->

INDIANANGLER

India fishing forum for all the information you require on angling, equipment, locations and trip reports.
It is currently Sat Nov 18, 2017 5:38 pm

All times are UTC+05:30

Post subject: Fishing in Koh Samui
PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2009 7:53 pm 

Anyone out there knows if there is any fishing to be had in Koh Smui.
Would appreciate some guidance.
Thanks in advance.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2009 10:22 pm 
Fishaholic

It's very expensive but you could try http://www.fishinginthailand.com/index.html

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2009 7:09 am 

Thanks for the response,will look it up if I can do it without breaking a bank

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2009 1:27 pm 
Fishaholic

That was a quick reply from work yesterday but it's the only freshwater fishing I know of in the island.
I've never fished Samui but I did visit Koh Tao a few years back. Most beaches are broken coral and I had a few small fish from several unidentified Lucjanid species from the shore- I only had a very light spinning rod with me. There was no real boat fishing action though because the seas around Koh Tao are a marine park. I don't think that that's the case with Samui but it might be wise to d a google search.

If you're going to Samui, you will presumably be on the mainland at some point so if you're near a major resort town, just drop it's name and "fishing park" into a search engine and see what comes up. I did just that a couple of weeks back and spent a very pleasant couple of days fishing at Hua Hin Fishing Lodge on an all inclusive package that included hotel pickup, rental of two rods, bait, a guide to do my unhooking and photography, a slap up Thai lunch, hot and cold non-alcoholic drinks and a return trip back to the hotel. Total cost for the day was 2000 baht (3000 Rupees) which isn't bad.

Last edited by Ken L on Sun Dec 06, 2009 1:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2009 2:47 pm 
Enlightened

Hi Small Fry

I have fished in Samui, any hotel that you stay in will have the requisite contacts.You can do a day trip or a night fishing trip.
Charges were about 1500 Bht and a pretty good setup. Lots of Grouper, Barracuda etc action. And they keep feeding you fish freshly caught on hand lines which is bit pissing off when you are not getting bites :):):)
Cheers

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 06, 2009 8:25 am 

Thanks again gents for the info.Many years since I have been fishing and as this is a big family group not too sure if I will be able to get away, but will try my best, even if for a few hours.
Cheers.