->

INDIANANGLER

India fishing forum for all the information you require on angling, equipment, locations and trip reports.
It is currently Tue Dec 12, 2017 9:27 pm

All times are UTC+05:30

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2008 9:18 pm 
Fishaholic

It happened after all.

I was after mahseerken for a long time to take me to Bakhara Nangal for Mahseer fishing but some how our schedule never met, I finally landed at Delhi on 12th ken and me left for Bhakhra at 6am on 12th .

I have quite forgotten how beautiful the region is we reached the dam around 2Pm after a pleasant drive with me and ken chatting all the way and catching up although I knew Kenneth for a long time but never have gone fishing with him (Me being hooked to it only last 9 or so months) just imagine.
Reaching there we wasted no time and after climbing down to Nangal Hilton(Our lodge) we immediately hit the shores of this great reservoir,. Kenneth immediately proved why he is called mahseerken as he hooked a decent size one just before the evening and that was it for the day one.

We hit he bed pretty early to get up at 4 am next morning Kenneth was sure that as usual we would get a window of 45 min to 1 hour when the big ones chase chilwa but for our luck that never happened that day.

The boat guy arrived with the boat around 7 and we started trolling after one and half hour or so when I was wondering whether the luck would allow me to catch a mahseer or not on this trip. In five minutes I got a hit and there it was my first mahseer a small one but nevertheless a good fighter I almost landed it when it spit the hook on my face and went away. I could not believe it!! my first one and I could not even land it but then the encounter have made my mind even more firm to land another one. Ken decided to change his lure and when he started to reel in he got a hit and landed it after a healthy fight.

I had no further luck but the trip was a great one I am looking forward to it again as soon as possible. I hooked and fought my first mahseer the place was just out the world but most of all I got to catch up with a brother after a long time and that also on a fishing trip.

Some pictures
on the way
URL=http://imageshack.us]Image[/URL]
By rajatmukherje
arriving at the dam
By rajatmukherje
The Bakhra Hilton welcome
By rajatmukherje

By rajatmukherje
By rajatmukherje
Mhaseerken at work
By rajatmukherje [smilie=coolup.gif] [smilie=coolup.gif] [smilie=coolup.gif]
some fighting
By rajatmukherje
By rajatmukherje
By rajatmukherje
By rajatmukherje
some happiness shared
By rajatmukherje
The great Dam
By rajatmukherje
By rajatmukherje
By rajatmukherje

Delhi 19th April
I decided to hit a great little spot favorite of what they call “Delhi pump house gang”. I called none other then mahseerken again and he sure enough fixed it up for me. He could not land up finally (because of his laziness hahaha)
:twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
I left town with another friend of mine Andrew (Who actually is responsible for me getting hooked ) . We land up at the spot around 8.30 am and met a great guy called Babli a local and very helpful soul.

I wanted to try my new kolkata masala so I quickly ground baited and we started to make our rods as the ground bait would take couple of hours to be effective. We castedf our baits and the wait started for floats to dance. I was wondering about the ground bait as my float took a nose dive I pulled the line tight and my first one was hooked. After Bakhra I was very careful to land this one successfully.

Andrew decided to move a little distance away ( not completely trusting the ground baiting thing) and his dead line started to scream he was up beat but just after a min of fight we realize some thing was wrong., sure enough he had hooked a turtle (thanks to the turtle curse of ken who always manges to have a great date with them) .

Suddenly every thing was calm no bites at all we decided to take a break and Babli produced a great lunch of chicken curry and home made rotis followed up with ghar ki chaas(butter milk) wow!!! I had almost forgotten the taste of the thing

Ken called up to check and asked me to be relaxed the verdict was the bites would start again around 4 pm or so . I almost dozed off to sleep and then dot on 4.15 the float stated to dance again and this time in duration of 45 min I landed three decent size(Big according to Babli) Rahus. Andrew decided to spice the day up with his one rahu and one (surprisingly on atta) big balm.

We called up a day around 6Pm with me finishing up with another one

Total catch of the day
6Rahus average size of 2 to 2.5lb
And one balm 1.5 lb

Some pictures not so good quality taken from phone camera
By rajatmukherje
By rajatmukherje[/URL
]
Babli our local host

rest of it
[URL=http://imageshack.us]Image

By rajatmukherje
By rajatmukherje
By rajatmukherje :lol: :lol: :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2008 10:41 pm 
Fishaholic

Good show Rajat Da!

Ken Sahib struck gold once again. I dream of this place called Bhakra, hopefully someday I'll cross the border and join you guys for some spinning and trolling there.

So the deep diving shad rap was succesful, some questions though. How can you cast them, and most other plugs, at a suficient distance when spinning from the shore? Or do you just use them for trolling? From my experience I find that the only plugs that are heavy enough for that are rattlin raps and Rat-l-traps.

Once more congratulations on your trip!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2008 12:58 am 
Fishaholic

Ali wrote:
Good show Rajat Da!

Ken Sahib struck gold once again. I dream of this place called Bhakra, hopefully someday I'll cross the border and join you guys for some spinning and trolling there.

