->

INDIANANGLER

India fishing forum for all the information you require on angling, equipment, locations and trip reports.
It is currently Sun Nov 19, 2017 4:09 pm

All times are UTC+05:30

Post subject: MJs of konkan
PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2010 10:19 pm 
Fishaholic

HI guys after the rod breaking experience in my backyard beach in Murud It took two days to repair and get my rod back in shape
Now! Me and my rod both were itching for some action , so decided to test the magic of my lucky wand somewhere in konkan and off I went ,
On the way stopped briefly to admire the fort of our brave king SHIVAJI MAHARAJ, went trolling for the next two days without any results, All of a sudden the sea had turned rough, the huges waves ,tossing and turning of the boat, it was so nauseating so had to call off the trolling ,then got a call from mumbai informing that cyclone LAILA has wrecked havoc in AP, So this was the LAILA effect :wink: guess the fishes must have taken shelter from the rampaging LAILA, suddenly all my hopes of catching big fish crashed on the rocks like the waves ,decided to pack up and head to somewhere with calmer waters and explore new fishing spots for future game , scanned a lot of area left, right ,up and down the moutnains :-) found some good fishing spots and luckily did not give hands or legs in the process :lol: but only shed a few kilos of weight and few cms of rubber sole {shoes} this trip was designed for GTs and Barras but turned out to be of the Mangrove Jacks as I always tell my new angler friends " IN FISHING ALWAYS EXPECT THE UNEXPECTED "
My lucky rod suddenly was busy tackling the might MJs and once again it was proved that my 14footer telescopic still has the same punch as before.
our patience was rewarded with eleven Mangrove jacks all good size,of which only three were kept and the rest were released
One interesting think happened when we were landing the Mjs and releasing them the locals were watching in amazment thinking we were mad or something one such onlooker walked up to me and said don't release it give it to me I instantly shot back " boss this is black magic we have cast a spell on the plug that’s how we catch the big ones and if you eat this fish you'll go crazy , mad " and Instantly he and his friends left the place :lol: :lol: :lol: and I was left alone to peacefully do some fishing . Lost two plugs to some underwater juvinile fish ;-) but had a wonderful and thrilling experience of landing the mighty Mjs of konkan great fighters they are ! Eagerly waiting to go back for some action after the rains
Tackle used
Berkely extra heavy action surf rod carbon graphite 5000series cherrywood 14foot length
Shakesphere QUO reel
Rapala mono line
Berkely Trilene mono
and a set of my favourite plugs seen here

Catching fish in the sun has to be fun only if you are topless ;-)

searching far and wide, up and down for greener pastures ? No ! bigger dream fish :lol:

And the Fun Begins

Thats my loockhy wand :wink: in action

Out of eleven MJs only these three lucky ones won a free ride to my house in Navi Mumbai all expenses paid

Bye guys " See You when I See You ":lol: Happy Fishing :lol:

Last edited by lionheart on Wed Jan 05, 2011 11:31 am, edited 5 times in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2010 10:34 pm 
Fishaholic

Good report Syed. Congratulations on fish landed.

Tight lines,

Ali. :P

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2010 10:36 pm 
Fishaholic

Thank you Alibhai :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2010 10:36 pm 
Fishaholic

Great going mate. Real nice pictures.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2010 10:37 pm 
Fishaholic

Great Pics Lion,

cheers

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2010 10:58 pm 
Fishaholic

wow sayyad excellent report n awsome mjs....
i can imagine the fun you must have had fighting and landing them...
amazing stuff...
regards,
dr. prasad

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2010 11:00 pm 
Fishaholic

Thank you
M'ken and Dilip :-)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2010 11:06 pm 
Fishaholic

dr. prasad wrote:
wow sayyad excellent report n awsome mjs....
i can imagine the fun you must have had fighting and landing them...
amazing stuff...
regards,
dr. prasad

Thanks Doc come join the fun,lets teamup and pull some Barra Barra MJs or bora bora MJs in bong style :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2010 11:12 pm 
Fishaholic

i would definately like to join you, but will i be able to hook any fish????
i dont have spell bound lures like you... :lol: :lol: :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2010 11:52 pm 
Fishaholic

dr. prasad wrote:
i would definately like to join you, but will i be able to hook any fish????
i dont have spell bound lures like you... :lol: :lol: :lol:

Don't worry Doc I'll get all your 5ml and 10ml syringes kissed by the zalim jadugar of youngistan then all you have to do is throw them in the water no strings or line attached the needles will search for the biggest barra or MJ and stick on its butt and lo! the fish will be limping towards you :lol: :lol: :lol:
{ but it is strictly for fishes only} :wink: no testing elsewhere pls :lol: :lol: :twisted:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2010 3:14 am 
Fishaholic

Good show ..... Thanks for sharing.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2010 9:10 am 
Fishaholic

Hi Syed,

Nice report and excellent MJ's.
Congrats.

