->

INDIANANGLER

India fishing forum for all the information you require on angling, equipment, locations and trip reports.
It is currently Fri Sep 22, 2017 8:10 am

All times are UTC+05:30

Post subject: A perfect end to my trip
PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2009 5:06 pm 
Fishaholic

Hi everyone,

After four months spent in India another trip has come to an end but there are more than a few fond memories of fish, beautiful landscape and fantastic people wich made the trip what it was.

After 15 hours of travel on buses and rickshaws i arrived to Powai lake on the 2nd pretty hot and bothered. I need not have worried because as Ali welcomed me to his machan with that warm smile i felt all the stress of the previous day melt away. Ali was already casting a line for gourami so i settled down and took in the lake. we spent a lovely afternoon exchanging fishy experiences from the previous months and discusses potential future trips.

Towards the evening Ali kindly passed me a float rod and we fished for rohu and mirgal. Ali threw groundbait and told me how frustrating the powai fish could be for an angler. I quickly saw what he menat as i failed to conect with bite after bite which Ali put down to liners. Towards the evening we put the rod away and headed over to the club house to say our farewells.

Ali left me with some bait so i headed back to the machan, cast out the feeder rod and settled down to watch the policeman hanging from the line. I couldn't imagine my last day could get any better but then the policeman started to jiggle a little before moving a few inches higher. I tensed up ready for a run. A minute later the piece of dough acting as the indicator flew away and the line screamed from the reel! i grabbed the rod and immediately a fish launched itself from the water in a bid for freedom. After a good fight and some more jumps i finally had my prize in the net. After a snap i released a beautiful 6kg Rohu back into the lake.

I couldn't get the big smile from my face and sleep was near impossible so i fished on into the night but without further bites! what a perfect end to an already amazing day!

Thank you kindly Ali,

best Wishes, Scott

Ps, i'll upload more photos of the kayak trip today to http://.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2009 6:47 pm 
Fishaholic

Very Nice Scott.. :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2009 8:17 pm 
Fishaholic

All the best Scott. Honestly I am going to miss looking out for your next report or the latest rumour about you exploits. Thanks, it has been a wonderful experience just following you around on the net.

Here's to the next adventure you'll take us all on.

Best of luck. And keep pedaling/rowing/walking/fishing and doing all the things you do.

cheers

Kenneth

Last edited by Mahaseerken on Wed Mar 04, 2009 11:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2009 9:22 pm 
Fishaholic

Congrats Scot,

Powai to my little experience has been always kind to guests. Always gives them a gift.

As Ali bhai said it can sometimes get very frustrating, but I was lucky enough to catch 1 after losing many due to bad timing of the strike in my first trip itself. The point is I was getting many bites and I had the leisure to practice on them, combined with getting good guidance from Ali bhai, Bablu bhai & Rajatda.

I have not heard of anyone go disappointed from Powai.

And besides that, wish you all the very best for the future adventures to come. I really marvel your kayak trip.

Cheers,

Sanjay

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2009 2:10 am 
Fishaholic

Nice fish man.
I always wondered what happens when a carp and a mullet get jiggy with it. Now I know.
Sounds like you had a nice chillout at the end of the trip and I'm looking forward to reading the next blog installment.
On the downside, the UK is getting colder again with gale force winds, -4 degrees predicted for tonight and snow showers for the weekend.
Man you're going to feel the cold......

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2009 10:35 am 
Fishaholic

Hi Scott,

Atlast, you landed one beauty of Powai. The acrobatics of Rohu, when hooked is amazing. In india we consider this fish as one of the best fighter. Now to bigger things :idea: , give Catla a thought as you cool your heels in the UK winter.

One more thing, did you used the Powder for hook bait.

And last but not the least, thank you.

Regards,

Ali. :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2009 8:25 pm 

Another nice fishy there Scott :D See you on Saturday. Looking forward to catching up!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2009 3:29 pm 
Fishaholic

Dear Scott
I missed you on your way back home but Ali told me about your day in Powai . I can imagine the satisfaction on catching that Rahu . I am also looking forward to meet you on your next visit hope this time we can do some fishing together . I wish you all the best for your forth coming adventure. I can say enviously what a life [smilie=coolup.gif] [smilie=coolup.gif] [smilie=coolup.gif]
cheers and tight lines mate
Rajat