->

INDIANANGLER

India fishing forum for all the information you require on angling, equipment, locations and trip reports.
It is currently Sat Nov 18, 2017 2:30 am

All times are UTC+05:30

PostPosted: Wed Aug 04, 2010 1:36 am 

Hi Everyone,

I have been a member here for quite some time. I am more of a lurker than a poster though as I don't often get to go back to india and do much fishing there .

I wanted to check how some of the area's are fishing at the moment as I am comming back again on August 16th.

I am staying in asagao and hope to fish the chapora, a little further down from the pier on the rocks by the fort.

I also will be going to fish by fort aguada (parking up by the prison and then walking down the clilffs to fish of the rocks there.

There are some killer rocks Just before the Arambol sweet water lake and I was thinking about fishing there

A friend of mine also has a little boat and I was thinking about asking him to take me around the backwaters and mangroves.

If anyone has fished in these locations recently can you let me know how they are doing, also if I have missed any good location out please let me know.

I am thinking about taking mostly spinning gear and lures, will the rains have been finished or should I bring a rod for bait as well.

If anyone is going to be in goa then drop me a line and we can meet up and go fishing.

Tight lines
DNME18

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 15, 2010 2:20 pm 

hi all,

I arrived in Bombay this morning (at last!!!) no fishing for me yet as I will be spending a couple of days visiting family.

I fly to Goa on Tuesday Morning and have planned my fist fishing trip for high tide on Tuesday afternoon. I am fishing a mark on the chapora where a little side river empties out into the main body of the chapora, (from all the reading I have done and some advice from Mahseerken I think this spot will be quite productive).

I thought I would use this thread to keep a running open diary of all the fishing I do when I am in goa, and add picture of the locations and any fish caught.

I would still like to meet any anglers in goa who would be interested in some spinning. Contact me and we can arrange something.

Tight lines everyone.
DNME18

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2010 11:33 am 
Fishaholic

There are a few anglers from Goa. Send them pm and they might be able to join you. All the best.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2010 7:40 pm 
Fishaholic

apoo wrote:
There are a few anglers from Goa. Send them pm and they might be able to join you. All the best.
:shock:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2010 12:02 am 
Fishaholic

hey merwen,

How is the weather condition in Goa now...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2010 12:13 pm 
Fishaholic

ok soso
got three 2 kg fish last time not much

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 21, 2010 6:55 pm 

Hi Everyone,

Been fishing quite a bit since I got here, nothing to incredible to report:

a 7kg conger eel taken from the chapora jetty with sardines and something else grabbed a dead bait at chapora but I was not able to stop this fish and it ended up bending my hook and escaping.

Will try and update with a more detailed post at some point but the internet is a bit unreliable.

Take care
DNME18

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 21, 2010 10:55 pm 

hey guys had a bit more time to reply now so I thought I would give you some moer details.

I got here last tuesday and went home got changed and grabbed my rods and headed out to the chapora river. I fished a spot where the siolim river meets the chapora, I tried a variety of lures to with no success. I fishied from high tide for aorund 2 hours with a selection of lures, both soft plastic and shallow diving minnows.

The next morning, I fishied the chapora jetty with my lures again. Once more I drew a blank.

I got a bit frustrated and then decided to do what I know best and I went to colvali and fished under the bridge with some sardines, I caught 2 catfish of average sizes.

I was back again at the chapora jetty last night and fished from around 9:30 till 11:00 pm with sardines. The fish were going crazy on my second cast I caught the conger it was an absolute beast and was a decent fight.

I had 2 more bites after this and both times after stricking, I was relling the fish in and they shook the hook out both times. I wanted to scream I was so frustrated!!!!!

I then hooked into something big, I have no idea what it was as I was unable to gain any line on this fish and it just went where it wanted to go. I was playing htis fish for around 10 minutes before it managed to straighten out my hook and got away.

I will be fishing tomrrow morning at fort aguda and tomorrow evening I am going back to chapora jetty.

I am hoping to go to vurengala on monday and try some fishing there, I have never fishied there so if anyone can recommend any locations I would apprecitae it.

Take care and tight line
DNME18

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2010 12:23 am 
Fishaholic

Hi DNME 18, Congrats on the catches
All the best for tomorow, Post some pics soon
Cheers

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2010 8:20 am 

HI mayursud,

I do have some pictures of the catfish (which were taken home for dinner) which I will try and post at some point.

I didn't get any pictures of the conger eel as it was released straight away and I hadnt bought my camera with me (truthfully when I went to the jetty that night I wasn't expecting to catch anything so I hadn't brought my camera with me.)

I will post the pictures when I can.

Take care and tight lines.

DNME18

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2010 8:34 am 
Fishaholic

Best of luck buddy

Post subject: hi
PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2010 12:32 pm 
Fishaholic

nice fishing buddy,were the catfish good ,,,,try for bream in chapoera,,
good luck
merwyn

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2010 12:51 am 

hey everyone,

I fished the chapora jetty from 8:30 to 10:30 this evening on an incomming tide.

nothing to report as it was pretty quiet.

merwyntiger I didn't see you down on the jetty, hopefully we can meet up at some point.

I will hopefully be going to vengurla tomorrow, but if not there I am thinking about going to arambol or terekol.

Will let you know what happens.

tight lines
DNME18

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2010 3:14 pm 
Fishaholic

Well...all we can do it try...Best of luck for your next try...post the pics pls....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2010 8:36 pm 
Fishaholic

sorry dear i reached till vagator and on the way i meet my old pal who kept talking till ten pm,,after that i gave up on u and headed home,,i aslo busy for next two days ,,,i tried calling u up but u were out of range will something in next two days ,,,

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2010 9:46 pm 
Fishaholic

any good news

Post subject: hi di
PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2010 10:51 pm 

waited for ur call & decided to venture on own , did open my account caught couple of small rock fish , here r the picture if notice me say hi cheeers .

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2010 8:27 pm 
Fishaholic

where r u wayne ,,secret spots hah :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2010 8:32 pm 
Fishaholic

got a holiday on saturday