->

INDIANANGLER

India fishing forum for all the information you require on angling, equipment, locations and trip reports.
It is currently Mon Nov 20, 2017 7:42 am

All times are UTC+05:30

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2009 8:46 pm 
Fishaholic

Friends,

I had not gone for angling for quite some time due to work pressures (Both Domestic and Professional). So, when Mr. Rajat Dada phoned me on last Thursday and invited me to join him and Mr. Ali, I was delighted. I postponed all my other work and decided to spend the week end somewhere on West Coast of India. Abhijeet had given us info and suggested that we should hire a small boat for trolling from one of his aquaintences. Abhijeet, however, exxpressed his inability to accompany us due to exigencies at work place.

Later on I was pleased to know that Santosh too was coming. We left Mumbai on Friday night in Abby's vehicle. Though I had read Abby's few posts in I.A, I had not met him personally so far. So it was nice to add Abby in my Friends List.

Abby drove all along. The discussions on this fine Sport and each one's stories as to how he was attracted to this, kept all of us away from dosing and we did'nt know how the time passed and we reached our destination early in the morning when the eastern sky was just coming out of the darkness slowly.

The Full tide was at around 07.30 Hrs. After the Morning Ablutions, we prepared ourselves for Morning trolling session. The person with a boat was contacted and we started trolling while it was still dark. Five persons trolling on one boat was a bit tricky. As the Sun appeared on Eastern sky slowly, we could see the shoreline clearly, which was so far not visible due to darkness.

We wished each other 'Tight Lines'. Soon it was Santosh who got the first hit and we (Four of us) retrieved our lines from water to allow Santosh to fight his fish. It was MJ and he gave a good fight. Santosh landed his first fish of the day. Next, it was Abby who got the strike and he too landed a nice MJ. It was my turn next to get a hit, but suddenly the fish was successful in throwing the lure and I lost it. Next, only Santosh and Abby were getting hits. Santosh landed 4 MJs and Abby had landed 2 MJs. It was now around 0830 Hrs. and we decided to return back. The boatman incresed the speed of boat. All of us except Abby, removed our lures from water as we thought this speed would be too much for a fish to go for the pray. However, to our surprise, Abby suddenly shouted "Got it"! His reel was singing and the Fish was on the run! The boat man reduced the speed. The fish was giving a good fight and soon it appeared near surface. It was a pleasant surprise to see that it was a 'Finger Mark' of a decent size, a beauty. We wanted to release it but boat man pleaded not to release it. Thus, it was a 'nice and Fishfull' morning session.

After a nice cool bath and lunch at a restaurant we had few hours of sleep in the afternoon. Every one was tired, especially Abby, who had driven all along in the night.

We went for evening trolling session at 17.00 Hrs. As we started Trolling, it was Ali's turn to get his first hit and to everyone's awe, a Baramundi rose out from water vertically and shook its head wildly and threw the lure out! Thus Ali lost his Baramundi! Immediatly, Santosh too got a strike and again it was a Baramundi this time. Santosh fought for few minutes, but again this one too was lost.

After about 30 minutes, again Santosh got a good hit and Santosh Shouted 'Chondak'! (the vernacular name for Baramundi). This time it was hooked properly and after a good fight when Santosh brought it near boat, it tried to go under the Boat but Santosh expertly prevented it to do so and landed the fish in Boat. After wards, Santosh had caught some more MJs, a Rock Cod and one small Grouper. We released Grouper, one MJ and Rock Cod. Rajat, Ali and myself were the ones who had not opened the account on first day. All in all, it was a good and enjoyable day.

We had a nice Dinner at the sea shore. The food was cooked by one of the Fisherman who offers lodging and boarding to travelers. We decided to go again for Trolling next day in the morning at 05.00 Hrs and turned in. It was very hot in the night in the room where we stayed.

Day 2:

Santosh and me got up at 04.30 Hrs. and woke up others. But Ali and Rajat preffered to abstain themselves from Morning Trolling Session and decided to sleep. So, Abby, Santosh and me got ready and proceeded for Trolling. We boarded the boat at 05.30 hrs. The sea was calm and there was no wind.

