->

INDIANANGLER

India fishing forum for all the information you require on angling, equipment, locations and trip reports.
It is currently Fri Nov 24, 2017 9:46 pm

All times are UTC+05:30

PostPosted: Sun Aug 29, 2010 7:07 pm 

I have been doing some research on fishing locations in and around Bangalore and have been to a couple, but on the whole I have not got any till now.

I fished at Begur Lake sometime back with my bro in lawnand did manage to catch 2 good sized catfish. But Just as we reeled in the second, a person came near us and told us that the lake was under contract and the contractor creates problems. I was not able to get any contact info of this person. The lake is pretty decent but not safe to fish around, so have not gone there the second time.

Went to Manchinbele next. 50Kms good drive from Bangalore, but BIIIG Dissapointment. The Dam is closed. There were policemen who were not allowing anyone to go near the water.. They said that there were robberies and murders in that place because of which they were not allowing anyone to go near the water. in fact while going to that place you will find groups of young guys asking for money, they will stop u on the road and ask for money, even stand in the middle of the road to make u stop and then won't let u go till u pay up. I just drove straight without stopping, the guy standing in the middle of the road just moved out of the way as he saw that i am not stopping.

Went to the next one called Magadi Dam about 12Km from Manchinbele, again dissapointed. there is not way to get near the water as every road is closed.

Can anyone please suggest me some really good and clean places where one can go, relax and fish?? i am looking for some good river points also, where one can go and fish safely in and around Bangalore.

Thanks.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2010 5:01 pm 
Fishaholic

Hi Dev,

You are right ,

On my first trip : -
even I tried my luck at Begur lake sometimes back.
Caught big sized Rohu ( 3Kg) and many Tilapia each almost 600 - 700 gms.But no one objected me there .

On my second trip : -
But as you said it is under contract they wont allow you do fishing there . I somehow got the contact of person who owns the contract.
He allowed me doing it but said that he is not going to do that on regular basis. Also he warned me about the guys near the dam saying they are really notorious , and could snacth ur tackle.
so I did not visit the lake again.

Machinbele I have been twice but no one objected me.
I tried float fishing with Atta paste as bait and managed to get Big fish.
locals you can manage to give 10 or 20.But I felt these place not as happening as Begur.

***** Please let me also know any place you come accross near bangalore and we can plan a trip *******

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2010 9:23 am 
Site Admin

http://www.indianangler.com/viewtopic.php?t=2234

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2010 6:59 pm 
Fishaholic

Never knew that manchenbele had become such a dangerous area.
/S/