->

INDIANANGLER

India fishing forum for all the information you require on angling, equipment, locations and trip reports.
It is currently Fri Dec 15, 2017 12:06 pm

All times are UTC+05:30

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2008 9:20 pm 

when i introduced myself on this forum i asked you anglers for helping hand... many hands reached me!

this is how things can happen;

santosh was so kind to help me getting my gear sorted. he was also the one to connect me to angler_ali (happy newyear to you to mate!). ali was so kind to take me fishing in mumbai's top location; powai. great fun we had! i was again suprised with the hospitality that makes india so special to me; although both never met me, they put in great efforts to help me out. call me a sentimental, but i'll never forget these things.

anyways, before becoming to much of a sissy...

on powai ali introduced me to javed. a guy who continued the fairytale of indian's hospitality. never have a meet a guy so hooked on fishing and so open to share this wealth. he invited me and my girlfriend to come fishing in banglore; after newyear we went fishing in the jungle for masheer...

newyear holidays was spend in goa were i went went night fishing with alex (better know as perkeo over here). casting lures from the coast. no fish that night but again; great fun. alex, if you read this; thanks to you to! russians look like indians when it comes down to hospitality

the second and third of jan we spend 25 hours in total to get into the jungle.

but it was worth it...

the fishing camp was a beautiful place and the prospects looked good. javed already landed several fish between 40 and 70 lbs! absolute amazing was the 103 lbs golden masheer... almost world record and the biggest of the last 11 years in that place. talking about fishermans expertise! unfortunatley the water level dropped that night and fishing became silent; no fish at all. after 3 sessions in 2 days with no fish i concluded that a fish in a place as beautifull as this could only be seen as a bonus. i already accepted going home empty handed, but still with a smile on my face.

i didn't go empty handed...

the knowledge and expertise of javed and our guide thoma made a dream come through; on the last day we caught 4 masheer between 20 and 35 lbs.

what a river, what a spot, what a bites, what a fights and what a fish...

(nope. no futher words for this; it's just undescripable)

again; many thanks for all you guys who helped me out. especially ali, what a warm hart a man can have. and of course especially especially to javed; for me from the cold europe it is hard to understand how people can be so open, generous and friendly. i would like to cut out his hart, clone it, and replace some cold harts in europe ;-)

this story will be tolled to my grand children till they run away from me!

now i'll pack my back pack again and leave for the backwaters of kerela. i promissed my girl to leave the rod at home... but of course there are some hook and lines hidden somewhere.

i will try to place a picture!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2008 10:25 pm 
Fishaholic

Hoorey mate
I think I met you briefly that evening in Pawoi with Ali. Really wow report and some really nice words glad that you finally got what you wanted and did the kind of angling you wanted to . I am sure a great many days of good holidays awaits you. Don't you cut the heart out of any one just import few of us there for few days and we would do a complete make over believe me. Where are the picture of your catch though every one is dying to see some of the 103lb one of Javed but I think one has to wait. Please do be in touch and keep posting with a very happy new year to you
good luck and best for the fishing on the side :lol: :lol: :lol:

Rajat

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2008 12:03 pm 
Fishaholic

Great Report! dutch-angler,

Your report hooked me to plan a fishing trip to Cavery River this year. By the way, where did you fish? at Bhimeshwari or Galibore? Do share your pics with catch with us on IA forum.

Your remarks about Indian Hospitality were very touching.

Wishing you a Very Happy New Year and lots of excellent Angling.

With Warm Regards,

Arun

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2008 1:35 pm 
Fishaholic

dutch angler

congrats for ur catches and a very well written (heart touching) report.
pictures are awaited.......

india is famous for its warm welcome and hospitality
and the most important thing
i want to thank IA forum that has bring all of us togather..... its coz of IA that we are able to talk and share our view.....
where all are treated the same way and where GURUS share there Gyaan with the Newbeies.......
Three Cheers to IA

regards
Hozefa

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2008 1:54 pm 
Fishaholic

Hi Hein,

Happy New Year Mate.

I am glad to know that you had wonderful vacation.

Ali & Javed are wonderful people and I am really not surprised to read what you have written above. :D

Don’t worry too much about the hospitality; it won’t be too long before you see me in Netherlands, asking you to take me out fishing.. :mrgreen:

Cheers……Santosh

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2008 10:18 pm 
Fishaholic

Great Writing :D :D

Good to see that u had a awesome Trip....

Do Post some Pics of Ur Trip for us to see... :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2008 6:41 pm 
Enlightened

Hi Hein,

thanx for your report. Great, and I glad to know you catch so nice fishes!

Btw, look pix in gallery - I did it )))
Today I go Chapora mouth with boat to night fishing. I hope, i hope...

Really nice to meet you! See u!

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2008 10:06 pm 
Fishaholic

dutch-angler wrote:
i will try to place a picture!

Not 'a' picture dutch-angler. I am very eager to see a number of them. Great trip. Congrats and good luck for next trip.
Tight lines
Sualeh

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2008 2:47 pm 
Enlightened

Amigo, still waitin' for pix! :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2008 12:59 pm 
Fishaholic

congrats for your catch
Try to show us pictures