->

INDIANANGLER

India fishing forum for all the information you require on angling, equipment, locations and trip reports.
It is currently Fri Sep 22, 2017 8:19 am

All times are UTC+05:30

PostPosted: Sun Jun 06, 2010 1:45 pm 

Hello Guyz,
Please find below the report for today’s misadventure….

So eir, bir, phattay and hum (MM, Tanny, my cousin & I) went out to fish this morning…. And as always we caught nothing… I wonder why this does not surprise me…..

Anyhow.. Really nice place discovered by MM…right in the middle of nowhere total wilderness…. Very quiet and peaceful…

We started our day early (for me 6 AM is very early)…. with a couple of cold ones (KF- pints and Can)… sat there waiting for something to happen… saw some action when we reached there, fish jumping in and out of water… Fish eagles trying to stalk the fish and one actually succeeded in picking something from the water… so this kept us on our toes… however we didn’t get too many bites.. I guess the bait was not tempting enough for the fish though we had a tough time stopping MM from eating the same :)…

Would humbly request all the fellow fishermen from NCR to please take us along with u guyz whenever u plan u r next trip as I m getting tired of sitting and not catching anything otherwise we would have to pay for Bopanna’s airfare and get him to Delhi to fish with us

Never mind the failure someone really gr8 once said… “A gem cannot be polished without friction and a man cannot be perfected without trials” (BTW that Gr8 one was me)…

Would keep u guyz posted for the next update…

All iz Well
SR

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 06, 2010 2:08 pm 
Fishaholic

Damn!! You can blame the EAGLE this time. That bird must have scared all the fish away!!

Better luck next time Amigo.

DeZZ

Last edited by teritex on Sun Jun 06, 2010 3:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 06, 2010 3:33 pm 
Fishaholic

SR,

Tell us where you were fishing? eg. Lake, river, etc.

What you used for bait? Worms, atta, etc.

What lines you used? .10, .20, .35, etc.

What size hooks you used? 22, 20, 18, etc (Size differs with brand)

What rods and reels you used? (or handlines)

Any ground bait?

Perhaps then we can give you some tips.

All the best on the next trip.

Regards,
Adolph.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 06, 2010 4:35 pm 
Fishaholic

Persevere! And it will happen.

Here are a few pointer when fishing new waters.

Try different set ups. If everyone has the same depth and bait, then all will either win or lose. You increase your chances is every one tries a different set up. Once you know which bait works and depth the fish are at, then get all the rods to shift.

Then spread out. It is of no use if all you guys fish from the same general area. The fish could be in some other part of the lake.

Fishing is not really a social activity. The more action on land the less in the water. So try and stay quiet and don't 'jump' around to much as fish feel the vibrations.

Hope this helps next time.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 06, 2010 5:26 pm 
Fishaholic

Very True.....

Trying a lot of different type of baits (Whatever comes to your mind) - worms, plain atta, bread paste, bread with vanilla etc etc etc.. Something or the other would work.... And when trying a new place good to use a lighter set up with lesser poundage monofilment line as it would be more invisible under water, (some fish are line shy - never know what is beneath the water).

Also try to ground bait the place say 30 min before starting to cast your lines...

Hope it works for you...keep trying just a matter of time buddy you would know the pond and its fish habbit.

Cheers,

Chris

PostPosted: Sun Jun 06, 2010 5:50 pm 
Fishaholic

SR wrote:
Hello Guyz,
otherwise we would have to pay for Bopanna’s airfare and get him to Delhi to fish with us

All iz Well
SR

Kidnapping Ken will be a much cheaper option. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Regards,

Ali. :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2010 9:42 am 
Fishaholic

There is always a "next time".

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2010 10:36 am 
Fishaholic

If you were to catch fish each and every time you go out, then none of the anglers will be going to work. They all will be out fishing daily.
Keep trying and your day will come.
All the best.

Ravi

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2010 12:11 pm 
Fishaholic

“A gem cannot be polished without friction and a man cannot be perfected without trials” - AND I thought Ninja Chacha said that :D

And ken is right...its time for you to sit quiet and make your boilies :)
I am thinking that I need a big box with sections to keep different baits for the next time...what say?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2010 12:23 pm 
Fishaholic

Hi Adolph,

We used DAM rod and reels...for line had firefox 5.8 kgs and .25 or .3 I think. Bait we used this time was atta (previous experience prompted us to stick to it this time...). I tried using spoon from the bank but soon gave up since it was bringing weeds with it every time (maybe due to the weight).
We had thought of using corn also this time...but SR forgot to bring that...anyways, for this place, next time, its going to be chicken liver, bread and egg, corn and atta + vanilla.

Regards - MM

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2010 12:43 pm 
Fishaholic

MM wrote:
Hi Adolph,

next time, its going to be chicken liver, bread and egg, corn and atta + vanilla.

Regards - MM

Call it Chicken Liver Cake LOL

DeZZ

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2010 12:47 pm 
Fishaholic

:D if this does not get the fish then I will just get in the water and kick them :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2010 1:59 pm 
Fishaholic

MM wrote:
:D if this does not get the fish then I will just get in the water and kick them :D

MM

Now that you have shown respect to the fish, you WILL get one:!: :!: :!:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2010 3:30 pm 
Fishaholic

Location plzzzzzzz? This is the best part of fishing. When you catch them the adventure ends :-).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2010 3:55 pm 
Fishaholic

dev wrote:
Location plzzzzzzz? This is the best part of fishing. When you catch them the adventure ends :-).

MM is talking about Sonia Vihar/Tronika/and further leading to 3rd thokar!

This place gets productive after the rains till end of winters!

Cheers!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2010 6:03 pm 
Fishaholic

SR..dont lose hope my friend..It took me 7 months to get my first MJ and the experience will be remembered for a life time..read my post in shore fishing. Keep the faith and keep on trying..

-Cheers

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2010 6:06 pm 

Regret for the late entry... I did tried the different depths... atta with and without turmeric...did some ground bait as well.... the exceptionally surprising factor was no bite at all and no bite means NO BITE.. seems like all the fish had mass migrated or were fasting for the day in rememberance of all their nears and dears hooked by IA members in past.

on ther other note..what type of fish , size and type can be expected at this location.?

thanks

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2010 6:34 pm 
Fishaholic

Tanvinder wrote:
on ther other note..what type of fish , size and type can be expected at this location.?

thanks

The best option for you is ti ask the locals in they catch any fish there. Secondly, if you know of anyone who has been fishing there. Most importantly, if you see the fish there that means there is a fish.
Last but not the least you have to describe the location or with some pics and the vegetation. What sort of a water body it is? Still/flowing water ? After knowing all these factors we can only take a guess of what you could expect. Coz there are factors like overfishing/water condition/dynamite explosions etc etc.

Hope this helps.

DeZZ