->

INDIANANGLER

India fishing forum for all the information you require on angling, equipment, locations and trip reports.
It is currently Tue Oct 17, 2017 7:40 am

All times are UTC+05:30

Post subject: pump house V
PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2007 1:48 pm 
Fishaholic

So how was the last Sunday expedition Grand Massa Ken and Massa Gypsy?
How about a little narrative?

Dev

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2007 2:08 pm 
Fishaholic

We went. We cast out. I instantly got a nice big carp that gave a good fight. But then could not be landed because of the weeds (we need a nice big landing net). And then nothing. Not a bite for the next 4 hrs.

The HIGHLIGHT of the trip. Our Gillie's Gillie also cast out and caught a turtle. Yes! a dam turtle. The curse has been lifted. I am back!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2007 2:25 pm 
Fishaholic

Hey Dev!

How did the atomic mangur react to the attack? Did you get any? What bait? etc etc

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2007 3:29 pm 
Fishaholic

eeerrrr... can we not talk about the last trip to the pump house? :oops: :oops: :oops:

man i never had a worse day!!! and to top it all off, ken did not catch a toitle!!! no fair!!!! :cry: :cry: :cry:

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2007 3:44 pm 
Fishaholic

My idea was to explore a spot that one could hit often and fast. Something less than spending six hours driving and two hours fishing and so the location was very tempting. But the mastah's had said that it had Magur and it was heavily netted and so there would be no action. But I had been feeling very good after my second coffee and when I added the vanilla essence to the bread paste, I felt as if a powerful secret had been handed to me, like the shaolin one inch punch. Man it smelt good all over the kitchen and suddenly I had visions of making my illegal fortune on vanilla perfume.
So after debating about having a sandwich...debate won by Krypto(the killer lab) who had suckered me into letting him have the last five pieces, I grabbed an apple and examined my rod. I felt pretty pumped about having taken tips from the good Doc on bait and strategy.
The only area where I was worried was my tackle where I had loaded a new 15 pound line, looking at it I felt that the magur would be begging for mercy. I was totally stumped with the Doc's question of whether my line was loaded in the direction that the tackle was supposed to spin etc. Now, as in all things that I didn't understand in life or found to difficult to strain my limited grey cells on...I bleeped the thought out of my mind. The Doc had also recommended trying out a few casts in the dark but I was worried about my already poor EQ in the neighbourhood.
So I picked up the rod with both my hands and did the power warrior thing by hoisting it over my head and screaming Geronimo. Then SWAMBO completed the ritual by letting me have it with the broom till I fled from the door to the jeep(I had interrupted her massage and Krypto had let out a terrible howl, so she added her imagination and thought I had done a mischief to him).
Speeded down the highway with the old Mahindra pretending to be turbo charged, like all Delhi ites I had promised to meet Anupam at Siri Fort in Panj Minute. The poor soul was always punctual to a T and never made concessions to himself even on a Sunday. In between 'dances with fish' was sorely tempted to come (yes his back was sore);-). We had been at it on the hand telly, messaging away like college kids, till I played spoil t sport and called him.
His gravely black cat voice was almost sand paper rasping on wood as he spoke of further misfortune. Some nut had thwapped his beautiful Honda CRV, I wept in sympathy and moved on...I had to be strong.
I reached Siri Fort and picked up Anupam who forgave my delay by devastating me with the news that he had picked up even more gyan from the good Doc by visiting him at Noida. But I knew that day my medicine was good cause I had had visions of the fillet-of-fish burger while driving. So I drove in silence cause a little talkie and I forget where I am going most times.
In a few panj minutes we screeched into the forest path near the pond. As the wheels stopped turning Anupam and I had somersaulted from our seats, kicked a few trees on the way to change direction and cast our lines from mid air. That was the John Woo version, the real one?Here is what normally happens. Anupam took out his telescopic 'shakespeare' rod and cast with atta. I was giving him the cool-' know it all'- looks and desperately thinking jeez, who's gonna tie my knot now? The Doc used to do all my first hook tieing anyway I looked unflappable as I did the legendary blood knot. I tried a number 8 or so hook as I had read enough fishing lore about really big mothers being caught on small hooks and not the other way around.
Then I attached a 'kps gill' lead weight, you have squeeze its butt with your thumb to get it to open its jaws. And a round float and then I baited it with the Doc's special. 'Aha'- so the cast sails thru to about twenty meters, by some fluke I had got the loading the line thing right. I was so pleased that the cast was right that I didn't notice Abhijeet's entry. I was soon amazed at his kit as he also got his rod ready and cast away. I am convinced that he has a stake in a certain brewery as he generously helped us to get the right nutrients back (we had begun to sweat it up) with a hopp beverage. And then I spied my bobber going down, so I struck as advised before by Shri Bana but the line went limp. I reeled it in to discover the bait gone. Hey Doc! Thy bait really works! And so I baited it again and told Anupam to ditch the atta, I had the magical stuff. By now we got regular bites with the score being fish 3, visitors 0.
A little later, the spirit of the hopp beverage entered me... I was lost in the shamanistic experience of sitting with two friends and having the time of my life with them. Suddenly dream time ended and I realized that Abhijeet had motivated some chaps to bring us earthworms. So we did the," are you man enough"- thing of attaching earthworms to our hooks (yeccch). We were so bad at it that a local did it for us; this inspired Abhijeet to narrate a story about how a frog would be used as bait. This had as falling over stumps and grass in slow motion as we laughed ourselves silly.
Then after a few casts we realized something (imagine the tune from jaws)...the blasted fish broke my fifteen pound line without even me realizing it. I had heard of such things but now a shiver ran up my spine. That be some real mean beef out there. So I, Anupam and Abhijeet quickly hightailed it outa the spot. We had gotten away with our lives from the Atomic Magur!

