->

INDIANANGLER

India fishing forum for all the information you require on angling, equipment, locations and trip reports.
It is currently Mon Oct 23, 2017 2:32 am

All times are UTC+05:30

PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2010 4:43 pm 

Hi all
I am leaving for Paonta Sahib/Nahan in Himachal this weekend with my family. Kindly suggest some good location for fishing at Paonta Sahib or nearby and also which place is better (nahan or paonta sahib). Wt all things i require to have a good catch. As I m new to fishing, I have no idea about the Do's and Dont's.

Regards

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2010 5:55 pm 
Fishaholic

Hit a place called Dadupur, it's around 20 km after Yamuna Nagar. You have to buy a pass here (Rs 5). The fish you can expect are Mahseer, Mulley and a lot of carp.

Move up stream from here and check out Tajewalla, especially the forest guest house as it has a record of all the fish caught on a wall.

Follow the Yamuna further up stream and you'll come to a small power house. If you can manage to bribe the guards here then you might get some really big ones in the outlet sluice gates.

Finally feast your eyes on the fish at Renuka Lake. But don't try and catch any.

Hope this helps.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2010 6:24 pm 
Fishaholic

Last time I was out there, there was no water in Yamuna

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2010 10:56 pm 
Fishaholic

Further to what Ken has already mentioned, you can purchase the fishing license from the local chai wala in Dadu Pur. You can also take the old road from Paonta Saheb to Masuri via. Dak Patthar, katapatthar towards kampti Fall and as you come to Yamuna bridge, go down and as you go down strem of the river, you will find a big rock jutting out in the river. Try casting either side of the rock and you may hit a big one. Do take care while fishing that spot as it is very treacherous and the water from where you will be spinning is very deep. I do not think, this is the best time to go fishing there. In case you can not do any fishing any where, you can always try bait fishing on the right side of Gurudwara steps.

Best of luck.

Ali.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2010 8:46 am 
Fishaholic

Yup! This is not the ideal time to go. But Dadupur always has some fish. Try some rotten fish at Dadupur and you might hit a goonch or mulley.

Unfortunately my info is at least 4 years old. Things change very fast so best of luck.