Ravi

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2010 9:11 am 
Fishaholic

Hi Syed,

Nice report and excellent MJ's.
Congrats.

Ravi

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2010 9:20 am 
Fishaholic

Thank you Tato and Ravi :-)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2010 10:23 am 
Fishaholic

Congrats nice fish, thanks for sharing the pictures.

Saravanan

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2010 11:08 am 
Fishaholic

Thank you Saravanan :-)

Post subject: good fishing
PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2010 1:06 pm 
Fishaholic

Cool Pics N very nice 2 hear your exp. Keep up Congrats. Speaking of your luers they r realy spell bound. Will their spell work in the night .

Last edited by mailme.mario on Tue Jun 08, 2010 2:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2010 1:08 pm 
Site Admin

Some lovely catches Syed. Nice to see you released most fish.

Happy fishing.
Bops

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2010 1:12 pm 
Fishaholic

Sayed,

Your catch reports makes me feel like a LION in the cage. That lion who strolls to and fro behind bars. The pics are amazing I can feel the breeze and the the sound of waves brings back the fond memories whilst in Vengurla.

The fort makes me feel so proud. My chest blows out like a gladiator, but my stomach outperforms my chest ;) - Dilip your advice is always appreciated.

The MJ's are a handful I should say. "HYBRID" I guess. Probably because you used YOZURI HYBRID ??

Keep them coming mate? You guys keep my energy levels at peak in this off season for me.

Thanks for releasing the rest of the MJ's. Duh! that black magic was hilarious, poor chaps might stop eating fish that looks red LOL.

Great Going

Tight lines - DeZZ

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2010 1:18 pm 
Fishaholic

IndianAngler wrote:
Some lovely catches Syed. Nice to see you released most fish.

Happy fishing.
Bops

THANK YOU CHIEF :D
Mostly inspired by YOU and DILIP KAWAD :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2010 1:34 pm 
Fishaholic

teritex wrote:
Sayed,

Your catch reports makes me feel like a LION in the cage. That lion who strolls to and fro behind bars. The pics are amazing I can feel the breeze and the the sound of waves brings back the fond memories whilst in Vengurla.
The MJ's are a handful I should say. "HYBRID" I guess. Probably because you used YOZURI HYBRID ??

Keep them coming mate? You guys keep my energy levels at peak in this off season for me.

Thanks for releasing the rest of the MJ's. Duh! that black magic was hilarious, poor chaps might stop eating fish that looks red LOL.

Great Going

Tight lines - DeZZ

Thank you Dezz
vengurla is also good, I hope to try my luck or say lucky wand over there someday hope fully soon :-)

@ thanks mario :-)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2010 2:22 pm 
Fishaholic

Hi Sayed,
Congratulations!! The Sea Gods must be very pleased with you,how else could you be so lucky.
At this time most anglers return empty handed.You could start a series"Carry On Fishing". Best of luck.
Would you happen to know Imtiaz from Murud? He owns a hardware store in the town.
Syd.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2010 2:39 pm 
Fishaholic

Sydney wrote:
Hi Sayed,
Congratulations!! The Sea Gods must be very pleased with you,how else could you be so lucky.
At this time most anglers return empty handed.You could start a series"Carry On Fishing". Best of luck.
Would you happen to know Imtiaz from Murud? He owns a hardware store in the town.
Syd.

Thank you Syd :-)
Ofcourse I know him well
nice to know that we have a friend in common :-)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2010 4:32 pm 
Fishaholic

Lionheart..Now those are some awesome MJ photos..and glad to know that you released most of your catch back to the sea..Its tough to find guys like you who return their prized catch back to the sea..

I remembered my school days when I and my dad used to fish with cast nets in Goa. Whenever we caught something that was not worth a big bite, we would whisper to the fish/crab/prawn to grow up soon and come back in our nets once they were ready to be a mouthful..Whether they heard us, I will never know..hahaha..Well those days are long gone now and my dad has given up fishing with nets as he now feels our seas have become empty due to the excess commercial fishing in Goa..Now we have people who dont even allow the fish to grow more than a cm, forget a mouthful.

