->

INDIANANGLER

India fishing forum for all the information you require on angling, equipment, locations and trip reports.
It is currently Tue Nov 21, 2017 12:39 am

All times are UTC+05:30

Post subject: Fishing On A Trek?
PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2010 11:48 pm 

Hello Everyone, i havent been on my favorite forum for a pretty long time, my board exams are less than 2 weeks away, and my engineering exams are after that till may. However, i plan to do alot of fishing after that!! Me and a friend of mine were planning to go on a trek in the Himalayas in June time. Ive been on 2 treks with YHAI before, to malvalli and jalori and i remember coming across alot of potential fishing spots during the treks (this is before i had ever done any fishing). In malvalli i remember staying at a place, and we had a river just outside our tents where i remember seeing hundred's of mahseer atleast as long as my arm next to a temple where fishing was not allowed. Has anyone been on a YHAI trek? I was wondering if they would allow me to carry along my (very limited :P) fishing gear and catch and release? Also, if i was to travel into the Himalayas, would i require a special permit to just fish catch and release or would i need to acquire different licenses or something?

Post subject: Good Wishes
PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2010 3:53 pm 
Fishaholic

Hi Mukundh,

All the best for your board exams. Hope you do well & get back to angling soon. We are off to Dapoli tomorrow for a three day trip.

Regards
Pratap Nair

Post subject: Hi
PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2010 4:31 pm 

Hi Mukund,

Recently i was in Srinagar and i did some fishing there. At most of the hills officially you require a license but most of the time you get away without taking one if you speak to one of the locals and take there help.

Although the permit cost is not much but still. infact my uide in srinagar told me to go ahead without the license n it was fine.

So give it ur best shot & enjoy.

Rgds,
Taksh