->

INDIANANGLER

India fishing forum for all the information you require on angling, equipment, locations and trip reports.
It is currently Tue Sep 19, 2017 8:39 pm

All times are UTC+05:30

PostPosted: Sun Nov 07, 2010 10:11 am 

Hi Friends,

I have been member of this forum for long number of years and do follow the progress and the posts regularly but unfortunately could not post anything as have been caught up with what I do for a living :-) . You all are very interesting writers and hard core anglers. I love this sport too and have been at it for the past about 35 years, thanks to my DAD.

I used to fish a lot on Ravi for Mahseer and the fishing was indeed very rewarding and did catch a lots of Mahseer at Madohpur reservoir (strictly catch and release). This was all before the Ranjit Sagar Dam was constructed.

There is lots said and written about Ramganga, Sarayu, Mahakali and I have been lucky to have experienced these rivers too. BUT I still feel Ravi still hold lots of promise. Have any of you lovely anglers from Pathankot or vacinity been fishing on Ravi lately. Please do advice your experiences from there areas.

Is there any action on the Ranjit Sagar Dam or even north of that as I cannot believe that Mahseer have depleted from river Ravi. I do understand the impact the Ranjit Sagar Dam has had down stream but upstream should still be good.

Also, any latest on Pong Dam......

Looking forward to your responses.

Thanks & tight lines
Sawan

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 07, 2010 12:25 pm 
Fishaholic

Pong is dead... unfortunately... locals are using a seive to catch fish... better to go to Bhakra....

PM me for details....

Cheers,