[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 494: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 494: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 113: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 113: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5336: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3925)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5336: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3925)
Anglers pets - INDIANANGLER ->

INDIANANGLER

India fishing forum for all the information you require on angling, equipment, locations and trip reports.
It is currently Fri Nov 27, 2020 7:28 pm

All times are UTC+05:30

Forum rules

Post subject: Anglers pets
PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2007 2:08 am 
Fishaholic

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2007 2:49 am 
Fishaholic

:lol: [smilie=giggle.gif] this is my pet .. :lol: we call him snoopy.. ... :twisted: :twisted:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2007 5:17 am 
Fishaholic

Thats a nice pussycat u have there Santosh

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2007 12:24 pm 
Fishaholic

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2007 1:15 pm 
Fishaholic

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2007 5:52 pm 
Fishaholic

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2007 6:03 pm 
Fishaholic

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2007 6:10 pm 
Fishaholic

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2007 8:05 pm 
Fishaholic

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2007 8:27 pm 
Fishaholic

Three dogs, 3 yr old pariah female Chukki,2 yr old Caravan hound male Khamsin, and 14 month old Indian mastiff female Astra.

Yaj.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2007 11:45 pm 
Fishaholic

Yaj!

Like my mother in law would say "beta feed that boy something". just kidding he's great and so are the rest.

Anyway!

i have one wife (pretty wild), one daughter (she's an entire pre-peta circus), three dogs ( two dals and a pointer+ethnic cross), a goldfish that swims in squares in his round bowl (I swear I have seen him do it) and a cat that visits us on the 12th floor (Supercat??!!).

The dogs names are Tramp (father dal), Junior (the sloppy son) and Walter the mixed up one. All three are very gay.

This is Tramp and my daughter. this is how they sleep every night. In winter there ae fights for the quilt. the other two make my night hell, so no pix there.

And I forgot, ther is Miss Maggie or Majetic, my daughter's horse at her riding school. i believe she is shifting into our 12th story flat sometime soon. As you all know i have no say in these matters.

we also have visiting lizards, ladybugs, grasshoppers, 'geckos who have lost there tails so we have to nurse them', a few cockroaches coz nobody loves them and this CROW. Dam this guy knows his stuff. he's got my daughter eating out of his hand.

cheers and thank God for daughters and animals.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2007 11:55 pm 
Fishaholic

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2007 8:46 am 
Fishaholic

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2007 10:09 am 
Fishaholic

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2007 10:26 am 
Site Admin

[quote="Bobby"] I did not know we had such fantastic home grown animals, just did not realize how illiterate I am in this department./quote]

Wait till Alexis posts some pics :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2007 3:01 pm 
Fishaholic

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2007 3:15 pm 
Fishaholic

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2007 3:51 pm 
Fishaholic

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2007 4:04 pm 
Fishaholic

What a bunch of tossers!

If you cant win locally how about get it done internationally, I would be a good idea to contact foreign organisations like in the US and Europe.

If money is what drives these wankers then show it to them, what I am getting at is develop a foreign interest for local breeds. I am sure there will be a good market for Indian breeds and that will turn things about. The way to do that would be to get these foreign organisations involved and have some powerful documentaries made.

You seem to be an authority on the subject, write a book about it and cash in, I can guaranty it mate, it can be done.

In the mean time here are a couple of pictures of my pet Majestic Angel Fish Gabriellis, she is an Omnivore I think I have had her for over 4 years now, the secret is a superb water quality, in a mini reef setup and a varied diet.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2007 4:07 pm 
Fishaholic

Yaj, Astra looks very beautiful (very nice ears), had u not told me all the stories abt the mastiff I would meet her long back for sure.. :lol: kidding.. will drop in soon..

Was showing these pics to my 4yr old son last night, ... said he wants to meet ur 3 doggy. (brave than me.. :roll: )

Demands increased to a horse ride after seeing ken's daughter with the horse,...he went to bed only when I promised, I will..

Bobby, we indians have always been like that.. never really considered anything Indian to be superior.. starting from the yesteryears craze for imported electronic watches to now foreign cricket coaches..

