[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 571: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 627: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 1075: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3925)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 1075: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3925)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 494: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 494: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 113: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 113: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5336: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3925)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5336: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3925)
Uptide Rods - Shimano - INDIANANGLER ->

INDIANANGLER

India fishing forum for all the information you require on angling, equipment, locations and trip reports.
It is currently Mon Sep 21, 2020 12:23 pm

All times are UTC+05:30

Post subject: Uptide Rods - Shimano
PostPosted: Tue Jul 04, 2006 12:58 pm 
Fishaholic

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 04, 2006 1:47 pm 
Fishaholic

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2006 1:39 am 
Fishaholic

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2006 3:43 pm 
Fishaholic

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2006 7:39 pm 
Fishaholic

Hey guys !! It appears that all of you are using Shimano Rods :roll: . Is there any specific reason, why there is deep affinity for these rods.. My dad gifted me a pair of Shakespeare's on my 16th b'day.. 9 years down the line and i haven't had a single problem wt them watsoever. and have landed some decent size fish also :P

Am not a whiz in angling and am not really up-to-date with all the different models and reels that u seasoned anglers discuss, so do forgive this guy !! :shock: but am trying my best to learn :lol:

I use a normal old reels. No fancy casting stuff tho' I do have them. I personally prefer to use the old reels :lol: (Hope you guys know wat i mean) the fish takes a run, you let him take line. He stops, u reel in. No set drag or change in gears stuff, but just mano-e-fisho, 12lb line, a 6 feet Shakespeare, and a whole load of water-space :P

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2006 10:52 am 
Fishaholic

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2006 10:17 am 
Fishaholic

Post subject: Shimano Rods
PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2006 1:36 pm 
Fishaholic

Hi Owen,

I cannot recall ever having opened a penn multiplier.

I have opened my Abu though, I order special multipliers as I want left hand retrives. And getting them back together can be a bit of a headache. I appreciate what you are talking, mechs on them all are bacically the same.

I am one of those guys who cannot stop buying fishing tackle, I have an embarassing amount of Rods and Reels. So it rarely comes down to me having to completely OH my reels and rods except a couple of favourites with exception of my my Big Game reels.

If you are looking at buying tackle, Singapore and next Dubai are about the cheapest places to buy your stuff, especailly Game Tackle it is about 20% cheaper than the US.

I got my lures whole sale from Yo-zuri but that does not stop me from getting some more every time I get into a tackle shop.

So there you go, I'm possessed.

Regards,

Bobby

Post subject: Re: Shimano Rods
PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2006 1:44 pm 
Fishaholic

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2006 1:53 pm 
Fishaholic

Post subject: Re: Shimano Rods
PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2006 2:30 pm 
Fishaholic

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2006 4:06 pm 
Fishaholic

Hi Owen,

Both Darran and I have serviced Penn and Abu multipliers on many occasions. We've got the hang of servicing those reels and have 'blown up' parts drawings for the reels.
If you need any help just let us know and we'll come across and give you a hand.

Mighty Marlin.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2006 4:40 pm 
Fishaholic

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2006 6:28 pm 
Fishaholic

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2006 11:17 am 
Fishaholic

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2006 11:21 am 
Fishaholic

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2006 12:04 pm 
Fishaholic

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2006 2:15 pm 
Fishaholic

Hi Bobby,

.Most of my lures and skirts I have got whole sale directly from makers or their agents. My brothers room mate in the US was a South African guy who sold a whole load of trolling heads and skirts (in the 100’s) for just a song

Oh wow! I'm picking up/making a whole lot of resin/metal trolling heads to experiment with later this year.
We decided not to go with fighting chairs as the whole setup costs a whack! We're fishing mostly 20lb, 30lb and 50lb class to start with. Hence all the rods are straight butts for standup fighting. We already have a couple of Penn 30 - 50lb standup rods which we're using. They both have roller guides for the first and tip guides. For the 50lb class we're using standup fighting harnesses which are a pleasure to use.
Before I forget.... once you've formed the 'Tackoholics anonymous group' you have another member who needs to join. :wink:

Regards,
Mighty Marlin.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2006 2:37 pm 
Fishaholic

Hi Marlin,

Eventually you will want a Chair.

I fish only twice a year in India so I could not warrant a Boat but if I did I would surely get a chair in there. I know they cost a wack but you still have to know how crazy I am or can get.

You should look up some of the back end shops in Thailand, they make some chairs there and cheap. That could be a temp solution for you alternately you could try and have one fabricated locally.

I know stadnup's are fun, but wait till you get something over 300

If we are ever in the same town at the same time would like to catch up.

I am trying to post an image of part of a boat in India we set up for for trolling. Unfortunately pics are not too good and there may be some people in some prints would would not like to be on the net.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2006 3:08 pm 
Fishaholic

Hi Bobby,

Eventually you will want a Chair.
I will. I've got the design in mind and will probably have it fabricated here in India. Along with the chair will have to come the tackle, boat and crew.
Standup is good fun and we haven't had a really big fish yet, so we'll have to see what happens when we hook one.

Regards,
Mighty Marlin.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2006 3:21 pm 
Fishaholic

Its going to happen...and it will be shit loads of fun.

Just need to be careful of accidents when the fish is close thats all

Try making some birds as well...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2006 3:44 pm 
Fishaholic

Bobby its just a matter of time before it happens. Hopefully I won't *&^% off the side of the side of the boat strapped to a harness strapped to my rod and reel with an upset fish at the other end!! :lol:

The last time we were out we had a couple of power strikes close to the reefs... which I'm assuming were big GT. Couldn't do much as we were reefed both times. Are you interested in popping and jigging?

I have a bird that I've given to a fabricator.Think it's about 14 inches if I'm not mistaken... Should have a dozen birds in a month. I was told about birds being attacked and cut in half!! :shock:

Regards,
Mighty Marlin.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2006 5:31 pm 
Fishaholic

It will surely happen if you are persistant.

You need to pick the right bait or lures or the Spanyards will get them, last time they even took our teasers.

Yes I am interested in Popping and Jigging. I always carry poppers and use them when GT's or Ladyfish are about.

Birds do get hit very often, but I dont use them. I suggested as you have the opportunity to go our often.

Do you guys troll alot? And how far back, we keep our lures quite far (in India) as we find fish a bit shy to come close to the boat initially.

Do you get queenfish and Large Threadfin where you come from?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2006 6:17 pm 
Fishaholic

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2006 3:49 pm 
Fishaholic

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2006 4:24 pm 
Fishaholic

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2006 7:17 pm 
Site Admin

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2006 11:33 am 
Fishaholic

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2006 3:49 pm 
Fishaholic

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2006 4:10 pm 
Fishaholic

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2006 4:13 pm 
Fishaholic

Hi Bobby,

Was trolling the at 5 to 7 knots. Do you think I should be going faster? Have never used planers... hmm :roll:

Regards,
Mighty M.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2006 4:35 pm 
Fishaholic

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 22, 2006 10:05 am 
Fishaholic

I am sure I would enjoy it mate. My problem is time.

I was supposed to go to Boston on the 30th for my brother's wedding (another crazy angler), but have had to change plans because my sisters daughter slipped into a coma. My wife will be going to help my sis out so I will be staying back in Hong Kong.

I will have leave to spare sometime later this year but I dont know what I am going to do with it, unless I take the kids to India next week for a holiday??

Very much appreciate the offer mate, thanks very much.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2006 4:10 pm 
Fishaholic

Hi Bobby,

Thanks for the picture. Bopanna emailed it to me. We were doing pretty much the same but on a smaller boat.

Regards,
Mighty Marlin.