->

INDIANANGLER

India fishing forum for all the information you require on angling, equipment, locations and trip reports.
It is currently Sun Jan 21, 2018 2:05 pm

All times are UTC+05:30

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2008 7:12 pm 
Fishaholic

Well it is not that i have report some great success or any thing like that in fact almost never posted this but then i remembered a good friend who told me big or small you should share all the fishing experiences because ultimately you caught a fish so here is the story.
The boys called me up from Madh to join them for a season of night fishing as i believe few days ago Abby and Madhur both caught some fish and lost some from the same vicinity (location can not disclose because of secrecy oath)
We reached there and after settling down with some nice bait fishing set up for the in coming tide I was almost loosing the hope but then in 45 min caught three of them some nice size breams and then the next day the boys pulled up some nice quantity of cat fish and me with just one of the breams again .
Unfortunately only the second day Madhur got the camera so i am able to put only one of the fish pics hope Madhur you have taken few more of the cat fish .or please ask one of the boys to mail it too me if they have taken some
cheers :D :D

By rajatmukherje

Last edited by rajatmukherje on Sat Dec 13, 2008 2:14 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2008 7:55 pm 
Fishaholic

Bombay's night life rock.... again.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2008 11:46 pm 
Fishaholic

well thats a good looking fish and a good looking angler too.... :D
nice catch partner... [smilie=coolup.gif]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2008 12:21 am 
Fishaholic

Nice Palu Dada.. [smilie=hellyeah.gif]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2008 1:54 am 
Fishaholic

HI Partner,

Good catch ! nice fish for the pan.

Looks like you were wrestling the fish.....

looking forward to more pics.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2008 10:12 am 
Fishaholic

rajatmukherje wrote:
Abby and Madhur both caught some fish and lost some from the same vicinity (location can not disclose because of secrecy oath)

Cardinal rule 8) you will pay with life if you reveal :lol: :lol: :lol:

Well done mate, that really is a lovely Bream, too bad it is covered with sand so we cannot appreciate it completely.

On what did you take the bream? I do not know if you are aware but they can be taken on small fluro green minnow type lures.

Last edited by Bobby on Fri Nov 21, 2008 12:43 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2008 11:21 am 
Fishaholic

Good show Rajatda... Keep it comming... [smilie=coolup.gif]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2008 12:10 pm 
Fishaholic

rajatmukherje.... nice show

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2008 11:57 pm 
Fishaholic

Bobby wrote:
Well done mate, that really is a lovely Bream, too bad it is covered with sand so we cannot appreciate it completely.

On what did you take the bream? I do not know if you are aware but they can be taken on small fluro green minnow type lures.

Thanks boby took the bream on a mullet as bait mate did not spin on the both occasion its quite a bit of sandy beach in between rocks planing on using some lure next time though so would try your suggestion also planing to use some rubber shads too who knows may land a Bara hahaha no harm in dreaming :D :D :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 22, 2008 2:32 am 
Fishaholic

Hi Rajat Dada,
I'll check with Vicky and the boys if they clicked any pics.I guess they might have some pics of the previous night.However I did not bother clicking pics of them pesky cats, as I was disgusted with the sheer quantity we were landing.

Regards,
Madhur.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 22, 2008 2:36 am 
Fishaholic

BTW any luck with the rod repair?

PostPosted: Sat Nov 22, 2008 10:19 am 
Fishaholic

rajatmukherje wrote:
Bobby wrote:
Thanks boby took the bream on a mullet as bait mate did not spin on the both occasion its quite a bit of sandy beach in between rocks planing on using some lure next time though so would try your suggestion also planing to use some rubber shads too who knows may land a Bara hahaha no harm in dreaming :D :D :D

Bream take lures between rocks mostly but may take over the sand too, remember colour is very important with bream. I have not known one to take anything other than bright green. I think I know where you took this one, and if I am right you will get Barras there at night. Try bringing your alongside and slightly under the boats parked there. That's where they will be.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 22, 2008 2:41 pm 
Fishaholic

Hi Rajat,

Nice catch.

Cheers,
Apoo

PostPosted: Sat Nov 22, 2008 4:51 pm 
Fishaholic

Thanks guys for the words really appreciate it

Bobby wrote:
rajatmukherje wrote:
Bobby wrote:

Bream take lures between rocks mostly but may take over the sand too, remember colour is very important with bream. I have not known one to take anything other than bright green. I think I know where you took this one, and if I am right you will get Barras there at night. Try bringing your alongside and slightly under the boats parked there. That's where they will be.
Thanks for the tip mate will look out surely when i go next time :wink: :wink:

Last edited by rajatmukherje on Sat Nov 22, 2008 4:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 22, 2008 4:54 pm 
Fishaholic

madhurh1 wrote:
BTW any luck with the rod repair?

Madhur we can do it santosh told me how to just figure out what is the size of the guide then we can get some from hydery or from e bay even i need to replace a tip and a guide of couple of rods so I am trying to get them too then we will catch hold of santo and do it :twisted:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 22, 2008 5:35 pm 
Fishaholic

Hi Dada,
Here's one pic from the previous week.

