->

INDIANANGLER

India fishing forum for all the information you require on angling, equipment, locations and trip reports.
It is currently Thu Nov 23, 2017 12:52 pm

All times are UTC+05:30

Post subject: Pawna Dam
PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2010 2:29 pm 

Hi people. I am going to Pawna Dam near kamshet tomorrow and as i read from a few post that members of this forum have been there. Can someone who has been there give me any tips on what fish to expect there and particular bait to use as this is the first time I am visiting this place for fishing. Mostly will be doing fishing from dam shore. If still no luck then will put on life jacket and go in deeper waters :lol:
Awaiting your valuable reply,

Amod Ghatpande

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2010 2:43 pm 
Fishaholic

Amod
Best of luck for the deeper waters :lol: :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2010 7:35 pm 
Fishaholic

All the best. You got a pm

Post subject: Haaaarrrr Haaaaaarrr
PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2010 11:49 am 

:shock:

Well the fish did what they are doing in my profile image tease me and not take bait :x

Man we were there for 5 hours but were unable to land a big one. Smaller local fish were taking bait but no biggies. :? :( Finally a very funny scenario happened. A local fisher man came and went laying his nets while we were trying to catch our fish and he landed a 5 kg fish, man !!!! :roll:
That was it. We got even more determined and kept going for 2 horus more, but time ran out on us and we had to retreat to our home near dam for the night. We spotted 1 cobra, 3 black scorpions, 1 yellowish red scorpion but no big fish other than the fisherman's big catch :lol: The next morning we headed to Kamshet river for some fishing but abandoned fishing after trying it for a hour. We laid our baits and resorted to swimming to cool ourselves.
Well the lession from our journey. Fish or no fish Having a great outdoor time with friends is the trick.
But i will go again and land it. I am even more determined now :-)
Ali bhai Thank you for your tips. But i think i need to learn more as i think the knowledge that i have was not sufficient enough to land the biggie. Looking forward to learn more from all you people out here :-)

Amod Ghatpande

Post subject: Re: Haaaarrrr Haaaaaarrr
PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2010 6:24 pm 
Fishaholic

amd wrote:
:shock:

. We spotted 1 cobra, 3 black scorpions, 1 yellowish red scorpion but no big fish other than the fisherman's big catch :lol: The next morning we headed to Kamshet river for some fishing but abandoned fishing after trying it for a hour. We laid our baits and resorted to swimming to cool ourselves.
Well the lesson from our journey. Fish or no fish Having a great outdoor time with friends is the trick.
But i will go again and land it. I am even more determined now :-)

Ali bhai Thank you for your tips. But i think i need to learn more as i think the knowledge that i have was not sufficient enough to land the biggie. Looking forward to learn more from all you people out here :-)

Amod Ghatpande

Amod,

Bad luck that you did not catch any thing but I appreciate your attitude. :P .

Be my guest in Powai some day and we will discuss some fishing.

Regards,

Ali. :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2011 12:41 pm 

Hi All
I am off to Pawana this coming week
Any tips ? Will fish from the shore only with lures - suggestions please ?