[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 571: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 627: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 1075: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3925)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 1075: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3925)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 494: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 494: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 113: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 113: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5336: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3925)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5336: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3925)
A fishing Trip to My Dream world Pawai Lake - INDIANANGLER ->

INDIANANGLER

India fishing forum for all the information you require on angling, equipment, locations and trip reports.
It is currently Sat Sep 26, 2020 9:08 pm

All times are UTC+05:30

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2008 6:30 pm 
Fishaholic

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2008 4:33 pm 

Post subject: Hi
PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2008 8:42 pm 
Enlightened

Hi Prashant,

It was a nice report.

One can feel the welcome in your report......one comes to welcome at the airport, the other teaches knots, and the other friend helps with the rod........i really felt HAPPY when i read this.
Wish everyone had these types of friends.

Regards,

Ronald

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2008 10:26 pm 
Fishaholic

great report mate. Waiting for the pictures.

Post subject: powai lake
PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2008 2:31 am 
Enlightened

Hi V Prashant,
I take my hat off to you. You are a lesson in appreciation. Happy to learn that you enjoyed yourself.
Henry.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2008 7:20 pm 
Fishaholic

Amazing report, read it out to my guys in the office. I must be a sight to see a fish trolling a boat.... Keep Writing.
Rulerof Sun

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2008 10:36 am 
Fishaholic

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2008 2:22 pm 
Fishaholic

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2008 2:47 pm 
Fishaholic

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2008 5:22 pm 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2008 5:51 pm 
Fishaholic

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2008 10:30 am 
Fishaholic

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2008 6:34 pm 
Fishaholic

Hey, Prashant,

Excellent Field Report. I enjoed it immensly and I am sure you went back home with the pleasant memories of Powai Lake. :D Next time you would catch one of those Grand father Catlas for sure.

Happy Angling! :-)

Regards,

Arun

Hi, Ali,

Very nicely written reply to Prashant. Some paragraphs in your reply qualify for 'Introduction' for a Book on Angling at Powai Lake. I suggest you do write a book on Powai Fishing ( I wonder if any one has published a Book on Powai in the past already!). All the Die hard Anglers would surely appreciate such a book.

Warm Regards,

Arun

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2008 7:37 pm 
Fishaholic

I am missing powai lake... :cry:

Ali, Sunday we will meet at powai..

Santosh

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2008 9:24 am 
Fishaholic

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2008 10:24 am 
Fishaholic

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2008 10:42 am 
Fishaholic

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2008 12:27 pm 
Fishaholic

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2008 1:14 pm 
Fishaholic

Hi Ali,

Its is common knowledge how most of the fishing is done in done in Powai mate, not hearsay...more like foulplay. :lol: but I am sure the two of you are honest with your hooks.

Bobby

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2008 12:21 pm 
Fishaholic

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2008 12:32 pm 
Fishaholic

Read this:

[url]
http://members.tripod.com/MSAAPowai/tackle.htm[/url]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2008 5:27 pm 
Fishaholic

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2008 6:32 pm 
Fishaholic

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2008 8:55 am 
Fishaholic

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2008 1:04 pm 
Fishaholic

Dear Bobby and all of you who want to keep this discussion alive,
Let me request you to kindly stop it. I appreciate your intention and concerns but the fact is that our club, Maharastra State Angling Association is fighting to keep our Association afloat. We are being pressurized from many quarters and such comments as made by you and others can be used against us. Kindly appreciate that we at MSAA are keeping the Powai lake alive in the centre of a city like Mumbai against all the odds. Our club is a 75 year old association and we do not do any thing which will harm the environment of this lake including its fish population. I am proud to say that here at Powai, thanks to the effort of all the members, we have the best fish population and the prize fish specimens are awesome, to say the least. If you come to Mumbai, I will be glad to take you to Powai myself and show you what we are doing.

Regards,

Ali...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2008 3:35 pm 
Site Admin

Keep the peace folks.....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2008 3:50 pm 
Fishaholic

Hi Ali,

I am well aware about MSAA and their efforts to keep Powai alive I have complete respect and admiration for what Gordon Rodricks and the rest of you have been doing out there for the environment.