Soon after the Sun Rays hit the water, we started getting hits. Again, it was Santosh to get day's first strike. It was a good size MJ and weighed 2.25 kg. Now it was my turn to get a hit and I landed a 1 kg MJ. Soon Abby too got a hit and landed a 1.75 kg MJ. After that I got a hit again and landed a bigger MJ weighing 2.0 kg. So my score was 2. Santosh was the one to get maximum strikes. Abby too got one more MJ. Suddenly it started raining and we had about 45 minutes of showers. We started returning back to shore at 0815 hrs, when suddenly, Santosh got a good hit and it was again a MJ that weighed 2.25 kg. The total catch was 8 MJs. We released one.

After landing on shore, we went for a shower and breakfast at Lodge. Ali Bhai and Rajat were still sleeping. After a shower and a good Breakfast consisting of Poha and Bread & Omlette, we were recharged and decided to do some spinning on the rocks.

We started spinning at 10.30 Hrs. I put a Blue Rapala Ex RAP. There were no strikes coming for about 45 minutes. So I changed my lure and put up a 'Rapala Fire Tiger'. On second cast I got a strike and I landed one MJ of around half a Kilo. I immediately released it.

After couple of casts, again I got a big hit and this time it was a good size MJ and it gave a very good fight. I landed it carefully as I was on a High Rock and distance between water and my rock was about 10 feet vertically. Santosh came running towards me and grabbed the line and told me to be careful. But in my excitement, I foolishly grabbed the Lure and in a splitt of a second the tail side 'Treble Hook' pierced my Right Hand middle finger. I thoufgt I could remove it by pulling it gently and so tried it too. But it gave a jerk of pain. I realized that the hook had gone much dipper and the 'Barb' was preventing it from coming out from my finger. Santosh called everyone and Ali and him tried to cut the hook with a Plier. However, the Plier that we had, was not good enough to cut that No. 4X hook and moreover, their attempt to do so was giving me sever pain. Surprisingly there was no profuse bleeding and that gave me some respite.

Ali Bhai then very expertly disengaged the Treble Hook from the Fire Tiger by removing it from the Ring. This corrective action of Mr. Ali gave me lot of relief, because now the pain, that was due to hanging Lure from my finger had totally vanished. Now there was only a light treble hook attached to my middle finger. It reduced the pain to great extent and I was relieved!

We decided to release this MJ who had hooked me in return while fighting with me on my own teritory ', the Land, with full Valor! Ali Bhai released the brave MJ with an expertize giving a good demonstration as to how one should release a fish with to and fro gentle motion to make it comfortable.

We decided to pack up and visit a Physician in the village in order to get the treble hook removed from my finger. Luckily, our enquiry for availability of a Medical Doctor in that small village and that too on Sunday, led us to a very competent Medcal Practitioner whose dispensary was open on Sunday!

He gave me a local Anaesthesia and then took a small cut and removed the treble. I felt no pain at all. He dressed the wound and gave one ATS injection and prescribed some tablets. We thanked the Doctor and proceeded to the lodge for a cool shower and a lunch and a return back to Mumbai.

So, Friends, I have tried to share with you all, the joy we got and give you a First Hand Information about our trip as well. It was a fantastic trip and everyone of us enjoyed every moment in this trip.

I am posting few pics of our trip in this Forum for sharing with you all, the moments of our Joy!

Regards,

Arun

Very Happy Very HappyImage

Last edited by arun.mohile on Wed Apr 08, 2009 1:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2009 8:54 pm 
Fishaholic

Mr Mohile i think you posted the same topic twice...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2009 9:10 pm 
Fishaholic

Tathagat, Yes, I posted it twice because in first post I could not host the pictures successfully and hence I posted it once again with pics.

Regards,

Arun

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2009 10:25 pm 
Fishaholic

arun.mohile wrote:
Tathagat, Yes, I posted it twice because in first post I could not host the pictures successfully and hence I posted it once again with pics.

