->

INDIANANGLER

India fishing forum for all the information you require on angling, equipment, locations and trip reports.
It is currently Wed Sep 20, 2017 5:50 am

All times are UTC+05:30




Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 25 posts ] 
Author Message
PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2010 2:55 pm 
Offline
Fishaholic
User avatar

Joined: Thu Feb 14, 2008 11:30 am
Posts: 206
Location: Pakistan
Location: Naran (Pakistan)
Duration: 21 to 24th July 2010
We, 4 guyz went to a very beautiful place in North side of Pakistan called Naran. The objective was trout in River Kunhar.
Left Islamabad at 7:00AM, It was an 8 hour drive in high mountains, but we enjoyed every Km of it. Reached Naran at 3:00PM, It was raining at that time so we decided to camp there instead of going further. The rain stopped on 23rd and we decided to hire a guide and then go further. The guide took us few very good places and we managed to hook 14 trout in total 3 hours of fishing.

Spinners: Mepps, Worden's, Jakes
Flies: Beaded Hare ear nymph


Image

Uploaded with ImageShack.us


Image

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Image

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Image

Uploaded with ImageShack.us


Image


Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Image

Image

Ammar (Photography by him and his first trout)
Image


Last edited by mobeensiddiqi on Fri Jul 30, 2010 3:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Top
   
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2010 2:58 pm 
Offline
Fishaholic
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jul 03, 2010 5:34 pm
Posts: 258
Location: Mumbai
Good catch.

Loved the landscape.


Top
   
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2010 2:59 pm 
Offline
Fishaholic
User avatar

Joined: Fri May 18, 2007 9:38 pm
Posts: 1882
Location: Mumbai
You guys rock Mobeen.

Great trip Photos. keep them coming.

Well fished mate.

Regards,

Ali. :P


Top
   
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2010 5:18 pm 
Offline
Fishaholic

Joined: Sun Jul 09, 2006 10:08 am
Posts: 2102
Location: Assam
Congrats on the catches.


Top
   
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2010 5:52 pm 
Offline
Fishaholic
User avatar

Joined: Thu Mar 18, 2010 8:31 pm
Posts: 361
Location: Noida
Seems you guys had a good time...gr8 pics and nice catch. Have not started on trout fishing yet...am sure its exciting....What rod, reel and line did you use?


Top
   
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2010 5:59 pm 
Offline
Fishaholic
User avatar

Joined: Thu Feb 14, 2008 11:30 am
Posts: 206
Location: Pakistan
MM wrote:
Seems you guys had a good time...gr8 pics and nice catch. Have not started on trout fishing yet...am sure its exciting....What rod, reel and line did you use?


Thanks MM
Trout fishing is not just fishing, you must go for it

Tackle
Rod = Quantum Alliance (Light-6feet)
Reel= Shimano sienna (2000)
Line= Yo-zuri, florocarbon 6lbs


Top
   
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2010 6:00 pm 
Offline
Fishaholic

Joined: Tue Jan 30, 2007 4:55 pm
Posts: 2142
Location: Just outside New Delhi
Great countryside! I am sure this trip was a feast for your eyes. And those wonderful fish. That's the icing on the cake.

cheers mate. Thanks for sharing.


Top
   
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2010 6:19 pm 
Offline
Fishaholic
User avatar

Joined: Thu Mar 18, 2010 8:31 pm
Posts: 361
Location: Noida
Thanks Mobeen.


Top
   
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2010 6:35 pm 
Offline
Fishaholic
User avatar

Joined: Thu Apr 10, 2008 9:28 pm
Posts: 1035
Location: Chennai
Great fish.
Beautiful beautiful location.
nice photos.
Well done Mobeen.
It is pretty hard to fish for trout. seems like you had a jolly good time at it.
Try it with a smaller reel. 500 or 1000

Ravi


Top
   
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 31, 2010 2:53 pm 
Offline
Fishaholic

Joined: Mon Aug 27, 2007 10:02 pm
Posts: 351
Location: Mumbai, India
Great Trip Buddies. Thanks for sharing those nice pics.

You mentioned Flies but could not see your Fly Rod and Reel. What weight Fly rod do you use?

Regards,


Arun


Top
   
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 31, 2010 3:54 pm 
Offline
Fishaholic

Joined: Thu Feb 12, 2009 12:07 am
Posts: 135
Location: New Delhi/Assam
That's an amazing place. Great fish too.


Top
   
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 31, 2010 8:11 pm 
Offline
Fishaholic
User avatar

Joined: Wed Feb 28, 2007 12:26 pm
Posts: 497
Location: Bangalore
Awesome Plc Bro.....
& Good Fishing... :D


Top
   
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 02, 2010 11:20 am 
Offline
Fishaholic
User avatar

Joined: Thu Feb 14, 2008 11:30 am
Posts: 206
Location: Pakistan
arun.mohile wrote:
Great Trip Buddies. Thanks for sharing those nice pics.

You mentioned Flies but could not see your Fly Rod and Reel. What weight Fly rod do you use?