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2007 4:33 pm 
Site Admin

Looks like that IM will make a good boar hound :wink:

Bops

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2007 4:39 pm 
Fishaholic

Hey Hey Hey!!!

Ethnics and mixed breeds are the best. The are the most faithful, have the best nature. And believe me they do not need all the attention, fuss, vets and other things that the well bred ones do.

Apart from that they have the most and the best attitude too. Walter my mixed one will not eat from the floor, he will not wait at the table for scraps, he will not go to starngers when they call him (even though he is the most friendly of the three) and he always crosses his legs when he sits down.

The only dog that is not cool with me is a pom. It's not that i don't like them but .....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2007 4:40 pm 
Fishaholic

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2007 4:55 pm 
Fishaholic

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2007 6:44 pm 
Fishaholic

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2007 7:49 pm 
Fishaholic

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2007 7:19 am 
Fishaholic

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2007 4:54 pm 

hi guys, meet don vito. resident dogfather. tibetan mastiff.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2007 5:31 pm 
Fishaholic

Thats a real DON... GR8..

would love to see a full Pic..

regards,

Santosh

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2007 5:57 pm 

Hi Santosh,

I don't have a full pic of him. All close-ups. Too hyperactive for me to get a proper shot. He's just a year and a half and still very playful. TMs are pretty calm by nature. Safe to have near kids as well. I snapped these when I caught him gazing at a sunset.

Cheers,
Terry

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2007 7:44 pm 
Fishaholic

I grew up with TMs. Had 14 to 15 of them could be even more. And we lost a few every winter to leopards. I remember that only two were allowed into the house. The rest were the "ones outside". The most gentle of all breeds I think. My grandmother would call them "4 eyes". Said they could see even when they were sleeping. A lot of memories came back just looking at those pix.

I have seen them attack and chase off a leapord. Never will forget that.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2007 9:54 pm 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2007 12:52 pm 

Snoopy @ Vipul, my Rajapalayam hound (an indian boar hound):

My nano reef tank:

Racing pigeon loft:

A pair of racing homers:

In the nestbox:

In the nest bowl

regards,
rk

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2007 1:45 pm 
Fishaholic

Great Stuff RK,

I had pigeons when I was in India, one of my friends had bought some flying pigeons from Secunderabad they were fantastic birds and no matter how much I tried he would not give me any. I could be because I had given him a batch of eggs from my fighting hen, who I found out later was infertile (she was severely bitten by a mongoose when she was little and I believe that may have contributed to her infertility). Anyway the guy killed the pigeons and ate them but would not even sell them to me, he thought I may have messed around with the eggs.

How do you manage a reef tank in India? Especially salt, Sanjay55 keeps saltwater tanks in India, he used to pay someone to transport the salt from sea to his residence in Pune, later he started making his own salt, but he told me that though it is OK with fish but not with corrals. I see you have sponges, Goniopora and something that looks like a Favites or Favia so your salt is good, also notice the healthy coralline algae growing in your tank, great stuff mate.

I bought a Pink brain (Trachypylla) I believe and also a very fluorescent Favites, but I notice my angel has started to peck on the Favites, I pray that he stops. I also have a mantis shrimp menace in my tank. I am waiting to build my 300 – 400 Gal tank but having problems with the exhaust from my chiller so I do not know where to place it. Given my wife is a Feng Shui practitioner means I have a very specific area where I can place such a massive tank and that is a problem.

I also have a pair of Eclectus Parrots, the male is a bit off colour at the moment and I am keeping a close eye on him, Hong Kong has a 5 day holiday and vets are only taking emergency calls, Eclectus being a very unique species of parrot sometimes taking one to a vet can be disastrous. The female looking desperately to nest so I have to keep her away from all dark spaces so as not to trigger a hormonal outburst. I do plan to breed them in due course.

Hats off to you on your Dog mate, great to see another Indian beauty, you should get together with Yaj and do something about Indian dog breeds.

