->

INDIANANGLER

India fishing forum for all the information you require on angling, equipment, locations and trip reports.
It is currently Sun Nov 19, 2017 5:11 am

All times are UTC+05:30

Post subject: fishing location
PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2009 1:00 pm 
Enlightened

hi all,

can anybody please advice me where would be the best location to fish in this river. Its the chalakudy river pict attached.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2009 5:16 pm 
Fishaholic

Hi Aloo,

If i was you I would try and walk/boat the stretch first and look for any features that may hold fish. Look for features as shallow rocky bars, deep eddies, overhanging trees, water current changes etc. Any feature that is different from the majority of the river will draw your quarry so start there. e.g an island may provide cover for baitfish and in turn be a good ambush point for predators. Chuck your lure here and hey presto!!

Looking at the photo i would head to the corner to begin with as the river's flow will have left and interesting cross section, deeper on the outside and shallower on the inside. Here there also seems to be a small stream flowing in from the southern side, along with the small islands mid river which are all good features to fish.

Take a mental note of where you catch any fish and whether the spot is associated with a particular feature. Quickly you will learn to 'read' the water and know the best places to fish..

Hope this helps a little,

All the best,

Scott

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2009 6:41 pm 
Fishaholic

first find out where poachers have not used dynamite, this river is regularly blasted especially in the upper and mid reaches.