->

INDIANANGLER

India fishing forum for all the information you require on angling, equipment, locations and trip reports.
It is currently Tue Sep 19, 2017 7:07 pm

All times are UTC+05:30

Post subject: jaigarh
PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2009 1:42 pm 
Fishaholic

in monsoons ,,can any one give me idea of fishing in jaigarh near ratnagiri...what do u get in monsoon or other wise...like the bait used in monsoon,,what type of fish u get there ,,,has anyone done trolling there...please help me :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2009 2:11 pm 
Fishaholic

Dear M'Tiger,

The tiger is already on verge of extinction, you cannot risk your life like that :x :x :evil: [smilie=damn.gif] .. mate, I wont suggest anyone to troll close to the rocks in Monsoon .. the weather can change very quickly… suggest you try bait fishing (sardines) from the jetty. You can catch MJ, groupers, Small GT’s ……. If it’s raining, you can also catch cold. [smilie=headfuck.gif]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2009 8:30 pm 
Fishaholic

hi santosh,,
thanks ,,for ur respose..hav u fished personally in jaigarh...what about places away from jetty...some guy told me u get 7to 8 kg red snapper there..and i am think trolling in september..hav u trolled there..do give ome respose....
merwyn :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2009 11:07 am 
Fishaholic

santosh wrote:
Dear M'Tiger,

The tiger is already on verge of extinction, you cannot risk your life like that :x :x :evil: [smilie=damn.gif] .. mate, I wont suggest anyone to troll close to the rocks in Monsoon .. the weather can change very quickly… suggest you try bait fishing (sardines) from the jetty. You can catch MJ, groupers, Small GT’s ……. If it’s raining, you can also catch cold. [smilie=headfuck.gif]

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2009 1:37 pm 
Fishaholic

:? :? :lol: ]

Post subject: Re: jaigarh
PostPosted: Sun Jun 07, 2009 1:35 pm 
Fishaholic

MERWYNTIGER wrote:
in monsoons ,,can any one give me idea of fishing in jaigarh near ratnagiri...what do u get in monsoon or other wise...like the bait used in monsoon,,what type of fish u get there ,,,has anyone done trolling there...please help me :lol:

Hi Mervyn,
As Santosh suggested.. The sea is just too rough to try any casting from rocks... & trolling is a definate "NO".. BTW Jaigarh is a good place to go Angling... So hold your horses till the end of the rainy season(It will definately be worth the wait)..
Oh, and Just out of curiosity... Why go all the way to Ratnagiri.. when you are already living in the fishing paradise?? :)

Cheers,
Madhur.

Post subject: Re: jaigarh
PostPosted: Sun Jun 07, 2009 6:35 pm 
Fishaholic

madhurh1 wrote:
MERWYNTIGER wrote:

Hi Mervyn,
As Santosh suggested.. The sea is just too rough to try any casting from rocks... & trolling is a definate "NO".. BTW Jaigarh is a good place to go Angling... So hold your horses till the end of the rainy season(It will definately be worth the wait)..
Oh, and Just out of curiosity... Why go all the way to Ratnagiri.. when you are already living in the fishing paradise?? :)

Cheers,
Madhur.

hi mervyn
even i am wondering i thought goa is an explosive place for fishing you should try some thing on the estuaries there . I know for fact that Santo is on expert on these area and monsoon is definitely a no no for the simple fact that sea is really too unpredictable but September sounds a good time any way bait fishing sound ok if you know the rocks or a particular jetty :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2009 7:44 pm 
Fishaholic

try bahte beach.... any auto guy in ratnagiri will tell u....
on the way to the beach there a bridge - that's a good spot too....
u'll find a tackle in any local shop there which oval in shape n has v shaped hooks on all sides - this glows in the dark.... the locals use it to catch a fish called maakul....

all the best....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2009 8:19 pm 
Fishaholic

Hi Tenex,

Maakul is not a fish it is a cephalopod just like squids and octopus, all mollusks belong to this group. Maakul is a cuttlefish, very tasty. Catching squid and cuttlefish is a popular pastime here in Hong Kong, we have a variety of jigs here to catch them.

Bobby

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2009 11:58 am 
Fishaholic

hey bobby,

thanx, i don't know that....
had a project in ratnagiri for about 3 months.... that's when i got this info.... is it true that the 'maakul' leaves out ink like substance like the octopus....

regards,
pranav....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2009 2:19 pm 
Fishaholic

Yes that is true, the ink is a defense mechanism used to cloud the water and confuse a predator. So when you catch one of them they can squirt this ink on you.

You also need to take out the ink sac when you clean them for the pot. However, the ink is also used in cooking, in some pasta dishes.