->

INDIANANGLER

India fishing forum for all the information you require on angling, equipment, locations and trip reports.
It is currently Thu Dec 14, 2017 7:59 am

All times are UTC+05:30

Post subject: Hyderabad Locations
PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2009 6:29 pm 

please add your experience under the following locations, around Hyderabad the list as to my knowledge if any one can add to it welcome

1. Pragathi nagar

2. Mir Alam

3. Kotpally

4. Nagarjuna sagar

5. Masai pet

6. Gatkesar

7. Musi

8. Singoor

9. Manjeera

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2009 3:19 pm 

Hi IJAHTNAS,

Thanks for your uselful info on water bodies around hyderabad, while I know about the rest, can you pls let me know about Kotpally/ Pragati Nagar/Masai Pet. I am based at Hyd for the last few years so still naive about the locales.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2009 4:18 pm 

Can you post the Co-ordinates of these locations from Google earth or Maps.

I'd like to add

1) Himayat Sagar
http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&ll=17.3 ... 55747&z=15

2) Osman Sagar
http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&ll=17.3 ... 55747&z=15

3) Durgam Cheruvu
http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&ll=17.4 ... 27874&z=16

There are very big Carp in Durgam Cehruvu around 15-20 KG and also some real big Fresh Water Black Eeels which are almost impossible to catch with rods.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2009 6:23 pm 

Hi Luqman, I have been to Durgam Cehruvu and I dont think there are big carps in that lake and moreover the water is contaminated with sewage, so if you catch any fish do not eat.

Catching eels is fun, I mostly caught them near the water fall, in the rocks. My biggest one was over half a meter. They usually bite on a big ball of worms.

Did you try that little lake around Gachi Bowli, there are lots of Carps and Snakeheads.

If you know any good locations around Hyderabad within the 50-60 Kms, please let me know. Or maybe we could go together sometime, what say?

Thanks,
Ali

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2009 11:04 am 

mimbership wrote:
Hi Luqman, I have been to Durgam Cehruvu and I dont think there are big carps in that lake and moreover the water is contaminated with sewage, so if you catch any fish do not eat.

Catching eels is fun, I mostly caught them near the water fall, in the rocks. My biggest one was over half a meter. They usually bite on a big ball of worms.

Did you try that little lake around Gachi Bowli, there are lots of Carps and Snakeheads.

If you know any good locations around Hyderabad within the 50-60 Kms, please let me know. Or maybe we could go together sometime, what say?

Thanks,
Ali

Hi Ali,

Its been more than a year I fished in Durgam Cheruvu. The water will be clean after rains(not while rains) and is ideal for fishing. Where did u catch eels? In Durgam Cheruvu?

The little lake around Gachibowli ur referring to is HUDA lake I guess? also known as Khajaguda Cheruvu, HUDA gave it on lease to some fishermen and they don't let u fish in that lake, although I sneaked in couple of times ;)

PM me ur contact details, will get in touch when I come down to hyderabad.

Luqman.