Regards,
Arun

Delete the other one... :D this one is better with the Pics and all.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2009 10:48 pm 
Fishaholic

Arun Sahib fantastic report and pics absolutely fab it was really a great experience apart from the hook incident which also turned out to be a lesson for all of us. I think it is was a trip all of us remeber for a long time with such a marvelous company and fishing . Looking forward to for a similiar trip soon. with three cheers to Santosh (Champion of the trip :D ),abbey you and Ali [smilie=coolup.gif] [smilie=coolup.gif] [smilie=coolup.gif]
Regards
Rajat

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2009 5:15 am 
Fishaholic

Mr Mohile first tell me how did you manage to type such a long report with your damaged finger... :shock: Good show guys now i got to see the pictures from home.....Alibhai and Rajatda there is always a next time.. Game on!!!!!!

Last edited by Tathagata on Wed Apr 08, 2009 7:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2009 8:22 am 
Fishaholic

Looks like a great trip guys. Couple of things..

I have noticed that Blue is the colour that works least inshore..it does work well with GT's though.

Always carry a good wire cutter, if you need to remove the hook you first need to push the hook through then clip the barb end off and pull it back out. If you do not happen to have a wire cutter handy and have to go to a doctor to get it out, don't let the doctor make an additional cut, after the anesthetic drive it through and get him to cut off the barb end and pull it off. For some reason most of doctors in India do not do this and need to be told how it should be done.

I have had this happen to me and have performed this operation at least 3 times on others without anesthetics.

Make sure you take your tetanus shot though.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2009 8:44 am 
Fishaholic

Bobby, Thanks very much indeed for your valuable tips.

The problem with most of the doctors is they do not want any suggestions from patients. They would always say ' I know my job'. Only when a Doctor is himself an Angler, then he would appreciate the technique you have suggested. I do hope there are doctors in our Forum and they should spread this suggestion to their doctor friends.

Yes, I have taken an Anti Tetanus Shot.

Thanks and Regards,

:-)

Arun

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2009 9:07 am 
Fishaholic

Hi Arun,

It's your body mate, you must tell them how you want it done, especially when you know your way is better. Doctors can be a condescending bunch and must be brought down a notch or two sometimes. But a lot of the younger doctors I have met are pretty open to suggestion and I am sure they will comply if they see the logic in your idea. (Unless the doctors do not have something to cut your hook with, then I guess they are justified).

There is another option as Ken L suggested some time ago, go barb-less.

Bobby

P.S. The Docs on IA are a bunch of very nice guys :oops: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: understanding, good looking, patient, open minded, intelligent, brilliant, resourceful, proactive and have a great bedside manner from what I have heard.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2009 9:17 am 
Fishaholic

Great report Mr. Arun. ... :D

Guys the trip was fantastic. [smilie=coolup.gif] .. I am in love with the place, I have never seen fish hit the lures so hard. ...Terrific fighters.

Bobby, from what I have found, blue deep divers on groupers are also very productive.

Santosh

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2009 10:01 am 
Fishaholic

Great report! I felt part of the trip.

Take care of the finger. Bobby is right. The best way to get a hook out is to push the barb out from the other side. First hand experience. And always carry a good wire cutter.

Cheers and thanks.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2009 10:33 am 
Fishaholic

Bobby wrote:
Hi Arun,

Bobby

P.S. The Docs on IA are a bunch of very nice guys :oops: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: understanding, good looking, patient, open minded, intelligent, brilliant, resourceful, proactive and have a great bedside manner from what I have heard.

Hi Bobby April 1st has gone past. Dont fool around with the guys
Ravi

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2009 11:23 am 
Fishaholic

Very nice report
seems you had a blast...
can we have a picture of finger mark....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2009 11:38 am 
Fishaholic

There are several pictures of the Finger Mark in the first 3 pictures, and the 4th and 5th picture. It is the first fish from the left.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2009 11:41 am 
Fishaholic

ravinp58 wrote:
Bobby wrote:
Hi Arun,

Hi Bobby April 1st has gone past. Dont fool around with the guys
Ravi

What? :wink: You looking for some free medicine or something? :lol: :lol: :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2009 11:49 am 
Fishaholic

Thanks bobby
i thought that was an MJ with fadded color :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2009 12:15 pm 
Fishaholic

Fabulous report Mr. Mohile. Going through the report I once again enjoyed the full trip except the pain and suffering of trolling on a rickety boat, littered with net, boxes, cans and what not, the pain of inhaling the fumes of tom tom engine, the pain of a fish dangling from your hand and the hook penetrating deeper and deeper with every movement :roll: . Myself turning blue with a piercing headache :cry: . These were also the moments which should be remembered along the joy of conquering the unknown, getting hits, seeing a Barra performing a head dance on the surface and then loosing it, experience the numbness of mind and shivering of limbs after landing a beauty of a fish (Abby :P …you remember the Finger Mark :lol: :lol: ), marvel the graceful movement of the fish, swimming away after you release it. This is the complete package which makes angling such a joy.