So the deep diving shad rap was succesful, some questions though. How can you cast them, and most other plugs, at a suficient distance when spinning from the shore? Or do you just use them for trolling? From my experience I find that the only plugs that are heavy enough for that are rattlin raps and Rat-l-traps.

Once more congratulations on your trip!

Dear Ali
Thanks for the post bro.
You are most welcome any time, just let us know when you make plan a little in advance so we all can try and join. As far as the deep rattling shads go we troll as well as cast it from the shore the dam is so deep that even a 20 to 25 meter cast is good enough to produce result . The first catch of ken was not more then ten meter away from the shore the trick is to let them go down and then start reeling, in but i think you can do that only if the water is deep enough just after few feet from the shore like in Bakhra. It is actually cliffs submerge under water so few feet from the shore it just drop down to few hundred feet amazing isn't it. [smilie=gt-happyup.gif] [smilie=gt-happyup.gif]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2008 1:30 am 
Fishaholic

Hey Rajat,
Tough luck with the mahseer.But Nice rohu's.. The Bakhra pics are superb as well.Will hook up some time.
Cheers,
Madhur.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2008 2:46 am 
Fishaholic

thanks for posting rajat ji,
seems like youve had a great trip.
regards

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2008 7:35 am 
Fishaholic

Beautiful pictures guys, looks like you had a very nice trip.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2008 9:09 am 
Fishaholic

Great pictures Mate! Let's do it again soon.

Ali!!!

Sure plugs are much lighter than spoons or spinners but the trick to casting them a distance is to have the right rod and line. 15lbs braid with a 9ft whippy light/medium action rod works the best. Just let the rod 'load up' when you put it over your shoulder. The rest is up to you.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2008 11:19 am 
Fishaholic

Nice report Rajat.. The pics of Bakhara dam are beautiful.

Santosh

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2008 11:26 am 
Fishaholic

beautiful pictures...............
and wish you better luck for masheer next time.
the place looks out of this world.
regards
hozefa.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2008 12:32 pm 
Fishaholic

Hi Rajat,

Very nice catch. And nice pics too. Thanks for sharing.

Cheers,
Apoo

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2008 3:20 pm 
Fishaholic

hay nice show

keep it up man

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2008 4:19 pm 
Fishaholic

Guys thanks for the words all of you :D :D :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2008 9:48 pm 
Fishaholic

Great Going Guys :D

Nice Trip & Beautiful Pics :D ,Thats all i can say :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2008 11:13 pm 
Fishaholic

Rajat and Mahaseerken.... All I can say is beautiful pictures and an equally beautiful write up. The rohus looks yummy. Rajat did you make your famous RED CURRY with them??? :D :D

Post subject: fish
PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2008 1:50 am 
Enlightened

Hi Rajat,
nice to see that you are enjoying yourself. Nice pics. Save some time for when I return later this year.
Henry.

Post subject: Re: fish
PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2008 12:35 pm 
Fishaholic

Henry Gonsalves wrote:
Hi Rajat,
nice to see that you are enjoying yourself. Nice pics. Save some time for when I return later this year.
Henry.

Done Mate

[smilie=coolup.gif] [smilie=coolup.gif]

Tatos I made the sorse mach with them not the red curry I am hard core bong that way pal :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2008 6:56 pm 
Fishaholic

:D :D :D sorse mach!!!!! WOW......

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2008 11:16 pm 
Fishaholic

Great show guys! Thanks for sharing.
Regards,
Yaj.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2008 3:11 pm 
Fishaholic

Hi Yaj
Pal where are you? not seen you for a long time. At least come over to powai one of these days yaar lets catch some fish together

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2008 6:06 pm 
Fishaholic

Hello Rajatda,

Nice trip report and beautiful location too...
In my opinion Rohus taste better as red curry...Preserve the sorshe for Hilsas an Pabda....LOL

Regards,
Saiki

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2008 6:30 pm 
Fishaholic

Hi, Rajat,

Great Report and good Show Mate!

Your Bhakra snaps are superb. Those Jacaranda Trees with Blue bloom are eye catching. Feel like joining you next when you plan your Next Bhakra Trip. Which is the best season for Mahaseer?

Regards,

Arun :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2008 5:41 pm 
Fishaholic

saikibryan wrote:
Hello Rajatda,

Nice trip report and beautiful location too...
In my opinion Rohus taste better as red curry...Preserve the sorshe for Hilsas an Pabda....LOL

Regards,
Saiki

Saiki
Roui macher Sorse Jhal is also a very nice dish you should try it some time. For Hilsa I use "sorser Pathori" recipe or the "aloo begun jhol with sorse" for Papda My favorit is just "noon holud and Kalo jire jhol" with little bit of sorse . I though agree with you that nothing can beat Hilsa and sorse combination. [smilie=yum.gif] [smilie=yum.gif] [smilie=yum.gif]

Arun sab
the season is now in fact and it will be over soon so if you are serious lets plan some thing soon i would check with Mahseerken looking forward to catch up with you long time no see

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2008 6:12 pm 
Fishaholic

STOP STOP Rajat.

