->

INDIANANGLER

India fishing forum for all the information you require on angling, equipment, locations and trip reports.
It is currently Mon Sep 25, 2017 11:35 am

All times are UTC+05:30

Post subject: Fishing Around Mangalore
PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2009 9:41 pm 

Hello everyone. I will be in mangalore from 26th to 4th. I hope to try my hand at sea/shore fishing then. I have a cabelas bigwater rod 10 feet (courtesy ali bhai :D) and a shimano 4000fx alivio reel. I have 30mm mono line. I dont know if this setup is alright for shore/sea fishing. Also can anyone tell me any good locations, bait, hook size, weights, and rigs? I dont have any lures so im going to be trying bait fishing. If anyone can give me any advice, thank you in advance :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2009 9:13 pm 

Hey! Whr r u planning to fish? and what are the successful catches in that area? I may have to visit Mangalore in end of jan, if I do I will have free time to hook few ;)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 24, 2009 7:54 am 

Mukundh, you can try Panambur jetty (rocks) for good sizes of catches. you can hook GT's, jacks, Bara's, lady fish, good sizes of groupers etc. Once you reach mangalore central railway station you have to take the highway route towards udupi and this place is around 8-10kms from mangalore railway station. Sry i cannot join u guys because i am moving towards chikamaglur on my official duty. Wishing you all the very best!!!!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2009 2:03 pm 

I went to the rocks today. I tried a simple rig with 2 hooks and a weight. At the end of an hour, i was down by about a few hooks, and some amount of shrimp. I was trying to cast pretty far but i was obviously still casting into shallow rocks becuase it kept getting entangled. If i could get a little help it would be much appreciated, i dunno where to cast from. Should i try a different rig or something? Or try casting without weight? Also a couple of times the shrimp flew off the hook, what is the right way or hooking it?