->

INDIANANGLER

India fishing forum for all the information you require on angling, equipment, locations and trip reports.
It is currently Thu Dec 14, 2017 8:04 am

All times are UTC+05:30

PostPosted: Sat May 22, 2010 12:45 pm 
Fishaholic

Just wanted to share this with the rest of you.

I planned a very short break to India Starting 14/05/2010 to 20/05/10.

14/05/10 - Landed in GOA and could smell water and fish on my way back to Sawantwadi from Dabolim. Guess what the customs officer recognized me and asked me if I was there in December 2009 and I just nodded in assertion tell him that it was me again. I was happy to know that he remembered me. He noticed I was carrying a big drain pipe packed with duct tapes and he questioned me with a smile and I told him they were fishing rods and he said you look like you have passion for angling and had a smile on his face. I said its not passion I am possessed. I sure he will remember me henceforth what a gentleman to remember me after 6 months :)
15/05/10 & 16/05/10 Feast days could not do much but pray and share some good hugs and memories and meeting of relatives after a long span of time.
17/05/10 - Morning visited my farm house for a couple of hours and witnessed the massive elephant footprints on my farms, frankly I loved the presence of this animal in my farm and was not bothered about the destruction. Got my hands on the fresh water apples, mangoes, cashews, tender coconut. Left for home and planned a short fishing trip to Vengurla. @ 1600 hrs. Got my tackle ready in 2 hrs. 2 rods, DAIWA Surf Rod and a Cabela SALT STRIKER. Got the stuff loaded in a 6 sitter and heading to the light house area in Vengurla. Was accompanied by my mentor, without whom I would have not been writing this report and would have not been knowing anything about fish and fishing. He is the person who helped me to hold the rod, cast the line and hook the bait.

MY MENTOR IS MR. PETER D'SOUZA AND IS STRUGGLING FOR LIFE. I REQUEST THE DOCS ON THIS FORUM TO ASSIST ME IN GETTING HIM BACK ON HIS FEET. HE IS NOT SUPPOSED TO BE IN BED. HE IS AN ANGLER AND HE SHOULD BE OUT CLOSE TO THE WATER WITH HIS ROD AND GEAR. A FEW MONTHS BACK HE HAD A ACCIDENT ON A BIKE AND HAD A FRACTURE ON HIS RIGHT LEG AND WAS BED RIDDEN SINCE THEN, NO BODY MOVEMENTS HAVE RESULTED IN OTHER ORGANS BEING INFECTED. THE CURRENT DIAGNOSIS SAY THAT HIS HEAR SIZE HAS INCREASED AND HAS PUT PRESSURE ON HIS LEVER AND ITS LOOKING BAD. THE KIDNEYS APPEAR GOOD BUT HAD SWOLLEN LEGS AS THEY SAID HE HAD SOME WATER ACCUMULATED IN HIS STOMACH AND WAS SUGGESTED SOME TABS THAT WERE NOT AVAILABLE. CURRENT STATUS IS THAT THEY MANAGED TO GET THE TABS AND IS CURRENTLY ON THE DOSES SUGGESTED BY THE LOCAL DOC. THE DOC THERE INFORMED ME THAT THE HEART SIZE CANNOT COME BACK TO NORMAL BUT WE SHOULD NOT ALLOW IT TO INCREASE MORE. THE THING IS THERE IS NO KNOWLEDGEABLE PERSON TO ASSIST HIM IN THIS. HE SAYS HE HAS GIVEN UP AND THAT IS CAUSING HIM LOSE FAITH. I KNOW HE WILL MAKE IT THROUGH THIS BAD TIMES BUT I NEED ASSISTANCE FROM MY FELLOW ANGLERS IN BOOSTING HIS MORALE AND SURELY ASSISTANCE FROM THE DOCS AVAILABLE ON THIS FORUM. I WILL TRY WHATEVER POSSIBLE FROM MY END TO GET HIM BACK ON HIS FEET. HE IS TOO DEAR TO ME AND I HOPE MY FELLOW ANGLERS WILL ASSIST ME IN THIS TIME OF NEED, JUST A FEW KIND WORDS WILL GET HIM BACK IN ACTION.

PLEASE I WANT HIM BACK :(

In spite of this condition he accompanied me to vengurla for the fishing trip :( Showed me where I could find what. I wasn't expecting a catch that day as I wanted to fish the waters together. His absence besides me was troubling me at the back of my mind and could not concentrate much on what I was doing, though I remember losing one lure as the wire leader gave in and even lost a couple fish as there were 2 amateurs who wanted to fish with me and got snagged every time I gave the rod in their hands. Well I just managed one cast which had a take probably by a MJ but did not have a mono leader backing and the braid line snapped like butter on the rocks on the first yank :(. Had to call it a day as it was getting darker and I was concerned about Peters health.

If possible I request you fellow anglers to contact him on 9420742686 and give him my reference (Desmond and not TERITEX) and he will be glad to hear from you.

I will be obliged and thankful to all of you as your calls will help him beat the isolation.

GOD BLESS YOU ALL.

Desmond

Post subject: hi
PostPosted: Sat May 22, 2010 1:29 pm 
Fishaholic

hi dezz,
what yarr,,u went from dabolim to wadi passe d through mapusa,,u should hav pm me man,i would loved to meet the dezz from dubai,my house is just half km from the nh 17 near mapusa bypas,
near the brigde where mapusa river passes,,,,and if u ask anybody where u make pork saugages ,,,that near my house,,what a wasted chance,,do u know mathew, robert all anglers from satwadi all oldies,,
ur freind will become ok will remember him in my prayers,

:lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 22, 2010 1:50 pm 
Fishaholic

Merwyn,

I landed @ 0330 hrs @ Dabolim, please don't expect me to search for you at that hour :). The trip wasn't well planned so will surely meet up next time when I come down. The oldies you mentioned are kinda difficult for me to know but might come across one day for sure. Peter is not my friend he is my teacher and a good Samaritan as I would name him. Thanks for your prayers Merwyn.

DeZZ

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 22, 2010 7:34 pm 
Fishaholic

Hay Dezz,

My sincere prayers for Mr. Peter. May god give him strength and cure. Amen.

Regards,

Ali.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 22, 2010 10:25 pm 
Fishaholic

Thanks Ali,

I am waiting for him to get on his feet and be with him on or before December. I hope you know how it feels if he is the one who showed you the way to angling, when I was barely 10 years of age.

I am sure your duaa will help a long way.

Kind regards - DeZZ

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 22, 2010 10:54 pm 
Fishaholic

SMS me you cell #... you got a PM.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 23, 2010 9:31 am 
Fishaholic

Hi Dezz,
I really appreciate your effort; put to bring back Mr PETER D'SOUZA to normal, I am sure he will recover fast. As an example my self I met with an accident on 25 Sep 09 while going to office broke my left leg tibia and fibula both the bones were crushed and my left hand two fingers were broken and was facing in different directions, since from the date of my accident, I am in hospital and home every alternative week and today I am able to walk without the crutches. It was possible only because of the “Indian Angler” friends who took me out for fishing even in those painful days and really helped me out to come back to normal. I am really grateful to each and every one of you out there.

Regards
Saravanan

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 23, 2010 10:06 am 
Fishaholic

That looks nasty Saravanan. GOD Bless you. Your faith has cured you and the prayers and efforts of the IA members certainly did the job. I am just hoping and praying that Peter will be back to normal.

DeZZ

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 23, 2010 8:36 pm 
Fishaholic

Don't worry Dezz INSHA'ALLAH he will be well very soon, He is in my prayers

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2010 1:46 pm 
Fishaholic

I think he needs to consult a neuro immediately...don't delay this

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2010 3:32 pm 
Fishaholic

We did take him to apolo in GOA. But the absence of someone knowledgeable is what is hampering his recovery. Thought I would consult Dr. Prasad wince he is quite close to my place. But he is no where to be seen these days :(

DeZZ