->

INDIANANGLER

India fishing forum for all the information you require on angling, equipment, locations and trip reports.
It is currently Sun Nov 19, 2017 4:09 pm

All times are UTC+05:30

Post subject: Tilyar Lake Rohtak
PostPosted: Sun Nov 07, 2010 6:58 pm 
Enlightened

About an hour in the car from Delhi was Fauji Ka Dhabba....
Yummy Parathas ( Pyaaz & Paneer ) + Hot tea....

15 mins further down the road was Tilyar Lake.... at the recption Rs 400 given for two Rods..... Should have guessed what was there in the lake as the old dude had to check a few files and make a few calls to confirm as to how much we had to pay for each rod...

A few steps towards the lake and I felt a pull and someone was pulling my bag which had the chicken liver + Aata + maida + corn for the bait...
I turned around and saw a big monkey who was hanging to the bag.

The first look at the lake ---- Greeeeeeeeeeeeeeeen greeeeeen and dirty.
Cola bottles + polybags and what not was floating...

10 mins of walking and we were at the second bridge of the lake...
and The water was as still as ice... but I still wanted to try once and I began to set the rod... suddenly I realised a crowd of 12-15 ppl around me... after about an hour of catching notthin but a lot of attention from the crowd we packed our stuff, dropped it in the car and walked into the bar... a few chilled beers and cricket on TV...

I loved the parathas and the beer and the excitement that I had on the way to Tilyar.... but what was sad is that there was not even a frog in the lake....

Guys I need help... Pls let me know of some places where I can drive down and do a day trip... upto 100 KM from delhi.?????

cheers

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 07, 2010 8:54 pm 
Fishaholic

Hey dude, guess you got tilyar in its awe-inspiring beauty :lol: :lol: .. This isn't the place for serious fishing but for having fun catching 2-3lb carp and if you are really REEEEAAAAAAAALLLLLLLLYYYYYYY lucky then you might catch something bigger.. Did fish there a couple of times when I was at Delhi and caught a few.. The monkeys do move on after some time when you don't give them much importance (and am not talking about the 4-legged buggers :lol: ) keep a low profile and you will have less of a crowd around you...
A good place to fish is the bank that you first walk upon from the restaurant side and facing the island. Another good spot is across the bridge and down towards the right.. I have seen a Bong having about 15 fish in his bag once..
Hope you have a better outing next time..

Tight Lines,
GRC

Post subject: Ha ha ha ha
PostPosted: Sun Nov 07, 2010 9:44 pm 
Enlightened

Sir I am sure people got fish there..
But this morning I did not even see a frog in that dirty green lake..
I spoke to the bar man too..
He said he had not seen any fish in the lake for some months..
They plan to clean the lake soon....
I guess it might be a diff place then...
Can you tell about any other place around Delhi ???

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2010 4:45 pm 
Fishaholic

Wazirabad...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2010 8:44 pm 
Fishaholic

Have never seen a frog there either mate :lol: :lol: But doesn't surprise me considering the bird life there..
Am not sure about places in Delhi but there are places outside Delhi.. Give the Dilliwallas a buzz and if you are a good boy they might take you along on one of their trips :wink: :wink:

Tight Lines,
GRC

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2010 11:45 am 
Fishaholic

Fish is there...they just dont love us :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2010 7:37 pm 
Fishaholic

MM wrote:
and there were no frogs coz the Murrels were feasting on them.

About the monkeys: I should tell you about this instance. I was in Kanheri Caves in Mumbai with my then GF(now my wife) and was carefully studying the caves munching on a dairy milk chocolate. as we walked out of the cave I something as close as 12 inches staring at me right into my eyes. I saw its canine teeth and blood red eyes. My GF was walking barely a few meters away from me and she did not notice this. That bloody ape mate me shit my pants and I trembling like a dry leaf. I HAVE SEEN A MONKEY AS CLOSE AS 12 INCHES FROM ME WAS HOLDING ONTO MY SHIRT SNATCHING THE CHOCOLATE FROM ME IT ALL HAPPENED IN A FLASH OF A SECOND. My life had frozen for those seconds. That was the last I even bothered to think of that place. Ferocious god damn ancestors :x

DeZZ

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2010 9:18 pm 
Fishaholic

Quote:
Fish is there...they just dont love us

Try this the next time.. cast your bait out. Leave your drag loose and then go for a walk.. 7 times out of 10, you will get a pull :twisted: :twisted:

Quote:
I was in Kanheri Caves in Mumbai with my then GF(now my wife) and was carefully studying the caves munching on a dairy milk chocolate.

Seriously mate :shock: :shock: You were in a cave .. with your lady.... and you were eating a CHOCOLATE [smilie=shifty.gif] [smilie=shifty.gif]

But I agree, them monkeys are a wicked lot... Have had a run in with them at the Cavery.. Long story :lol: :lol:

Tight Lines,
GRC

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2010 10:02 pm 
Enlightened

Yeh the monkey was scarey....
brave me for I pulled my bag back...

as for the fish.... I an bet my life on the fact that there were none...

Today someone told me there was a cannal right behind the lake where people were fishing...

