->

INDIANANGLER

India fishing forum for all the information you require on angling, equipment, locations and trip reports.
It is currently Fri Nov 24, 2017 12:06 am

All times are UTC+05:30

PostPosted: Sat Mar 20, 2010 2:13 pm 
Fishaholic

Hello Folks,

So this time around i am looking for some help from dear members who have fished or are fishing in the Trivandrum/Kovalam region. I am headed out there on the 7th of April for a wedding actually... but can't resist the thought of carrying some gear along just in case i manage to squeeze out some time.

Sorry to be a pain, but i have a small list of questions which if answered, i would be very thankful for:

1. What kind of fish can i expect around that time?

2. Best bait/lures. Whats is the best time of the day to head out at.

3. Any specific locations. Pls keep in mind, i will be very be very tight on time and may have only one full day, while the rest of the time fishing would be restricted to a few hours of the day.

4. Any local contacts who can give some useful info.

5. Any other tips that my just make my day :)

Million thanks for your help and hopefully i shall be able to repay the favour.

Vikram

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2010 10:44 pm 
Fishaholic

Hi Vikram,

Tide Set One 05:17 AM 9.38 ft 12:29 AM 7.61 ft
Tide Set Two 07:11 PM 10.93 ft 12:03 PM 5.97 ft

the above is Mumbai tide forecast and Trivendrum will be roughly same. It is not a very high tide. You can target the second tide. I am not aware about the locations et all but if you are doing beach fishing you can expect beside Sting Ray and Sand sharks, Queen Fish, Reef Shark, GT and many other species also so go prepared. :wink:

Regards,

Ali :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2010 12:21 am 
Fishaholic

Sorry Ali,

I had missed out the part where you have mentioned that i should target the 2nd one... and now you are left with minor question of bait/lure at high or low tide and type of bait !!! :oops:

Big big thank you

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2010 11:03 am 
Fishaholic

Vikram,

Try the second high tide that is 7.11 PM. You can start fishing 3 hours before and can fish up to as late as 10 PM.

For bait fishing use fresh mullet, sardeen, Prawn etc and use a petronostor or fish finder rig.

If you are spinning, depending on the water, use appropriate lures. The general category is Red and White, Fire tiger or natural colors.

Regards,

Ali. :P

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 27, 2010 1:30 pm 
Fishaholic

angler_ali wrote:
Vikram,

Try the second high tide that is 7.11 PM. You can start fishing 3 hours before and can fish up to as late as 10 PM.

For bait fishing use fresh mullet, sardeen, Prawn etc and use a petronostor or fish finder rig.

If you are spinning, depending on the water, use appropriate lures. The general category is Red and White, Fire tiger or natural colors.

Regards,

Ali. :P

there you go vikram the masters advice follow it and you will be blessed .By the way if you lucky and mange to "patao" local fisherman try and get some live bait you can keep them live by just putting them in a box with many holes in the same spot where you are fishing in the sea . I think you might get lucky to really hook a big one as Ali says anything is possible and if you have, do try rubber shads it is one of Ali's favorite :lol: :lol: cheers
Rajat