Anyway, I hope the released catch grows bigger and comes back to you in XXL size in the coming days...BTW, I am thinking of getting all my fishing gear to you so that you can cast your black magic spell on them..lol

Cheers!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2010 5:21 pm 
Fishaholic

abraganza wrote:
Lionheart..Now those are some awesome MJ photos..and glad to know that you released most of your catch back to the sea..Its tough to find guys like you who return their prized catch back to the sea..

I remembered my school days when I and my dad used to fish with cast nets in Goa. Whenever we caught something that was not worth a big bite, we would whisper to the fish/crab/prawn to grow up soon and come back in our nets once they were ready to be a mouthful..Whether they heard us, I will never know..hahaha..Well those days are long gone now and my dad has given up fishing with nets as he now feels our seas have become empty due to the excess commercial fishing in Goa..Now we have people who dont even allow the fish to grow more than a cm, forget a mouthful.

Anyway, I hope the released catch grows bigger and comes back to you in XXL size in the coming days...BTW, I am thinking of getting all my fishing gear to you so that you can cast your black magic spell on them..lol
Cheers!

Thank you Anthony for sharing your childhood memories with us nice one
this reminds me of my days when I was around 10yrs and use to stay in Kalina,santacuz we had a well in our locality with lots of fishes in it but fishing was not allowed to us kids for the fear of falling in and drowning so in the afternoons when Mom use to take her nap I use to take the black reel of pants sewing thread of spade co from my moms collection :twisted: and bend some steel pins in a hook shape and sit by the well side fishing with earthworms and when someone passes by I would just look the other way and sing any song waving my legs but when any commitee member caught me fishing then had to do 25 situps in full view of the public ofcourse my friends and girls were laughing at me :( but never cared what the world thought even till today some girlfriends from kalina remind me of my fishing madness :lol: :lol: :lol:

I pray that your words come true and they come back bigger on my plugs hopefully on my every trip, can't wait long for them to be that big or :twisted: maybe you'll go and catch them before me :lol:
and please do bring all your fishing gear for putting the spell and note that I am at liberty to choose or reject any tackle as I please and rejected ones will never go back with you :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: ha ha ha

Last edited by lionheart on Sun Jun 13, 2010 3:45 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2010 5:26 pm 
Fishaholic

Congrats Sayed,

great stuff....its always a good feeling when fish hit your lures.

Hope to get some of that action when I come down.

regards,
Keyur

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2010 5:35 pm 
Fishaholic

Mr. Lion Congrats.. very nice MJ .. was waiting for this report ..Who was the lucky angler fishing with you? :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2010 5:56 pm 
Fishaholic

santosh wrote:
Who was the lucky angler fishing with you? :wink:

MIA BABA RAJA BENGALI. He is the one who supplied him with the good luck potion. LOL.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2010 5:59 pm 
Fishaholic

Keyur wrote:
Congrats Sayed,

great stuff....its always a good feeling when fish hit your lures.

Hope to get some of that action when I come down.

regards,
Keyur

Thanks Keyur
yes thats the main thrill of playing the fish
come any time u wish but don't forget :lol: to bring along a bagfull of plugs and two bags full of luck ! :twisted: :lol: :lol:

Last edited by lionheart on Wed Jun 09, 2010 12:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2010 6:06 pm 
Fishaholic

santosh wrote:
Mr. Lion Congrats.. very nice MJ .. was waiting for this report .. :wink:

Thank you Santosh

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2010 10:31 pm 
Fishaholic

Hi Sayed,

Nice report and some good fish. Whats refreshin s the fact that you did not stick to one specific plug and dared to experiment. Thats the spirit.

Regards,

Jeen

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2010 10:13 am 
Fishaholic

Thank you Jeen :-)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2010 11:08 am 

Hey Man, suddenly all the action seems to be around the Lion of Murud, Huh? Great going and terrific looking MJs. looks like your war cry is "have rod, will fish" Laila or no Laila. Good show !!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2010 12:02 pm 

Very nice report and pictures! Thanks for sharing

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2010 7:29 pm 
Fishaholic

freddie wrote:
Hey Man, suddenly all the action seems to be around the Lion of Murud, Huh? Great going and terrific looking MJs. looks like your war cry is "have rod, will fish" Laila or no Laila. Good show !!