I was soo very disappointed that I did not check the nearby areas..
I would go there again sometime to check.

@ MM where in wazirabad is this spot?????
I mean how to reach that place and what bait and where to get the permit???

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2010 10:33 pm 
Fishaholic

teritex wrote:
MM wrote:
and there were no frogs coz the Murrels were feasting on them.

About the monkeys: I should tell you about this instance. I was in Kanheri Caves in Mumbai with my then GF(now my wife) and was carefully studying the caves munching on a dairy milk chocolate. as we walked out of the cave I something as close as 12 inches staring at me right into my eyes. I saw its canine teeth and blood red eyes. My GF was walking barely a few meters away from me and she did not notice this. That bloody ape made me shit my pants and I trembling like a dry leaf. I HAVE SEEN A MONKEY AS CLOSE AS 12 INCHES FROM ME WAS HOLDING ONTO MY SHIRT SNATCHING THE CHOCOLATE FROM ME IT ALL HAPPENED IN A FLASH OF A SECOND. My life had frozen for those seconds. That was the last I even bothered to think of that place. Ferocious god damn ancestors :x
DeZZ

he he he he ho ho ho ho ha ha ha ha :badgrin: :p

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2010 3:24 am 
Fishaholic

GRC,

I had a run in with the monkeys at Bhimeeshwari - the alpha male
sauntered into our room (we had just arrived at the lodge and left
the door open unwittingly), hissed at me when I tried to shoo him off,
went striaght to the cupboard and took the large bunch of bananas we
had bought on our way from Bangalore.

He then cheekily sat outside our verandah and ate them one by one.

I had, in my childhood days at our village, learnt to make a slingshot
out of a piece of string.

I wasted no time making one and it was then a constant war between the monkey pack on the one side and myself and my son on the other.

They learnt to keep their distance from us.

I still have the slingshot in my tackle box!!

Kingfish

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2010 1:59 pm 
Fishaholic

Yes there is a canal at the back, but the water flow was too fast and muddy for a novice like me.
Wazirabad - See PM :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2010 6:49 pm 
Fishaholic

Gavin Ridge Cooke wrote:
Seriously mate :shock: :shock: You were in a cave .. with your lady.... and you were eating a CHOCOLATE [smilie=shifty.gif] [smilie=shifty.gif]

GRC

GRC: Yes it was a cave and I am not a sage. By the way the caves are not too comfortable to get intimate :) Moreover you would not want spectators staring at you when you are lip-locked :)

DeZZ

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2010 7:17 pm 
Fishaholic

Quote:
I wasted no time making one and it was then a constant war between the monkey pack on the one side and myself and my son on the other.

Had the same experience with a troop of the bloody food-snatchers while I was on the Cauvery myself.. Had the catty with me 24x7 :lol: :lol:

Quote:
By the way the caves are not too comfortable to get intimate :) Moreover you would not want spectators staring at you when you are lip-locked :)

Excuses, Excuses :roll: :roll:

Tight Lines,
GRC

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2010 8:21 am 
Fishaholic

Well DeZZ I hope you have stopped eating chocolate....and have moved on to more important things in life.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2010 1:26 pm 
Fishaholic

teritex wrote:
About the monkeys: I should tell you about this instance. I was in Kanheri Caves in Mumbai with my then GF(now my wife) and was carefully studying the caves munching on a dairy milk chocolate. as we walked out of the cave I something as close as 12 inches staring at me right into my eyes. I saw its canine teeth and blood red eyes. My GF was walking barely a few meters away from me and she did not notice this. That bloody ape made me shit my pants and I trembling like a dry leaf. I HAVE SEEN A MONKEY AS CLOSE AS 12 INCHES FROM ME WAS HOLDING ONTO MY SHIRT SNATCHING THE CHOCOLATE FROM ME IT ALL HAPPENED IN A FLASH OF A SECOND. My life had frozen for those seconds. That was the last I even bothered to think of that place. Ferocious god damn ancestors :x
DeZZ

@ Dezz .. maybe the monkey was habituated to watching couples get intimate in the Cave and there you were wasting his time by munching a chocolate instead, so he took away the chocolate angrily :lol: :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2010 5:44 pm 
Fishaholic

lionheart wrote:
@ Dezz .. maybe the monkey was habituated to watching couples get intimate in the Cave and there you were wasting his time by munching a chocolate instead, so he took away the chocolate angrily :lol: :lol:

ha ha ha ROFL :lol: Actually I did try reluctantly but then the chocolate munching sounded better than getting busted :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2010 5:45 pm 
Fishaholic

Bobby wrote:
Well DeZZ I hope you have stopped eating chocolate....and have moved on to more important things in life.

Indeed Bobby. A decade has passed by unknowingly :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 12, 2010 2:36 pm 

Tilyar is the worst place to go considering the condition of the lake and a lot unwanted attention you get from the locals... See MM's comments we also went there close to 6 months back... that place sucks... I would rather buy an aquarium and fish in that than going to Tilyar...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 12, 2010 10:16 pm 
Fishaholic

it is still miles ahead of the other cess pools in and around Delhi... But i have enjoyed fishing there. Twas an experience..

Tight Lines,
GRC