->

INDIANANGLER

India fishing forum for all the information you require on angling, equipment, locations and trip reports.
It is currently Fri Nov 24, 2017 10:01 pm

All times are UTC+05:30

Post subject: Assam & Arunachal
PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2007 11:01 am 
Enlightened

Hey Apoo - why you coming North when the action is Assam -

grew up in north bank on the rivers of Borgang, Behali, Borai, Subansiri and Bhorali - what action lies in store here - compared to Ramganga which is so much smaller than these rivers ... upstream these rivers have some really good action and big fish possibilities ... completely uncharted are the rivers of Borgang, Behali, Borai. Bhorali is bombed out because of the road.

We used to fish at a place called Ramghat upstream Boroi. what a place man. there is a forest guest house here where you can shack up if you dont want to pitch a tent.

just be careful of the elephants, the big cats including the tiger and the wild dogs -

the true angler finds the fish - no need to come to the tame spots of other people.

and we havent even mentioned Manas which is recovering and the Siang - now here the monsters reside =

Waiting to get back to Assam ...

dont waste your time in north india ...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2007 2:17 pm 
Fishaholic

Yes I know about these places. Actually I will be in Delhi from 6th to 21st of Oct. So I thought that instead of sitting in Delhi and not doing anything, I should visit either Pancheswar or Corbett. I will be going to those remote places in Assam by mid Nov. Anyway thanks for the information.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2007 3:45 pm 
Fishaholic

Apoo,

If you had 10 days to fish and a jeep to move around. what should my programme be for Assam and Arunachal.

Jeen

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2007 1:56 pm 
Fishaholic

Jeen,

I am always ready to be with you guys. I have a GM Tavera and can accomodate six persons and luggage inside and inflatables on the hood. Let me check out with some of my angling friends regarding the time of visit and the places to go. I will get back to you soon.