->

INDIANANGLER

India fishing forum for all the information you require on angling, equipment, locations and trip reports.
It is currently Fri Nov 24, 2017 10:09 pm

All times are UTC+05:30

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2008 10:28 pm 
Fishaholic

Hi Tats,

I will try my best.

Cheers,
Apoo

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2008 12:49 pm 
Fishaholic

Ken L wrote:
Maruthu, the barra and MJ's might be a bit thin on the ground along the open coast. find yourself a river system (preferably one that only gets a gentle grope rather than a full on rapping buy the netters) and try your luck there.
Barra are indiginous to the the tropical indian oean from Australa to Yemen, so they are definatly present on the east coast. In fact, I once read about some real monsters (40kg's plus) comming out of the river deltas in north east India and Bangladesh.

Thanks KenL, I fish a beach close to a river mouth that is heavily netted for Mullets.
I saw a dead barramundi couple of weeks there, will post a pic of it soon. Will keep trying and keep you posted.

Maruthu

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2008 1:44 pm 
Fishaholic

Well that's it. I'm back in the UK and I'm sorry to say that my last 4 nights out were fishless.
I'll go through and add some photo's when I get a chance and hopefully start planning "Part 2".
In the meantime, I have to try to get used to the temperature (A blizzard followed by a heavy frost last night and only 6 degrees predicted for today) before I can even consider fishing here.
Unfortunatly, with the heavy rain over Easter having put paid to my return to the Cauvery, I didn't get to try out some of the things that I had in mind for this trip - but there's always next time.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2008 2:20 am 
Fishaholic

Ken L wrote:
I get a chance and hopefully start planning "Part 2".

Waiting for another interesting report.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2012 7:38 pm 
Fishaholic

Well...... 6 more days and it will be 4 years for part 2. I hope the next time comes sooner, I really enjoy the writeups, esp. the healers and hippys you bump into when your here. Waiting for Part 2. I hope it comes sooner than later.

Regards,
Omesh

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2012 7:59 pm 
Fishaholic

I wish there were enough fish caught on my recent trip to make it interesting on an angling site.
I did detail my PB barramundi's capture in the "Gotchya" thread though.

Maybe I can find some stuff from my e-mails home to convince you that the hippies are still very much present and post that up.

Thanks for dragging this old thread up though, I've just had a big smile on my face re-reading my ravings from four years ago.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2012 8:15 pm 
Fishaholic

Well Ken! I'm glad it brought a smile on your face! its one of the best writeups I've come across.... esp. page 1. and I did read Gotchya too! its hwat made me look for this thread in the first place, hopefully the next trip has enough and more fishes and experiences for eager viewers like myself! godwilling there will be a part 2 of Ken's big indian adventure sonner than we know...

Regards,
Omesh