As you said, there is alwase a next time and rest assure we will be spinning soon enough together again. Congratulation to you all on landing those fishes especially to Abby and Santosh. :lol:
Bobby wrote:
Always carry a good wire cutter, if you need to remove the hook you first need to push the hook through then clip the barb end off and pull it back out. If you do not happen to have a wire cutter handy and have to go to a doctor to get it out, don't let the doctor make an additional cut, after the anesthetic drive it through and get him to cut off the barb end and pull it off. For some reason most of doctors in India do not do this and need to be told how it should be done.

Bobby, sorry but I differ with you on the above point. Doctor is a professional and one should never interfere with a professional. Your point could be valid for some cases but can not be treated as a rule. In case of Mr. Mohile, the hook had penetrated parallel to the bone and could have caused lot of tissue damage if we had tried to remove it as you suggested. The doctor in question was a very competent young lad and he did a very fine job of removing the hook with smallest of incision. It is not to start an argument and I am only mentioning this so as no one will aggravate his or someone else injury in case of hook penetration. The best way will be to remove the lure from split ring so as to minimize movement of hook and then go to a doctor, as soon as possible.

Regards,

Ali

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2009 1:02 pm 
Fishaholic

Hi Ali,

Yes you may be right, I did not see the injury and I am no doctor, but fish hook penetrations in hand are very common and almost never serious. I had a 4/0 treble hook taken out of my thumb, it had penetrated the lower half first Proximal Phalanx region parallel to the bone pretty deep and it was taken out in exactly the same way. It is the most commonly recommended way to take out a hook from the hand everywhere. Human Skin is pretty tough. Of course you cannot take out a single with barbs on the shank in this manner, you would then cut the hook below the eye.

Check out this link guys: http://www.aafp.org/afp/20010601/2231.html

Bobby

Post subject: Hi
PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2009 6:22 pm 
Enlightened

Hi Arun,
Nice report, looks like you'll had a good time, except you too got hooked.
I could imagine how you spend the time carrying the hook around...... was it right or left hand....just joking. Thanks God - everything went on well. Good luck to you and your friends.
Regards,
Ronald

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2009 1:30 pm 
Fishaholic

Thanks very much Ali, Bobby, Hozefa, Mahaseerken,Rajat, Ranny,Santosh and Tathatgat for your words of appreciation on my Trip Report.

I have just now edited the snaps and hosted a better photograph of Santosh's baramundi held horizontally.

For Hozefa, I am hosting a photograph of 'Finger Mark'. Incidentally, The 'Finger Mark' has a very prominent big black spot near its tail. This spot, however, disappears once the fish dies. I could not take any photographs on Boat as I did not carry my camera on Boat. As I feared the fate of my valuable camera on boat, as there was such a mess of nets, tins, wooden planks, trash etc. that one was not able to stand properly. My camera sure would have damaged if I had a fall in boat while taking a snap.

P.S: Both the photographs are of same fish that was landed by Abby and had given him a tough fight.

Regards,

Arun

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2009 7:53 pm 
Fishaholic

Hey.. the hook story is getting into a debate... I guess it’s got to do with individual pain threshold and where the hook is logged…
Santosh do you remember this hook. :D

http://img218.imageshack.us/img218/3920/sdc11143p.jpg

I know you haven’t forgiven me for what happened…. :oops:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2009 9:14 pm 
Fishaholic

Fingermarks are same as Lhasa's in local name, right?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2009 9:39 pm 
Fishaholic

nice report arun .... Looks like you guys had a great time

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2009 9:40 pm 
Fishaholic

Hi Guys,
Good show, and Arun an interesting account of the trip.
Yes, Lasha is the local name for Fingermarks.
Syd.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2009 11:02 pm 
Fishaholic