Thank you for the Title Freddie :D
and the MJs were not only terrific in looks but equally terrific in taste too :lol:
I guess my rod was a bit more active and caught more big fish all that to impress LAILA [smilie=hearts.gif] :wink: :lol:

@ Thank you Mukundh :-)

Last edited by lionheart on Thu Jun 10, 2010 10:41 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2010 8:22 pm 
Fishaholic

hey sayyed bhai, nice fish. i think the fish have cast thier spell on you :D . keep om doing it.

regards,
aamir

Post subject: hi
PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2010 9:38 pm 
Fishaholic

the lion has roared again,,,u keep coming up with fantastic pictures,
nice snappers yarr,,,man would love to see u in action,,,lets hope we get some of ur magic as we post on ia,,,
keep it up :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2010 10:34 am 
Fishaholic

dr aamir bhavnagri wrote:
hey sayyed bhai, nice fish. i think the fish have cast thier spell on you :D . keep om doing it.

regards,
aamir

Hey Doc
thats very old news about the fish and their spell on me ,I'll tell you about a new case I'm handling, one Muriel has cast a [smilie=hearts.gif] spell on an Amdavadi doc but there was a spelling mistake while casting the spell and now the poor guy is busy chasing the murrels instead of muriel [smilie=giggle.gif] :lol: :lol:
and only a barra from Murud will break that spell :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Last edited by lionheart on Thu Jun 10, 2010 1:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: Re: hi
PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2010 10:59 am 
Fishaholic

MERWYNTIGER wrote:
the lion has roared again,,,u keep coming up with fantastic pictures,
nice snappers yarr,,,man would love to see u in action,,,lets hope we get some of ur magic as we post on ia,,,
keep it up :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I know of a tiger who pretends to be a pussy cat quietly makes his kill in some parts of konkan and calls himself a small fry

come on now Tiger let us admire your catches post them man ! :x :evil:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2010 12:27 pm 
Fishaholic

Congrats sharekhan

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2010 8:20 pm 
Fishaholic

lionheart wrote:
dr aamir bhavnagri wrote:

regards,
aamir

Hey Doc
thats very old news about the fish and their spell on me ,I'll tell you about a new case I'm handling, one Muriel has cast a [smilie=hearts.gif] spell on an Amdavadi doc but there was a spelling mistake while casting the spell and now the poor guy is busy chasing the murrels instead of muriel [smilie=giggle.gif] :lol: :lol:
and only a barra from Murud will break that spell :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

:D :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2010 8:48 pm 
Fishaholic

where did u get that sharekhan tshirt

PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2010 10:18 am 
Fishaholic

MERWYNTIGER wrote:
where did u get that sharekhan tshirt

From Sherkhan of junglebook :lol: :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2010 8:29 pm 
Fishaholic

hi lion,,what r the best lures for mj,s pls give me some idea :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Sat Jun 12, 2010 4:27 pm 
Fishaholic

MERWYNTIGER wrote:
hi lion,,what r the best lures for mj,s pls give me some idea :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

:evil: :twisted: Hey tiger you pulling my leg buddy ? you are called as M J {merwyn jack } or M J king back there in Malvan for your record catches :lol: :lol:

8) Since this site is all about sharing info about fish and fishing , I'll answer that for the new anglers :D
Its all about PRESENTATION and APPEAL guys be it underwater or above water and sooner or later everybody falls for it
Take a lure from any make rapala,yozuri,storm,halco etc..... after you cast it now you have to play the lure in such a way that it should really attract and tempt the predator fish watching it, to strike !
sometimes an old battered lure wrapped in a silver foil does the job whereas a new rapala can fail
To prove my point guys just check out the plug closely in the eighth picture of this post{orange plug} :lol: :lol: thats silver foil guys :lol: :lol:
hope that helps :-) everyone but not you merwyn :twisted: :twisted: :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2010 4:32 am 
Fishaholic

Good catches Buddy :D ....Thanks for sharing...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2010 9:56 am 
Fishaholic

Thanks Apoo and Viper :-)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2010 8:22 pm 
Fishaholic

how do u think , mr lion , this place will be for mjs in monsoon,,,,
should be great

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2010 8:29 pm 
Fishaholic

MERWYNTIGER wrote:
how do u think , mr lion , this place will be for mjs in monsoon,,,,
should be great

Don't know Merwyn ! I am happy fishing at murud in the monsoons :-)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2010 8:33 pm 
Fishaholic

yeah some rod breaking tamoshies