Regards,
Madhur.

Abbey with an MJ and a Grouper (I think its a rock cod
, but I may be wrong)

PS. Its about time for Abbey to join IA.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 22, 2008 5:50 pm 
Fishaholic

BTW Both the fish were taken from the same spot... In fact Abbey lost a really beast of a fish that same night.
In spite of a properly set drag He got spooled out in no time.Finally he was in waist deep water and me following him with a flash light.After a few minutes of pursuit he managed to reel in some line and we could see a big shape in some distance it was pitch dark so we couldn't identify the specie.And as we narrowed the distance to about 20mtrs the fish took one last run and the line became loose.At that point we were cursing the line for the failure.Finally we found, that it was the hook that gave way.

so much for the one that got Away! ;) hahah...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 22, 2008 11:36 pm 
Fishaholic

guys now i know what you guys meant when you said it is a rocking spot I am dying to go back please lets do that ASAP :D :D This time we will be more prepared and Aby i thought you have registered already :evil: :evil:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2008 10:04 am 
Fishaholic

madhurh1 wrote:
In spite of a properly set drag He got spooled out in no time.Finally he was in waist deep water and me following him with a flash light.After a few minutes of pursuit he managed to reel in some line and we could see a big shape in some distance it was pitch dark so we couldn't identify the specie.And as we narrowed the distance to about 20mtrs the fish took one last run and the line became loose.At that point we were cursing the line for the failure.Finally we found, that it was the hook that gave way.

Could have very well been a Shark,

PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2008 10:49 am 
Fishaholic

Bobby wrote:

hey bobby
i take breams on cut bait (cuttle fish)....
never tried green color.....
do i need to spin? as i have no luck till now with lure fishing......
here we have sandy beach with occational rocks (man made)...
can you suggest me some trick to inculude green color and bait fishing.. or how to send plastic shads to a distance of 50 plus meters....
it will be of great help.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2008 8:20 am 
Fishaholic

Bobby wrote:
madhurh1 wrote:

I totally dig that huge possibility

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2008 11:33 am 
Fishaholic

Hi Rajat,

There are a lot of sharks in that area, though no one targets them they do take dead bait. I know at least 4 people hooking them by fluke. Years ago Niel had told me he caught one at Utan on a Mackrel head.

hozefaishaqali,

Bream on lures is not easy and if you say you are not lucky with lures then starting with Bream is a definate No - No, cut bait, crabs, shrimp, would still be the best bet. I do not know if adding green onto your cut baits will help, would be worth a try. I used to put a bit of tin foil (strip) next to my bait (a few inches above) when I used to fish dead bait, I believed it used to increase the bites I got. You could try using those small green glow sticks (used as inserts in some lures or on floats) when fishing at night near your bait, it is the perfect green for bream. You never know what may happen.

I do not have any idea how you can cast a small lure 50mtrs out mate sorry. Heavy sinkers go the furtherest, try with light line and a shock leader.

Bobby

Last edited by Bobby on Mon Nov 24, 2008 12:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2008 11:52 am 
Fishaholic

thanks bobby
i will try same this weekend.....
hope it works and there is no harm in trying something new.....

lure and minnows that im using are very light and im able to cast only 20mts or so....
as i do shore fishing and here we have sandy beaches i need to cast lot farther to get to bigger fish and thats the reason i wanted to know how i can cast a lure 50plus mts.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2008 4:59 pm 
Fishaholic

Bobby wrote:

Can't really say.. but we were thinking more on the lines of a big MJ.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2008 5:18 pm 
Fishaholic

Hi Rajat,
Spinning lures would surely yield some strikes.But the terrain is rocky and shallow.And I am still trying to figure out a way of spinning the magnums and x-raps in these places without getting a snag.I am pretty confident of getting strikes from various fishes and not just the barras.
We have tried modifying various crank baits by cutting short their bills, changing the profile or the angle(all at the expense of a marred action!) but they still get snagged.The only thing that survives is a surface popper.. but there are no takers for that.
I am in the process of making some custom crank/swimbaits especially with that place in mind.. but will have to wait to get that damn Lexan sheet and some special epoxy.

Cheers,
Madhur.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2008 12:45 pm 
Fishaholic

Hi Madhur,

In shallow rocky places try using the Rapala Xwalk. There are many videos on youtube on how to use them. (walk the dog)

I have taken a barra at night on the X-walk.

Santosh

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2008 4:13 pm 
Fishaholic

Hey Rajat, Abby and Madhur,

Give the fishes at Madh a break man. many of the fishes around the spot, you know where, are carrying your posters, specially the Cats. :twisted: :wink: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Still congratulation on such fine catches. 8)

Regards,

Ali.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2008 7:51 pm 
Fishaholic

There are lots of options.
you could try:
Surface lures like poppers or spooks.
Unweighted soft plastics with the hook burried inside the bait.
Very shallow divers like the Manns 1- range, Various models by Maria, or darter stle plugs made by (amongst others) Yo-Zuri - like these http://www.yo-zuri.com/Products/ProdMag/MagDarter.htm
All will work over of through the rocks without getting hung up.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2008 1:50 am 

conrats madhur, rajat
looks like you guys had a blast!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2008 11:03 am 
Fishaholic

hozefaishaqali wrote:
thanks bobby
i will try same this weekend.....
hope it works and there is no harm in trying something new.....

lure and minnows that im using are very light and im able to cast only 20mts or so....
as i do shore fishing and here we have sandy beaches i need to cast lot farther to get to bigger fish and thats the reason i wanted to know how i can cast a lure 50plus mts.