Need to come back next week with stronger line, but I understand what Rusty meant about the right casting weight. Will need to get the Doc and Dances with fish involved. Till then its the nearest Mac Donalds, heck visions are meant to be realised aren't they .

:lol:

Last edited by dev on Wed Sep 19, 2007 3:07 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2007 3:47 pm 
Fishaholic

Mahaseerken wrote:
We went. We cast out. I instantly got a nice big carp that gave a good fight. But then could not be landed because of the weeds (we need a nice big landing net). And then nothing. Not a bite for the next 4 hrs.

The HIGHLIGHT of the trip. Our Gillie's Gillie also cast out and caught a turtle. Yes! a dam turtle. The curse has been lifted. I am back!!!

Great news looks like the fish have found you again . we'll get em next time.

Dev :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2007 6:49 pm 
Site Admin

Dev, have you considered writing a humour column for magazines???

Post subject: humour section
PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2007 3:03 pm 
Fishaholic

IndianAngler wrote:
Dev, have you considered writing a humour column for magazines???

Not really, but your suggestion has got me thinking. Thanks I'll try .

Regards,

Dev

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2007 3:14 pm 
Fishaholic

good write up dev. Took me out of the monotone of office work. :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2007 3:57 pm 
Fishaholic

Dev .. i second Bops ... lookslike between you and Doc Eljefe .. we have the humour all canned on this Site .. Great going and nice narrative .. keep it up

Post subject: humour
PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2007 5:45 pm 
Fishaholic

Thank you so much. Its just that I get just as bored writing advertising direct mailers and what you all have taught me provides a nice escape from it all. And it is I who must thank you for connecting me to a hobby I knew so little about.

Regards,

Dev

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2007 6:48 pm 
Fishaholic

Dev, you modest fluffer :-)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2007 8:28 am 
Fishaholic

You write like 'Pat McManus' - he was one time my favourite in humour
Hamdhingra

Post subject: modest
PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2007 12:19 pm 
Fishaholic

Thank you Gavin and Hamdingra. I just enjoy writing the escapades, knowing that an appreciative bunch awaits.
Almost like yarning near a good campfire on a winter night. wot say we all go white water rafting together and fish in the time in between.

Would be great to meet up.

Regards,

Dev

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2007 8:31 pm 
Fishaholic

better yet y don't we all hit bhakra? long time dev... time we fished again!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2007 9:09 pm 
Fishaholic

that's a great idea. Got news from a few people that went up there a few days ago and the water levels are down. AND THEY ARE BITING.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2007 10:51 am 

It's been a while since the PHG hit the waters in full strength.
Soiunds great Bhakra,Dadupur,Rishikesh,how about next week end.

Sanjay

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2007 10:55 am 
Fishaholic

Sure thing. Though rishikesh is still muddy. and Dudupur is fished out by the locals. SamSodhi just came from there and said there were about 25 lines in that little stretch of water.

That leaves us with Bhakra. Few guys just came back with nice stories. And a few are leaving on thrusday to beat the rush. So lets finalise plans.

Post subject: bhakra
PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2007 12:53 pm 
Fishaholic

indiangypsy wrote:
better yet y don't we all hit bhakra? long time dev... time we fished again!!!

Agreed Massa,
Is sat good?

regards,

Dev

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2007 2:11 pm 
Fishaholic

next weekend guys... 28th/29th/30... this weekend its the paapi pet and rozi roti!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2007 2:55 pm 
Fishaholic

Next weekend is going to be a mela at the dam. I know of at least 8 guys who are going. Better to make it Pong dam. what says you IG.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2007 4:31 pm 
Fishaholic

:shock: I'm always singin the pong song... :lol: :lol: :lol: i'm game!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2007 9:45 pm 
Fishaholic

There is news from Bhakra - they are taking lures.Get your lil cleos and kastmasters ready . I wonder what is the scene at Pong - but U can catch good no of catfish and snakehead there.
Cheers...hamdhingra

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2007 11:26 pm 
Fishaholic

Hamdhingra wrote:
There is news from Bhakra - they are taking lures.Get your lil cleos and kastmasters ready . I wonder what is the scene at Pong - but U can catch good no of catfish and snakehead there.
Cheers...hamdhingra

Hi Ham,

The sol and mulley has vanished from pong! overfishing in the nullahs!!! as far as the mahseer goes, pong is pretty moody, and you have to be really smrt to catch the guys there!!!