->

INDIANANGLER

India fishing forum for all the information you require on angling, equipment, locations and trip reports.
It is currently Tue Sep 26, 2017 9:50 pm

All times are UTC+05:30

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2007 5:04 pm 
Fishaholic

Hi Guys,
Anyone at Jabbalpur (including Finebaba) going fishing ? Timothy from Bangalore is based in Jabbalpur for a while and is dying to wet a line. Contact him on 09945402673 or mail him at timothyed13@hotmail.com
Thanks & Regards
Owen

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2007 5:38 pm 
Fishaholic

Hi Owen,

I was in Jabalpur a long time ago for some strange reason.

There are a lot of ponds/lakes and other water bodies just outside the city stocked with carp. I saw lots of locals fishing these. But all caught was a small little solly.

Then there is the big great river. I went fishing up stream of marble rocks. Did catch anything but saw lots fish being taken away from there by the contractors.

The place where things started working for me was a small tributary near 'the center of India', a popular tourist spot with a stone marker that says "center of India". The river/stream is just a few km from here. We caught a lot of sol and mulley. All on worm and rotten fish. The river is small but don't let that deceive you. There are big fish in the pools.

Hope this helps.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2007 9:28 am 
Fishaholic

Thanks Ken,
FineBaba is in contact with Tim. Tim tells me he sees them selling tor tor at the markets in Jabalpur. Made him carry his multiplier and spinning tackle with him. Seems there are some monster rohu in the Narmada as well.
Tim will have fine baba in splits. He is the funniest bugger on earth.
He dropped his pants at a wasi get together some months back. We were all howling.
Regards
Owen