->

INDIANANGLER

India fishing forum for all the information you require on angling, equipment, locations and trip reports.
It is currently Wed Aug 23, 2017 6:11 am

All times are UTC+05:30

Post subject: Fishing Pranks
PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2007 1:53 am 
Fishaholic

Manori was a fav spot for a number of anglers,most where very friendly but there where 3 brothers who despised others from coming fishing.Not only they did not catch fish where losing fish by the dozen trying to winch the poor buggers out on 0.70 mm line and 5x trebles and a big mitchell 488,and a rod u could pole vault with.
My friend Ralph and myself once found ourselves on a hillock and down below was one of the brothers casting.Ralph picked up a stone and chucked it on the opposite side where this guy was casting,BOK,classic sound of a barra surfacing to feed on mullets.This guy reeled in fast and casted right over the spot where the stone had landed.The stone throwin went on for a hour to this poor unsuspecting fellow,who was changing lures after every 3 cast but no fish for him and we where in splits trying not to laugh loud.
Eventually we went down the hill,and asked him u seen any feedin NO came the reply,a hour later ralph and myself had landed a BARRA each.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2007 9:32 am 
Fishaholic

I guess you are refering the the 3 bad boys from Orlem :lol:

The last time I saw them at Manori, one of them takes out his revolver and starts shooting at the feeding Ravas because they could not reach them with his casts..

Nice one Niel, I have heard some others pull pranks on that lot.

But they liked me for some reason..

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2007 10:28 am 
Fishaholic

Classic from the Kaveri

My mate Tim had taken a friend from Delhi fishing (no name).
Well they cast out ragi balls and Tim had some small fish and then some big ones, but the friend from Delhi sat on the hot rocks all morning in misery without so much as a nibble.

Finally he turned to Tim and asked "Why do you think i am not getting any bites".
Here was Tim's reply
"Can you see that rock?",
"Yeah", said the guy from Delhi.
"Can you see that lump of turd sitting on the rock" said Tim.
"Yeah" ,said the guy from Delhi.
"Well that's your ball of ragi" said Tim. :twisted:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2007 12:39 pm 
Fishaholic

Hey bobby u remember that shooting incident,and then i went across to the other side on the reef and landed that big 14 pounder,so much for the shooting.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2007 1:05 pm 
Fishaholic

Yes Rolly told me about that one, I got a picture of the youngest loosing a Ravas :lol: :lol:

House in a mess with the painting, will try and find the picture and post as soon as I can.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2007 12:46 am 
Fishaholic

This is not a prank, but it is a true story. The person will go nameless coz he is a good friend of mine and one day he will catch fish...big fish. I wanted to add and pigs will fly but I won't.

Anyway, the bloke get a good rod, it is expensive and it is 9ft long, and it is a single piece. Right here is where his problems start. he gets it delivered down south and he lives up here in the north. Instead of risking cargoing his rod he does the next best thing, he heads done south and meets his shiny new rod. Very smug he loads the big reel with miles of fireline.

Armed with fresh prawns, the type that believe a tandoor is heaven, he heads for the dock. Nano seconds after reaching a great spot he casts and sits waiting for a bite... a nibble... a bump. But nothing takes his prawn that deserves a french name. Bored he starts looking around and starts appreciating the surroundings. The coconut trees, the blue sky, the white clouds, the trawler that goes by so close, the fishermen on the trawler who wave.... and a bite happens.

Now this is not just any bite but a real big one. the reel starts screaming. line starts pouring out. And it does not stop. The poor guy thinks hard and tightens the drag more and more. But it still does not stop. And then realisation... a bright light.... the trawler. Damn

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2007 9:19 am 
Fishaholic

Did he land the trawler or the trawler land him in the drink?Good one poor chap

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2007 10:43 am 
Fishaholic

He cut his hands trying to break the fireline before realising that he had a lit cigarette in his mouth. He then burnt off the line but not before the tip of te rod broke. probably the only good to come from smoking.

Incidently the man broke another rod. "I was Casting and it broke" was the excuse. But that is another story.

He is still a good friend. and will always be. But only if he stays away from my kit.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2007 11:39 am 
Fishaholic

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Post subject: Fishing story.
PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2007 1:38 pm 
Fishaholic

This is a true story and was posted in most Sydney news papers. I read in the Courier Mail a few years ago.

A man fishing in a boat at Port Jackson and handlining decided to have a smoke and draped the line over his ear while he lit it. Just then a fish took the bait and the fisherman's ear was slced off with the force of the run which was suspected at being a sizable King fish which he was fishing for. He cut the fish free and headed for shore!!
Did anyone in oz read this!
Cheers,
Glenn

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2007 10:56 pm 
Fishaholic

some guys never learn. He had already tried that with his rod.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2007 8:56 am 
Fishaholic

It happened to a friend of mine off Carter Rd, handlining when he wraped the line around his big toe and proceeded to take out a knot from his other handline.

A small shark took the bait and he was in a pretty uncomfortable position on his arse and if fish tied to his toe :lol: lucky for him the line unwrapped its self and he proceeded to land the fish.

Some other funny things have happened on that stretch and I will save those stories for later..