I can't take this talk about Sorse and any fish. I miss my Papda and Hilsa more than my mummy. You know what you will be doing when I get to Mumbai now.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2008 8:54 pm 
Fishaholic

Mahaseerken wrote:
STOP STOP Rajat.

I can't take this talk about Sorse and any fish. I miss my Papda and Hilsa more than my mummy. You know what you will be doing when I get to Mumbai now.

Bro I am almost desperately looking forward to feed you some good old stuff now that we are almost through with the finalization of film hope to see you soon in mumbai and all shoot days and post production you are getting nothing but home made food [smilie=yum.gif] [smilie=yum.gif] [smilie=yum.gif] (This is your bribe ) :lol: :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2008 9:24 pm 
Fishaholic

Looks like you both had a great time, what can be better, good country, good fishing, good food, good booze and most importantly good friends.
enjoy

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2008 9:42 pm 
Fishaholic

michaelaga wrote:
Looks like you both had a great time, what can be better, good country, good fishing, good food, good booze and most importantly good friends.
enjoy

you bet pardner :lol: :lol: :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2008 8:10 pm 
Fishaholic

great report n gr8 pics... havent seen read it b4 so im really sorry for congratulating you so late rajatda.... :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2008 9:42 pm 
Fishaholic

dr. prasad wrote:
great report n gr8 pics... havent seen read it b4 so im really sorry for congratulating you so late rajatda.... :D

Aree partner it is welcome any time cheers [smilie=coolup.gif] [smilie=coolup.gif] we going to miss you in the competition :(

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2008 5:08 pm 

Hi Rajat,
Great catch!
Can you tell me the locations to go for fishing in Delhi.

Thanks

Dherri

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2008 5:16 pm 
Fishaholic

dherri wrote:
Hi Rajat,
Great catch!
Can you tell me the locations to go for fishing in Delhi.

Thanks

Dherri

Dear Dherri Please first put a intro of yours in the forum so that guys get to know you some and vis a vis any way the person you should get in touch is mahseerken or one the Deli team to guide you better The few locations I know is under the oath of secrecy i can tell you but then i have to kill you type :twisted: :twisted:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2008 5:43 pm 

OK..I am Dharma, based in Delhi. I travel a lot to remote areas.I recently got hooked to fishing and am loving it.

I am ready to take the oath of secrecy or for that matter die fishing... :wink:
So now do i get to know of the fising places..

best

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 28, 2008 9:04 pm 
Fishaholic

Dear Dherri
Jokes apart there is a kind of understanding among all of us that we would not or can not disclose the places where some other fellow angler have taken us . Even if I was in Delhi i would check with Mahseerken of one of other delhi boys before even i can take you there. It is nothing but to keep the places safe for us to fish why don't you get in touch with mahseerken or V prashant these guys will be happy to take you along once they know you also post a general introduction in the introduction in forums index so that other anglers from your locality can guide you in various manner
cheers bro :D :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2008 9:02 pm 
Fishaholic

rajatmukherje wrote:
Dear Dherri
Jokes apart there is a kind of understanding among all of us that we would not or can not disclose the places where some other fellow angler have taken us . Even if I was in Delhi i would check with Mahseerken of one of other delhi boys before even i can take you there. It is nothing but to keep the places safe for us to fish why don't you get in touch with mahseerken or V prashant these guys will be happy to take you along once they know you also post a general introduction in the introduction in forums index so that other anglers from your locality can guide you in various manner

Hi Rajat,

thanks for the preservation effort... appreciate it!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2008 10:19 pm 
Fishaholic

indiangypsy wrote:
rajatmukherje wrote:
Dear Dherri

Hi Rajat,

thanks for the preservation effort... appreciate it!!!

hey mate you r welcome :D :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2008 3:31 pm 

Thanks Rajat,
I get the picture now. A location disclosed can easily be abused for commercial purposes and we need secured areas for serious and passionate anglers.
I ll get in touch with the Delhi gang and see if they can tag me along....I am passionate about fishing but need to learn from the scratch.

Thanks Again

Best

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2008 4:09 pm 
Fishaholic

dherri wrote:
Thanks Rajat,
I get the picture now. A location disclosed can easily be abused for commercial purposes and we need secured areas for serious and passionate anglers.
I ll get in touch with the Delhi gang and see if they can tag me along....I am passionate about fishing but need to learn from the scratch.

Thanks Again

Best

Hey mate I really appreciate the understanding as you got it absolutely right I am sure in no time you would hook up with right people you can PM any one like mahseerken , Prashant or Indian gypsy they all are great guys and would guide you correctly I wish you a great trip soon take care Rajat :D :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2008 11:47 am 
Fishaholic

When was that Rajat :?:

Any way great fishing and nice report. keep it up.

Regards,

Ali.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2008 4:01 pm 
Fishaholic

angler_ali wrote:
When was that Rajat :?:

Any way great fishing and nice report. keep it up.

Regards,

Ali.

Partner Thanks I thought you saw it :D :D