Regards,


Arun


Thanks all for appreciation :D
The Fly rod was 5wt with WF5F line, you can see we are setting up a fly rod, but unfortunately it wasn’t fruitful or we didnt used it for long time. However we used flies on spinning tackle (This tech is used by locals and we tried it and were successful).

Regards


Top
   
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 02, 2010 11:24 am 
Offline
Fishaholic
User avatar

Joined: Thu Feb 14, 2008 11:30 am
Posts: 206
Location: Pakistan
ravinp58 wrote:
Great fish.
Beautiful beautiful location.
nice photos.
Well done Mobeen.
It is pretty hard to fish for trout. seems like you had a jolly good time at it.
Try it with a smaller reel. 500 or 1000

Ravi


Thanks, I’m planning to buy 500 or 1000 for same model, it’s a good reel, u guyz must try it.
Or Any suggestion for a good reel with in $60


Top
   
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 02, 2010 12:41 pm 
Offline
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jun 26, 2006 5:37 pm
Posts: 1932
Location: Bangalore
It sure is a beautiful place ....nice catch. Thanks for sharing.

Bops


Top
   
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 02, 2010 4:28 pm 
Offline
Fishaholic
User avatar

Joined: Fri Aug 10, 2007 1:21 pm
Posts: 252
Location: Hot Hot Hot!!
Mobeen,

Congratulations!!

Beautiful place and beautiful fish.


Top
   
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 02, 2010 6:07 pm 
Offline
Fishaholic
User avatar

Joined: Thu Apr 10, 2008 9:28 pm
Posts: 1035
Location: Chennai
mobeensiddiqi wrote:
ravinp58 wrote:
Great fish.
Beautiful beautiful location.
nice photos.
Well done Mobeen.
It is pretty hard to fish for trout. seems like you had a jolly good time at it.
Try it with a smaller reel. 500 or 1000

Ravi


Thanks, I’m planning to buy 500 or 1000 for same model, it’s a good reel, u guyz must try it.
Or Any suggestion for a good reel with in $60


I would suggest DAIWA Spinmatic 'Z' 500T (ultralight). It's an excellent reel for the price (should be below $60)


Top
   
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2010 1:13 pm 
Offline
Fishaholic
User avatar

Joined: Thu Feb 14, 2008 11:30 am
Posts: 206
Location: Pakistan
ravinp58 wrote:
mobeensiddiqi wrote:
ravinp58 wrote:
Great fish.
Beautiful beautiful location.
nice photos.
Well done Mobeen.
It is pretty hard to fish for trout. seems like you had a jolly good time at it.
Try it with a smaller reel. 500 or 1000

Ravi


Thanks, I’m planning to buy 500 or 1000 for same model, it’s a good reel, u guyz must try it.
Or Any suggestion for a good reel with in $60


I would suggest DAIWA Spinmatic 'Z' 500T (ultralight). It's an excellent reel for the price (should be below $60)


Thanks, will chk it today


Top
   
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 08, 2010 7:59 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat May 29, 2010 5:40 pm
Posts: 20
Location: Delhi
Great catch brother... and amazingly beautiful landscape


Top
   
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2010 9:49 am 
Offline
Fishaholic
User avatar

Joined: Fri Apr 20, 2007 12:30 pm
Posts: 355
Location: rawalpindi, pakistan
Good fishing mobeen...................... :D


Top
   
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2010 12:29 pm 
Offline
Fishaholic
User avatar

Joined: Thu Feb 14, 2008 11:30 am
Posts: 206
Location: Pakistan
Thanks all,
Sure it is a beautiful place but sadly lots of destruction took place in the area due to recent floods.
We were planning to go there in September but it seems it is not possible now.


Top
   
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2010 1:37 pm 
Offline
Fishaholic
User avatar

Joined: Fri Apr 20, 2007 12:30 pm
Posts: 355
Location: rawalpindi, pakistan
Mobeen there is alot of rain forecast for the northern areas and as per telephonic conversations with people in Gilgit Baltistan and Hazara the situation seems quite depressing :(


Top
   
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2010 3:58 pm 
Offline
Fishaholic
User avatar

Joined: Sat Nov 17, 2007 9:21 pm
Posts: 1093
Location: Mumbai
Great report mate thanks for sharing the place looks amazing :D


Top
   
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2010 4:49 pm 
Offline
Fishaholic
User avatar

Joined: Sat Feb 03, 2007 1:29 pm
Posts: 2187
Location: Mumbai
Very nice fishing & a what a beautiful location.

Heard about the destruction caused by flash floods. Very sad situation.

Santosh


Top
   
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2010 11:40 am 
Offline
Fishaholic
User avatar

Joined: Thu Feb 14, 2008 11:30 am
Posts: 206
Location: Pakistan
santosh wrote:
Very nice fishing & a what a beautiful location.

Heard about the destruction caused by flash floods. Very sad situation.

Santosh


Thanks Santosh,

Yeah the area is totally devastated, we couldn’t contact our guide, hope he is fine.

You have very nice pics on youtube. thanks for the link


Top
   
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 25 posts ] 

All times are UTC+05:30


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Jump to:  
cron
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Limited