[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 571: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 627: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 1075: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3925)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 1075: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3925)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 494: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 494: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 113: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 113: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5336: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3925)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5336: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3925)
The Essence of Being There - INDIANANGLER ->

INDIANANGLER

India fishing forum for all the information you require on angling, equipment, locations and trip reports.
It is currently Tue Sep 29, 2020 12:27 pm

All times are UTC+05:30

PostPosted: Fri Nov 26, 2010 10:42 am 
Fishaholic

Last edited by Bobby on Sun Nov 28, 2010 6:58 pm, edited 16 times in total.

Post subject: Just Fantastic
PostPosted: Fri Nov 26, 2010 12:36 pm 
Enlightened

Post subject: Re
PostPosted: Fri Nov 26, 2010 12:42 pm 
Fishaholic

Congrats bobby on your Masheer.
Thats one wonder full write up. It was fun and exciting reading the write up reminds me of reading one off Jim Corbetts ordels with the masheer.
Thanks for sharing the Pics. [smilie=coolup.gif] [smilie=coolup.gif] [smilie=coolup.gif]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 26, 2010 1:12 pm 
Fishaholic

Hey! Fantastic write up mate. Made me go right back and relive the two days.

I looked up a good bird book and found out that was a Palla's Fishing Eagle.

The White stripe on the tail was a clear give away.

Thanks for all the compliments Bobby. Honestly it was a pleasure making this trip with you and Dillon. Alya still has not stopped talking about him and she's still giggling.

Poonam and I have to really thank you for looking after her and being so patient.

We are all looking forward to March/April. Then we'll get the big ones... Hopefully.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 26, 2010 3:34 pm 
Fishaholic

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 26, 2010 3:52 pm 
Fishaholic

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 26, 2010 5:42 pm 
Fishaholic

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 26, 2010 9:36 pm 
Fishaholic

Quality post! Great to read Bobby, any fishing trip can't be anything but special [smilie=gt-happyup.gif]

Regards,
Mighty Marlin.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 27, 2010 7:49 pm 
Fishaholic

Great write-up, Bob. Was a pleasure reading and checking the pics ... And from experience, it is always special to fish with the Augustine family... Even though, the lil one always catches more than the so-called experience anglers :lol: :lol:

Tight Lines,
GRC

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 27, 2010 7:59 pm 
Fishaholic

Nice fish Bobby, Thanks for sharing your Experience

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 27, 2010 11:38 pm 
Enlightened

Amazin.I just love the way you have put this trip in words here for us....

Some really nice pics... Yeh if ken takes me on a trip with him... I too would love to write a few stories...

@ ken I have not yet caught any good looking fish...
And if we talk about size .... I have caught some crazy ugly sea snakes..
Long but not good... When do we go for an amazing short trip..???

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 28, 2010 9:16 am 
Fishaholic

Thanks Guys,

I am glad some of you actually read this long post and enjoyed it. In over 30 years of angling this was my first proper freshwater trip so you can understand my excitement, it was an epic for me so I had to document it properly and tried to paint a picture of what I saw, experienced and how I felt and the hours past.

It was a trip I enjoyed immensely, thanks to Kenneth. I would have been fantastic to catch a good sized Mahseer but the fact that we did not was really inconsequential. Honestly I really wanted Dillon to catch one more than me.

Kenneth, Alya was awesome, you took care of her 95% of the time anyway, having her around was a real treat.

Hawkeye, I was surprized as well when I uploaded the pictures from the phone to the PC, Dillon is a pretty good photographer some of the pictures he has taken with his camera are really good, but I did not expect pictures like this from his phone. His camera got busted when he when down to Tioman on a scuba diving trip last month. My camera fell into seawater a couple of months ago and if forgot to take my daughters camera when we left.

Gavin, you did come up in the discussion on the trip as to why you left Delhi, we conculded it had something to do with a bar of chocolate in Cal :badgrin: :badgrin: :badgrin:

Can some one tell me that fish we call "Patthar Chatti" is there a another local/indian name for this fish? I was reading up and found out that "Patthar Chatti" is also andother name for Kalbanse in certain parts of North India like Kumaon.

Patthar Chatta on the other hand Glyptothorax annandalei is a small kind of catfish.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 28, 2010 1:31 pm 
Fishaholic

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 28, 2010 6:00 pm 
Fishaholic

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2010 5:51 am 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2010 11:30 am 
Fishaholic

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2010 1:40 pm 
Fishaholic

Nice Report Bobby. Like MM said quality stuff. I agree, a trip to that place is spiritual indeed!!

Jeen

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2010 2:40 pm 
Fishaholic

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2010 3:54 pm 
Fishaholic

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2010 9:51 pm 
Fishaholic

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2010 10:33 pm 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2010 12:11 am 
Fishaholic

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2010 8:37 am 
Fishaholic

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2010 9:32 am 
Fishaholic

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2010 10:11 am 
Fishaholic

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2010 1:40 pm 
Fishaholic

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2010 8:28 pm 
Fishaholic

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2010 8:57 pm 
Fishaholic

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2010 2:59 am 
Fishaholic

Nice report, nice pics and nice tackle

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2010 8:40 am 
Fishaholic

Thanks again.

You are right Ali, words can only paint a fragment of what it was actually being there and living it. Can't wait for the next trip, it promises to be even more remote and enchanting.

Gavin, now that the son is old enough and more importantly his mother feels he safely can travel with me without her supervision, I intend to hit a few spots around India when I can make the time and experience what is like being there as well. Cochin, The Andamans, Lakshadweep, Kashmir (if I can), Cal - Bengal, Gujarat and now Mangalore, thanks to Ravi’s post and off course fishing the Konkan. The thing is getting the son off from school. I want to show my children what our country has to offer by way of some really diverse fishing among other things.

I should also get my paperwork cleared this month so I can start my deep-sea fishing adventures around India again. So as far as fishing goes things are begining to look rozy again. Fingers crossed.

Regards,

Bobby

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2010 1:04 pm 
Fishaholic

superb report bobby fab pictures too congrats to you all cheers [smilie=coolup.gif] [smilie=coolup.gif] [smilie=coolup.gif]

Last edited by rajatmukherje on Wed Dec 01, 2010 11:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2010 9:25 pm 
Fishaholic

Bobster - you and your family are most welcome here anytime...

GRC

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2010 11:46 pm 
Fishaholic

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2010 8:19 am 
Fishaholic

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2010 9:25 am 
Fishaholic

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2010 9:46 am 
Fishaholic

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2010 10:35 am 
Fishaholic

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2010 1:29 pm 
Fishaholic

Post subject: wonderful trip
PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2010 6:58 am 
Enlightened

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2010 9:05 am 
Fishaholic

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2010 11:01 am 
Fishaholic

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2010 12:39 pm 
Fishaholic

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 04, 2010 11:44 am 
Fishaholic

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 05, 2010 6:23 pm 
Fishaholic

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 10, 2010 12:09 pm 
Fishaholic

Ah.. nice read Bobby. Its something to do with that area of Rishikesh and Uttranchal and you had great company with you.

Keep on doin it..

-Inder

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2011 7:15 pm 
Fishaholic

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2011 9:42 pm 
Fishaholic

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2011 10:28 pm 
Fishaholic

Post subject: