->

INDIANANGLER

India fishing forum for all the information you require on angling, equipment, locations and trip reports.
It is currently Tue Sep 26, 2017 7:25 am

All times are UTC+05:30

Post subject: A Trip To Pawai Lake
PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2009 11:48 am 

Well i had been wanting to visit Pawai for a long time now, and my exams got over last week, so i decided that this was the perfect time for the much awaited trip. After scheduling, and rescheduling trip dates i finally landed up at pawai at around 11:30 on 14th. Ali Bhai was there, giving me a warm welccome, and my very own rod (THANK YOU IA)! :D We pushed off with the lone rod and a big bucket of ground bait. I didn't know what exactly was in store for me, but on reaching Ali Bhai's machan, he went inside and came out with 2 absolutely beautiful looking rods. I observed how he set the depth and everything, and we started fishing. The small fish kept finishing off the bait, but nothing decently sized, so didnt register any bites. I remember Ali Bhai missed a couple of bites only because he was explaining something to me :(

After an hour or so, Ali Bhai set up a small rod with a basic floating rig and handed it to me, explaining the basic ways of casting, etc. I managed Then Ali Bhai untied the machan and began rowing off into the middle of the lake. Rowing looked pretty simple, and even though Ali was rowing against the wind, i though i would have been able to handle it. I was handed the oars for barely a minute, and i tired myself out in half that time :shock: i managed to turn the boat in a semi-circle :P After reaching 'crocodile island', and anchoring the boat, Ali set up the rig and we began fishing. Ali handed me a feeder rig and we waited. After some time, junior Ali joined us, also a very jovial and fun looking guy (his rod looked a little dangerous though :P). After another half hour and no bites, we brought out the small rod and started casting with earthworm. Junior Ali soon hooked into a fish, and handed me the rod. I landed the fish. It was a nice looking Khali (i dont remember the name Ali Bhai). After that we got frequent bites on earthworm on the small rod. I lost quite a few fish after hooking though, including, i think, a nice mrigal based on the bubbles which popped on the spot. I would have absolutely loved to stay on, but i had to get back to Pune, so i left at around 5, just when the fish were starting to bite :cry:

Just a few pictures. The float always seems to dip only when your doing something else so, so i didnt click too many.

Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image

P.S. Ali caught some very big fish yesterday, the day which i had originally planned to come on :cry:, including a 6 kg khalbouse and a 4 kg hybrid i think. To think what i missed...

All in all, a thoroughly fun and exciting trip, the company and scenery were unmatched. Even the boatman was telling me about how generous and good a person Ali is on the way back ;) I cannot convey how much i enjoyed myself, and next time hopefully ill get a real whopper. Thank you again IA, and especially Ali Bhai and Junior Ali for a day well spent !

Last edited by Mukundh on Fri Jun 04, 2010 11:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2009 12:00 pm 
Fishaholic

good going there mukund....
im sure you must have learned a lot of tips from freshwater Guru.
wish you all the best for your future trips..

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2009 1:20 pm 
Enlightened

Mukund

the joy on your face says it all. You surely could not start better than under the tutelage of the legendary Ali bhai! Congratulations on your new rod.

All the best

Lakhyaman

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2009 1:50 pm 
Fishaholic

Hi everybody !
last week only i send you PM( to Mukund) when you said you were bussy in studies as exam were going on. very happy to see your report on the experince at powai lake and that too with legandary master Ali bhai. Even i am free after my duty as "election observer" for couple of booths. I was given a place called as "Babhulsar" in shirur taluka. Near the booths just adjecent rever bhima was flowing. I saw a fisherman with a big Net in the village this tempted me i wanted to accompanig him or at least see him fishing , but due to the nature of duty assigned could not do so. I do visited the rever but the sand mafia diging sand was a sad viw. however the host who was taking our care managed to feed me fresh catch of fish for lunch Ha Ha :lol: lovely asali village food. Hope to do fishing with you soon at pune and learn from you, the "Gyan" you gaind from Ali bhai.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2009 2:07 pm 
Fishaholic

It was a plasure fishing with you Mukundh :P

The joy and excitement you showed while fishing was something which reminded me of my past.

There will come a time when you will become an accomplished angler and will not even target what fishes you are catching now. Try and remember the joy you now experience. This is the true spirit of angling.

As you left I hooked a 10lbs rohu which gave me a fight like a mini submarine. Wish you were there then...

Until next time.. :D

Regards,

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2009 2:35 pm 

Lol. That just isnt fait :'( Cant wait for next time :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2009 11:07 am 
Fishaholic

Hi Mukundh,

That was a nice report. The pics were great too.

Ali Bhai,
We shall meet in november but I will miss the powai action as I will be in a tight schedule there. Maybe the next visit after November.

Cheers,
Apoo

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2009 11:42 am 
Fishaholic

congraulations mukundh for not only your fishing in powai but with the man himself, our very own Ali bhai...

regards,
prasad

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2009 12:41 pm 
Fishaholic

congrats on your first catch, you look on top of the world

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2009 11:36 pm 

Not my first catch, but it was fun :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2009 1:01 am 
Fishaholic

angler_ali wrote:
There will come a time when you will become an accomplished angler and will not even target what fishes you are catching now. ,

Ali, don’t say that.. you know we all have a bad run.. even the big pain gobi is welcome in such times :lol: :lol: .. what looks like a rohu bite turns out to be a crab (ask Fred) :twisted: .. but then that is fishing... Mr. M'kund, Ali is a best tutor of Angling, consider yourself very lucky.

Santosh