Hi,
Look at launchers. These weigh from .75oz - 3 oz. or Lindy's poppers - which are launchers too.
Cheers!

Last edited by samsondhi on Tue Dec 09, 2008 6:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2008 1:48 pm 
Fishaholic

Bream will not take poppers. Bucktail Jigs and Minnows should work best

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2008 2:35 pm 
Fishaholic

Guys I am back again and this time the story is of a big party at Madh and some awesome catches. We decided to give the fishing in Mumbai another go the idea off course was to have good time apart from fishing ( as yesterday was the full moon night) we axpected some good game . Ali and myself joined the gang in madh and we started in the evening the result was a blast here are some pics of the fishes caught and as usual some of the evening.
Alis Grouper the first fish of the evening
By rajatmukherje
By rajatmukherje

some time later Abbey landed this one with a really smooth fight
By rajatmukherje

Hygiene managed the biggest one with Ali helping him out to get it out of the hole
By rajatmukherje

I also landed some "eels" four of them :cry: along with two nice Domas (pics not taken for obvious reason) and boys caught numerous other small fishes

some shots of the eve
By rajatmukherje
By rajatmukherje
By rajatmukherje
By rajatmukherje

Finally the moon

By rajatmukherje
All in all a great day(or night ) of fishing
Cheers
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2008 2:46 pm 
Fishaholic

what a show guys.I relay envy the mumbai gang.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2008 2:54 pm 
Fishaholic

Great night out. We all had a blast. The fried Gobra was yammy. Great fishing, cool weather and bright moon lit night,(And in some cases libral dose of boose :twisted: ) what more one can ask in life. :lol:

Regards,

Ali.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2008 3:11 pm 
Fishaholic

Hope the village dogs were well behaved :lol: :lol: WOOF WOOF :lol: !!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2008 5:45 pm 
Fishaholic

He he...... I didnt catch any but I was lucky to bump into Rajatdada and Ali bhai. My first night fishing experience. Had a blast. Now I am considering spending every Friday night and saturdays on the rocks.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 14, 2008 9:52 am 
Fishaholic

Ali, Like your fishing outfit :lol: :lol: :lol:, looks like you meant......business :lol: :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 14, 2008 3:12 pm 
Fishaholic

nice catch..........
rajat da what are Domas?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 14, 2008 5:56 pm 
Fishaholic

hozefaishaqali wrote:
nice catch..........
rajat da what are Domas?

Dear Hoze
here is a older picture of one of Doma's i caught
By rajatmukherje
hope you can now make it out :D :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2008 9:15 am 
Fishaholic

Dhomas...Croakers..

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2008 10:58 am 

Looks like you boy are having a blast. Keep up the good work.

Regards

Rajesh

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2008 11:51 am 
Fishaholic

Bobby wrote:
Ali, Like your fishing outfit :lol: :lol: :lol:, looks like you meant......business :lol: :lol:

:lol: :lol:
Reached the spot from the office directly. 8)

The village dogs donot fancy taking on such foes as Rajat. :twisted: :twisted: So we were quite safe. :P :lol:

Regards,

Ali.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2008 2:51 pm 
Fishaholic

angler_ali wrote:
Bobby wrote:

The village dogs donot fancy taking on such foes as Rajat. :twisted: :twisted: So we were quite safe. :P :lol:

Regards,

Ali.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Nice one, Rajat is vital then....

had a friend of mine who joined me once directly from the office, looking at those pictures of you, reminded me of that...

Great going guys...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2008 3:40 pm 
Fishaholic

angler_ali wrote:
Bobby wrote:

Regards,

Ali.
:evil: :evil: :evil: :lol: :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2008 6:33 pm 

Rajat-da, Ali bhai& Sanju, You guys are surely having a blast!!!
:shock:
Boy! I'm missing Mumbai too much.
Cooped up in Jalandhar for over a month and without my fishing rod :cry:

Thanks for sharing

Cheers

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2008 4:08 pm 
Fishaholic

Nice fishing Guys.. :D

angler_ali wrote:

Regards,

Ali.

What about Powai Crocs..??? Don’t they love him..?? :lol: :lol: :twisted: :twisted:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2008 4:44 pm 
Fishaholic

santosh wrote:
Nice fishing Guys.. :D

angler_ali wrote:

Regards,

Ali.

What about Powai Crocs..??? Don’t they love him..?? :lol: :lol: :twisted: :twisted:

All animals love mee :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2008 5:35 pm 
Fishaholic

:D :D :D Nice game Rajatda.....