->

INDIANANGLER

India fishing forum for all the information you require on angling, equipment, locations and trip reports.
It is currently Sat Nov 18, 2017 10:07 am

All times are UTC+05:30

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2008 7:40 pm 
Fishaholic

Saturday 8th March 2008. 2:30AM

Guy’s from my team was deciding where to go for a picnic end of this month, so on over hearing them I suggested Harihareswar MTDC Resort. These buggers are very spontaneous they quickly Googled all the information on the place and were ready to leave by 5:50 AM. I tagged along since I knew the place and it has been two months since I did any fishing (4 months without strike!!!). I carried some X-Rap and my Penn Spinfisher / BG 60 combo. On the way I had decided if today I come back without any strike I would sell all my equipment.

After multiple stops and two bottles of Haig we reached Harihareswar MTDC Resort at 1:30 PM. My colleagues started to order lunch I decided to do some spinning till they finish eating since we intend to head back by 3:30PM. It was high tide and water was calm seizing the opportunity I walked down to the spot (Hemant had got a strike last time), while I was setting up my equipment I saw a group of dolphins hunting about 50yards from the rocks. Without wasting any time I started spinning, on the forth cast BAMM!!!! A beautiful MJ.

Walked over to Abhijeet’s rock and on the second cast BAMM!!! Another MJ. Next to the Abhijeet’s Rock is Balamama’s favorite gully. On the first cast BAMM!!! By this time guys finished their lunch and started to look for me on seeing the fish they all started to jump. We took some picks and then in the excitement I dropped My Pocket PC and my friend’s camera in the balamama’s gully. Well we did get the Camera out the PPC was lost.
Lets hope that we can retrieve some pictures. On the way back I remembered Ham sahib’s words.
I feel when we do not get fish it increases our resolve to get to them!
TightLines
Hamdhingra

Next Time its barramundi. Abhi any comments…..

Last edited by Tathagata on Tue Mar 11, 2008 2:59 am, edited 2 times in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2008 8:13 pm 
Fishaholic

Well sorry for your P-PC, though the fish compensate for it and you dont have to sell your tackle. Imagine it could be a lot worse.....

regards
RoS

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2008 9:25 pm 
Fishaholic

Tatooooo..... happy for you mate... now bring on the barras

Hemant spot is where you will hit MJ's (barras some time)... last time I was there I got a nice MJ.

so when is the party?????????????????????? ( would cost you much less than selling your gear)

Santosh

Post subject: Hi pal
PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2008 9:56 pm 
Fishaholic

hey mate looked like you had a dream day so many fishes that also on the first cast Wah!! congrats I hope you used my red curry recipe on some of them .keep them coming and as Santosh says go for a Barra now.
tight lines

Post subject: hi TG
PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2008 10:59 pm 
Fishaholic

congrats on ur first major catch. it really has saved ur tackle dude. now concentrate on some barras. also lemme know some secret barra spots if u know any. waiting eagerly for ur reply. ur close fishing partner.
spoonangler.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2008 9:19 am 
Fishaholic

Phew! That was close. Good going mate. I hope the camera survived and we get to see some pics. Sorry about the PPC. But what the fluff were you doing carrying it on a fishing trip?!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2008 9:17 pm 
Fishaholic

Some Pictures which were retrived from the storage card.
MTDC Location Pics.

First Strike

Third strike

My boss with the same fish before I dropped his camera. I hope he forgets it by my next appraisals...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2008 9:26 pm 
Fishaholic

Thanks Abhi, rulerofsun, santosh, rajatmukherje. Mahaseerken I work for the Windows Mobile developers team. Since I left after work I didn't take my other phone any way whats done is done. PPC gone Camera not working. Rajat I gave the fish away to my colleague next time I will try your red curry recipe for sure. :-)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2008 10:51 am 
Fishaholic

Tathagata, nice MJ there and sorry for the PPC.

Maruthu

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2008 11:10 am 
Fishaholic

Tathagata... cool pics man

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2008 1:54 am 
Fishaholic

Thanks lure_fisherman & FaakhiR Rizvi, need all the luck for the next trip.