->

INDIANANGLER

India fishing forum for all the information you require on angling, equipment, locations and trip reports.
It is currently Fri Sep 22, 2017 8:11 am

All times are UTC+05:30

PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2011 10:31 am 

I've never been angling for mahseer but am raring to go based on some of the posts here. Looking for words of advice/guidance from you veterens here

1) Planning to head out for about a week in April. Is it a good time?
2) Trying to decide between the area around Corbett or Pancheswar (Kali/Saryu confluence). Would want to go someplace that is productive and where people are not standing shoulder to shoulder. Plz share your experience in either place.
3) Any pointers on operators that can set something up or organize a trip for me? Plz PM me any contacts you would recommend.

Many thanks,
- Rajesh

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2011 7:27 am 
Fishaholic

Hi Rajesh,

I was on the Ramganga in Oct, 2010. This place is more accessible but I understand Pancheshwar will have much bigger Mahseer.

On the Ramganga you would fishing beat no.1 & 2. I fished the beat # 2. For decent fishing I would prefer 2 full days on the river minimum. Also, plugs & jointed plugs seemed to work on the Ramganga and not spinners/spoons.

Hope this helps. :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2011 9:16 am 

Hi Ashok,
Thanks for the information. Since I've never done this before, I'm counting on help from folks like you. Every little bit helps. Thanks much!

- Rajesh

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2011 11:53 am 
Fishaholic

Hi Rajesh,

A few things to keep in mind...

1) Pancheshwar is an expedition if you want some good action, but I would not suggest it for a first timer... serious stuff here in terms of angling and logistics...

2) Corbett is a better bet for you, but it does get cost prohibitive.... angling Permits are Rs. 2500/- per angler, per beat, per day!!! Therefore it does not make sense... as far as ohter places are concerned, the only option left is the Ganges above Rishikesh. You can get a permit from the DFO in Rishikesh. The rest of the waters in Uttrakhand have been completely bombed out and are a waste of time...

Hope you catch a big one... Tight lines...

IG

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2011 5:57 pm 
Fishaholic

Rajesh...have you tried Bhakra? Its an amazing place for Mahseer angling - excellent opportunity to experience Mahseer, easy to reach, economic, scenic etc... :D And the mahseer season has started for this place.
I would not recommend Corbett...too much cost...I have no idea about Pancheshwar; seniors can guide you about that.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2011 9:24 am 

are you guys serious about the permit at corbett? Rs. 2500 a day. that's ridiculous.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2011 9:26 am 
Fishaholic

Hit Bhakra dude.

It will show you some good action and help you hone your skills.

Also this is a place where the options are endless. Apart from mahseer you can spin for chilwa (loads of fun) and sink a line with bait and wait for rahu, catla, catfish and a lot more to pick a fight with you.