Regards,

Bobby

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2007 4:19 pm 

Thanks Bobby for your nice words.
I don't know about Hongkong, but there are some nice strains of racing homers in China. These birds are raced over the sea, and some of them land on ships, the sailors take care of them, and they are available for sale when the ship arrives at ports in south India.

Premixed mairine salt mixture is available in India now. I regularly get Dolphin and RedSea brand mixes from Chennia. You have a beautiful Angel :) Yeah, the SPS is from the Faviidae family.

I believe the natural diet of Angels consists mainly of coral polyps. Maybe that is why your angel is pecking at the corals. Hope it stops soon.

I too have been fascinated by the indian breeds, and it was a conscious decision to get the rajapalayam home. Even though I do not know Yaj personally, I have read a lot of his postings in the 'DogsIndia' yahoo group. In due course of time, I will be adding some more Indian breeds to my family. During end Jan, I had an opportunity to travel to Kanchipuram and see other indian breeds like Chippiparai, Kanni and Combai.

Wishing your parrot a fast return to the best of his spirits,
rk

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2007 5:41 pm 
Fishaholic

Thanks RK,

I had a couple of Homing Pigeons in India, I was more into the “High Fliers”, I had one fantastic jet Black Male Homing Pigeon, looked stunning with exaggerated eyelids and nares in bight red. I pared him with an old infertile “Kulchera” and he stayed with me for a few years, then one day the female died and he disappeared within a few days of that, I believe he flew off to his old owner. I never followed up, guess that is where he belonged.

Majestic Angles are not so hard on corrals, he never touches the other corrals with the exception on this Falvites, their Diet is mostly sponges, algae and worms but they are not entirely coral safe. I use Kent sea salt mix but the other day none was available in the Market so I moved to Coralife. I have big plans for my next tank, but I first have to get rid of my Clowns and one Damsel who kill the corrals, the clowns roll in all the Xenia, Leathers and any wavy coral, that even remotely reminds him of an anemone and the Damsel stirs up the Gravel looking for worms and tidbits of food so I have to move corals like elegance and brains from the ground to higher up, but these corals thrive on the bottom so it is a bit of a paradox.

The Parrot seems to be fine today but far less vocal then his normal self, but his appetite has returned. And he is responding to his name and commands like “come here” “handsome boy” etc. Let’s hope he is his chatty self tomorrow.

I will post some pictures of the corals and the latest ones of the parrots later on.

Great stuff on the dogs, does anyone know of a good website on Indian dog breeds?

Regards,

Bobby

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2007 10:42 pm 
Fishaholic

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2007 11:25 pm 
Fishaholic

This is Devil. He is five years old and he has not bitten anyone till date. He was once doing the night duty from my veranda and the thief broke the two front windows of my car and got away with my music system. He didnt bark once also. He knows I dont appreciate when somebody shouts or barks when I am asleep.

Cheers,
Apoo

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2007 12:41 am 
Fishaholic

wow...thats nice apoo...
one more thing...red eye reduction seems to be disabled in ur cam
regards

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2007 1:04 am 
Fishaholic

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2007 3:39 pm 
Fishaholic

Hi Saiki,

It seems that the red eye reduction setup was enabled at that time of taking the snap. It was the ble eye reduction that was disabled :lol:
Actually this is the first time that blue colours have come up and maybe that I didnt notice this in the other pics of animals.

Cheers,
Apoo

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2007 8:17 pm 
Fishaholic

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2007 10:13 pm 
Fishaholic

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2007 9:49 pm 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2007 8:55 am 
Fishaholic

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2007 2:20 pm 
Fishaholic

Just got back from the Vet, may Male Ekki, in picture by side is not doing too well..

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2007 3:29 pm 
Fishaholic

Ahem! May i ask what ails Polly :roll:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2007 8:48 am 
Fishaholic

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2007 10:11 am 
Fishaholic

You guy's must be very fond of him.
Used to love parrots when i was a kid, think i will get one soon.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2007 11:02 am 
Fishaholic

Why do you want to get one OMO ... all us married guys anyways have one at home .. Just gotta paint them green and cage them :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: