->

INDIANANGLER

India fishing forum for all the information you require on angling, equipment, locations and trip reports.
It is currently Mon Dec 11, 2017 5:55 am

All times are UTC+05:30

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2009 6:35 pm 

Hi Buddies.

Last Sunday ( 2nd Aug) was spend on a fishing expedition on the Krishna River, the distance from Hyd was approx 170 kms, started at 1.00 am drove all the way to reach Jarula Reservior very early morning, the entire party consisting my friends Salim & Iqbal Bhai, started casting in the right earnest but to no luck, the back flow from the reservior was heavy ( we were down stream) facing the menancing looking gates, suddenly at around 8.00 am we heard a Siren Blew Up, some one shouted RUNNN,, the gates are going to be opened!!!! every soul ran to reach a safe height, gates did open but those were on the further side of the dam wall. Since the flow was heavy we could not hook a single fish( the fish to must be in a daze..), we then moved to another adjacent location a smaller dam some 15 kms down the river, still no luck....finally we drove to a place known as Beachpally on the main Hyd - Bangalore Highway, we took a side turn from the newly build express way and virtually come down below the bridge, on the second cast with my new Shimano Rod I got a strike and landed a CAT ( Pattan), so that was it, some consolation for all the distance travelled, but thats what makes the game of fishing all the more exciting, you never know, well the plans are already a float for the next trip next sunday, this FISHING CLUB of mine is guys who Think Fish/ Live Fish/ Smell Fish/Follow Fish,, so friends wish us luck the next time we plunge ourselves into water with fish waiting for us..... :lol: :lol: :lol: [url][URL=http://img193.imageshack.us/i/fishingatkrishnariver.jpg/]Image[/url][/url]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2009 7:11 pm 
Fishaholic

Great going mate. It's all about the trying and then about the number of fish. Sounds preachy I know but then we all have had these days.

We used to fish a dam / bund and honestly we used to wait for them to open the gates. Fish are better swimmers than you imagine and they instinctively go up stream (there is more food with the smaller fish being swept down). Some of the biggest mulley I have seen have been caught from the mouth of a gate. Check it out next time.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2009 12:55 am 
Fishaholic

well said Ken... and we should do our share up here too... :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2009 11:17 am 

Hi

Can you tell what bait did you used. It will be be useful since i have also been trying for past 2 sundays trying fishing at a dam with live baits i.e earthworms, chicken liver, atta etc without any significant results.

Wills

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2009 11:46 am 
Fishaholic

Great catch.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2009 6:08 pm 
Fishaholic

Great Going Buddy....Keep up the Effort.... :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2009 9:31 pm 

Hi William,

We were fishing by spoons, no bait was used. The spoons are entirely an innovation by our guru Mr Iqbal.

Regards,

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2009 11:21 am 
Fishaholic

Hi,

Please see the spoon in the following thread. This works for both snakeheads and catfish.

http://www.indianangler.com/viewtopic.php?t=2194

In case you're unable to get it done please do pm me. I will try to organize it for you guys.

Regards
Salim