 2:46 pm

All times are UTC+05:30

Post subject: Nani daman beach
PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2011 9:10 pm 
Fishaholic

Hi guys,

went to nani daman beach with my family and clicked some photographs to ask whether this place is suitable for shore fishing or not........i don't know anything about shore fishing (no experience).

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

please post your comments

regards
Manish

Post subject: Hi,
PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2011 7:00 pm 
Enlightened

How are you, I am New to IA but i have visited many time to daman. The pic you are showing uploaded, you have taken those during high tide. As i understand that there i lot of rocks on the shore of daman. That the reason the sand is like a small pebbles. Check out with some pro here on IA wether its correct time to fish on high tide in daman.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2011 7:06 pm 
Fishaholic

After seeing the color of the sand, one is bound to write off this place but as Sagar pointed out, the coarse sand is an indication of some reef near by. Would be great if you can locate and cast near those reefs.

Regards,

Ali.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2011 10:12 pm 
Fishaholic

Look out for sightings or traces on the beach. Like the corals, dead fish, crabs, etc. Look out for birds feeding around. There is no harm in trying dead bait you might hook in some odd fish for sure.

Let us know the results.

Cheers - DeZZ

Post subject: Nani Daman beach
PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2011 12:40 pm 

I spend a lot of time in Daman so brought my beach, lure and carp gear with me from UK. The beach is shallow and dirty even at high water you need to cast a long way so unless you can pendulum cast over 150 yards forget it, even then the fishing is poor scratching out tiddlers. Shore crabs soon rob bait and hooks when I have tried close in tactics.
Low water uncovers a few spits either side of the estuaries which give you deeper water but you have to fish low water and fish on the retreat as the tide comes in. Becareful if you try this as in places the tide flows in behind you and can cut you off. I have tried all areas around Nani and Moti Daman with no great sucess, the estuary mouths fishing the best to prawn baits but again only small fish.