Tathagata wrote:
Santosh do you remember this hook. :D

http://img218.imageshack.us/img218/3920/sdc11143p.jpg

I know you haven’t forgiven me for what happened…. :oops:

Yup, I remember every thing ... it was 1st weekend of May, the 4 x strong 4/0 hook. , full night journey, sleepy Tavera driver, pre monsoon showers.. night long boozing, lack of sleep and then hits every min. in the first 30 mins of trolling.. crazy stuff .. :lol: :lol: :lol:

We got nice tide on May 2nd and 3rd... shall we..?? :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2009 12:36 am 
Fishaholic

santosh wrote:
Tathagata wrote:
We got nice tide on May 2nd and 3rd... shall we..?? :wink:

Sure.... :twisted: :twisted:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2009 10:47 am 
Fishaholic

Hi Arun and fellow anglers,
Congratulations for the amazing catch. Hook incidence happening the second time so lets all learn from it. It seems you guys had a real blast. A very nice write up by Arun Mohile. My hands are shivering. You lucky guys. Anyways congrats again and happy fishing.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2009 2:20 pm 
Fishaholic

spoonangler wrote:
My hands are shivering. .

Latest report is that the weather is bad.. lot of wind, even the big boats are not going out.. :twisted: :twisted:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2009 2:29 pm 
Fishaholic

angler_ali wrote:
except the pain and suffering of trolling on a rickety boat, the pain of inhaling the fumes of tom tom engine, ... Myself turning blue ...Ali

I know how difficult life on a boat at times can be :cry: .. but all this was needed for the perfect ground baiting .. :twisted:

Thanks Ali.. [smilie=huggles.gif]

Santosh :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2009 2:50 pm 
Fishaholic

santosh wrote:
angler_ali wrote:
except the pain and suffering of trolling on a rickety boat, the pain of inhaling the fumes of tom tom engine, ... Myself turning blue ...Ali

I know how difficult life on a boat at times can be :cry: .. but all this was needed for the perfect ground baiting .. :twisted:

Thanks Ali.. [smilie=huggles.gif]

Santosh :lol:

And one lure less in the water.... :wink: :lol: :lol: :twisted:

Untill next time.... :twisted:

Regards,

Ali.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2009 3:18 pm 
Fishaholic

angler_ali wrote:
Untill next time.... :twisted: Ali.

I like that... [smilie=hellyeah.gif] [smilie=hellyeah.gif]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2009 10:35 pm 
Fishaholic

Hi Spoonangler,

Many Thanks for the compliments. Yes, we had a whale of a time. Missed you though. Hope the weather improves soon.

Regards,

Arun

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2009 1:55 am 
Fishaholic

Nice fishes and a very nice report Arun :)

Regards,
Binu

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2009 7:20 am 
Fishaholic

Thanks Binu,

How is angling around Pennysylvania? Share your pics and reports.

Regards,

Arun

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2009 11:08 pm 
Fishaholic

Hi Mr. Mohile,
A fabulous trip and a great report!!.. Just last night had a first hand chance to hear from Abbey.. about the fights those MJ's put up... Sorry to know about the hook incident. But I guess the trip was still well worth it.Looking forward to more such fishing reports in the future(minus the self hooking part.. of course!!)

Regards,
Madhur.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2009 12:06 am 
Fishaholic

Hi Madhur,

Thanks for your post. Every fish has its day! So This time the Fish hooked a Fisherman. The fish gave a good fight in water as well as in land, so I released it and wished him a long life.

Regards,

Arun :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2009 11:41 am 
Fishaholic

madhurh1 wrote:
Hi Mr. Mohile,
A fabulous trip and a great report!!.. Just last night had a first hand chance to hear from Abbey.. about the fights those MJ's put up... Sorry to know about the hook incident. But I guess the trip was still well worth it.Looking forward to more such fishing reports in the future(minus the self hooking part.. of course!!)

Regards,
Madhur.