I have grown up in Bombay and have been fishing there for over 30 years so I know what I am talking about. No offence but I did not like fishing there because of fishing methods employed by most. I can get into Powai and fish there if I want to that is not a problem. But I would like to thank you for your very kind offer.

I get copied of Powai emails regularly, perhaps all of them. I have never voiced my opinion on the angling methods used there, may have said something in passing as I had in this message (intended initially as a joke only). However some people tried to justify their take on it which is fair and open for argument so I voiced my opinion on how I feel about foul hooking fish.

It is only my openion and other people have their own views. I am against it others are not but that is my opinion.

Keeping Powai alive v/s a type of angling method employed are two completely different things. The green movement you are referring to that is opposing angling does not differentiate fishing method, they are against angling period.

A forum like this is where we can debate things like this and it needs to be looked upon constructively.

As a body the MSAA has my complete support and admiration, make no mistake.

Regards,

Bobby

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2008 4:16 pm 
Fishaholic

with this heated arguments
i want to know one thing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
WHAT IS FOUL HOOKING??????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
there are ppl in this foroum who dont even know abt foul hooking
and what is this line touch method???????????????
plzzzzzz some one tell me................

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2008 4:38 pm 
Fishaholic

Foul Hooking is hooking a fish not in the mouth but any where else on the body. This normally happens when a fish brushes the line and the angler jerks or winds in the line quickly to snare the fish in its proximety. You keep watching the line and see if it vibrates unaturally and then pull it in whether there is a bite or not.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2008 7:10 pm 
Site Admin

Hozefa, please use proper grammar when making your posts. There is absolutely no need to use so many question marks and exclamation marks. No SMS language either.... last warning.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2008 8:10 am 
Fishaholic

Hi hozefaishaqali,

As "Ruler of Sun" explained, a foul hooked fish is one that is not hooked in the mouth but in any other part of the body. Traditionally an angler would like to hook a fish in the mouth, but for some reason if the fish gets hooked in any other part of the body (which is not correct angling) hence the term "foul".

Most recognized angling associations including the IGFA do not recognize a foul hooked fish. So in other words you cannot claim a record on a foul hooked fish.

Touch line fishing is where an angler deliberately tries to foul hook a fish, the bait is suspended slightly above the hooks, as the fish or a group of fish start to feed on that bait, the angler feels the line for the opportune moment to drive the hook home, which could be anywhere in the fishes body.

Here in Hong Kong, people fish for Rabbit fish for the pot in this method, they have specially designed hooks for this. The hooks is a tear drop shaped piece of led with several hooks poking out of the end around the circumference of the led piece (all hooks are welded into the led) like a deadly flower.

Regards,

Bobby

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2008 10:39 am 
Fishaholic

sorry for that bopanna.
i will take care of that.
and no more SMS language next time.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2008 4:53 pm 
Fishaholic

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2008 12:07 pm 
Fishaholic

Hi Gav,

Where were you? Long time no posts.

Cheers,
Apoo

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2008 12:43 pm 
Fishaholic

Gav, heard you were suffering with some mystery illness..???? [smilie=sadlook.gif]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2008 2:10 pm 
Fishaholic

Was not well for about 15 days and laid up in bed for most of them. Spent a couple of days at the hospital too.. :cry:

But now am back, and good to go... :P :P

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2008 2:37 pm 
Fishaholic

Hi gav,

Was your illness anyway related to the H5N1 ? :lol:

Anyway we are glad that you are back. :D :D :D

Cheers,
Apoo

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2008 2:48 pm 
Fishaholic

Hey Apoo,

Thanks for the wishes.. Good to be back, mate..
It wasn't the H5N1.. i think :roll: But that's not stopped me :lol: :lol:

Anyways, lot of threads that I need to gutter :twisted: :twisted:

Hey Bopper - How you ?? :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2008 9:06 am 
Fishaholic

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2008 11:52 am 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2008 12:46 pm 
Fishaholic

Post subject: