->

INDIANANGLER

India fishing forum for all the information you require on angling, equipment, locations and trip reports.
It is currently Tue Sep 26, 2017 9:46 pm

All times are UTC+05:30

PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2010 11:24 pm 

Greetings fellow Anglers,
I am visiting India soon on a short break and beg your indulgence in answering a few questions regarding angling in and around the city of Pune.
I live in England and though generally a salt water angler, find the allure of angling anywhere in the world irresistible. I have a six section 2.7m spinning rod with a Shimano Baitrunner reel which I carry with me on my travels together with a selection of lures and spinners.
As mentioned above, I will soon be visiting Pune and am requesting advise from Indian Angler forum members on where I can go to indulge my hobby. I will not be able to travel huge distances so must stay relatively close to the city.
This will be my first visit to India and I have no knowledge of Indian angling rules and regulations. I wish to avoid trouble with the authorities and also local residents who may depend on fishing for their livelihood. I do not wish to keep my catch but only want to take a photograph and then return it to the water.
Could anyone recommend any spots around Pune where I can try my luck? I have studied a map ofPune using Google Earth and saw the Khadakvasla Dam about 20 kilometres Southeast of Pune. Is it permissible to sport fish in the dam, specifically near the dam wall and if so, do I require a permit/licence?
Best wishes,
Mako123

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2010 8:08 am 
Enlightened

come to kerala buddy

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2010 9:14 am 
Fishaholic

Hi there,

What made you post this topic in the "Image Gallery"?? :)

Admins - can we move this to respective thread please.

Cheers

DeZZ

Post subject: angling around Pune
PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2010 1:11 am 
Enlightened

Hi Mako,
I am from Pune. As for fishing around Pune, Khakadwaslla Lake is commandeered by the Army and fishing is out of bounds to civilians. However, if you are well acquainted with any army personnel, then it is possible to acquire sort of permission to indulge in a spot of fishing there.
Dont build up your hopes though.
There are quite a few spots 40 miles radius of Pune where murrell fishing can be had but you will require your own transport.
At this time fishing is non rewarding due to low water levels and heat.
The best time will be during and just after the monsoons ie. july to nov.
when the fish travel upstream to spawn. Best baits are earthworms which can be easily dug in the fields along the river.
If you intend going before july then forget fishing.
I will contact some local anglers and see what they say.
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx - Sorry to be a party pooper guys, but posting personal details are not allowed if you need to pass details please PM same - Those who wish to contact Henry please PM him