I think you are joining us for the next trip..
Regards,

Ali [smilie=coolup.gif]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2009 12:55 pm 
Fishaholic

angler_ali wrote:

I think you are joining us for the next trip..
Regards,

Ali [smilie=coolup.gif]

:p

I am speechless..

time to collect some trolling gear. [smilie=fixtit.gif]

Regards,
Madhur.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2009 2:23 pm 

Hi Mr arun,
Im sure the fingers just fine by now. It was indeed a pleasure to meet u , and am really looking forward to doing this trip again really soon( provided the rain gods permit us)... Nice report , nice pictures, in all i think it was a wonderfull experience , and learnt alot about trolling...
It was a nice group that made it so special ,Mr Ali as usual goes all out to make everybody comfortable and Rajat dada always encouraging . So was santosh who lent me his lure , which i caught all the fish with. and u Mr Arun, u were the fittest person in the group!!!
so guys thanks for a wonderfull trip , hope im invited on the following trips.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2009 5:46 pm 
Fishaholic

madhurh1 wrote:
I am speechless..

time to collect some trolling gear. [smilie=fixtit.gif]

Regards,
Madhur.

don't worry about the trolling gear partner just take out some time [smilie=coolup.gif]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2009 7:42 pm 
Fishaholic

Hi Abbey,

Thanks very much indeed for your compliments. The finger is absolutely normal now and I have removed the bandage as well. The wound healed quite fast. Thanks to the Doctor at the village.

I am impressed by your driving, especially during that night from Mumbai to the fishing destination.

I am not fit on that count as I can not drive facing the glare coming from opposite vehicles. So I do not drive in night any more.

It was nice meeting you and we shall surely go on many more fishing trips in future.

Keep in touch.*** Do not post your contact on the forum **** As promised, I shall give you a CD with all the pics I have taken (Not resized as you wished).

Regards,

Arun

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2009 8:34 pm 
Fishaholic

hey abbey .. you seem familiar ..

have u sung songs for the hindi film industry..

theres this number in which esha koppikar is there ..

was'nt the vocals you ... the khallas number...

sorry if this is a case of mistaken identity...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2009 11:10 am 

hamour wrote:

Yes my friend , that was some time ago, have changed the nature of my work now. As u see , im in the fishing business :lol: and if i pursue it harder , i might even have a new wife, cause this ones gonna divorce me soon :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2009 3:12 pm 
Fishaholic

abbey wrote:
hamour wrote:

Yes my friend , that was some time ago, have changed the nature of my work now. As u see , im in the fishing business :lol: and if i pursue it harder , i might even have a new wife, cause this ones gonna divorce me soon :lol:

Khallaasssss :twisted: :twisted:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2009 2:07 pm 
Fishaholic

abbey wrote:
As u see , im in the fishing business :lol: and if i pursue it harder , i might even have a new wife, cause this ones gonna divorce me soon :lol:

That's after she kills the jerk that started it all..

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2009 2:32 pm 
Fishaholic

rajatmukherje wrote:
don't worry about the trolling gear partner just take out some time [smilie=coolup.gif]

Hey Rajat, Thanks so much partner.. But I am planning on collecting at least some basic deep diving lures before commencing any such trip. I currently have a few basic Yozuri sinking lures, but I doubt if they will be any good as the colours are way too unnatural.. Shall pick up some storm's when I visit goa next time.Or may be the rapala CD mags.

Regards,
Madhur.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2009 2:43 pm 
Fishaholic

Madhur avoid rapala CD mags they are not so good in the waters we fish usually . I think Rapala x rap mag 20 or even 30 would do a better job. PM is on way :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2009 6:08 pm 
Fishaholic

Hi Mr. Arun,

Nice reports and nice pics too. Hope your finger is fine now.

Cheers,
Apoo

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2009 7:55 pm 
Fishaholic

Arun,

It was a good read and thanks for sharing the story.

Cheers to everyone for catching some nice fish.
And Double Cheers to Arun for landing fishing from the rocks and taking it easy on the wounded finger.

Is that the fluoro that was Santosh's magic for more hits :)

PS: Gone fishing with Binu last weekend and it is still kind of little cool here to fish all night long.
We had a good time though. Hoping to get some fish pretty soon :)

Cheers,
Maruthu

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2009 8:24 pm 
Fishaholic

Thanks very much, Maruthu,

Do share your catch and trip report with I.A. Guys.

Regards,

Arun