->

INDIANANGLER

India fishing forum for all the information you require on angling, equipment, locations and trip reports.
It is currently Thu Nov 23, 2017 1:01 pm

All times are UTC+05:30

Post subject: Women and fishin
PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2007 3:45 am 
Fishaholic

Hi guys i was watchin the thread posted by Maya and boy what a response,well i remember the days when i tried to woo this lovely girl.It was a time when tom cruise,imran khan and all the super heroes ruled,i suggested to this girl we go fishing,and one sunday we ended up at manori,there was a light wind blowing the tide was at half tide and on my third cast i hooked into this threadfin salmon.She was all excited never seen anything like this before and i prayed that i must not lose this fish,anyway the heroic Threadfin at last was landed and there was just admiration for me in her eyes here i was her man,no tom cruise or any super heroes could do what i had just done.Its 20 years to that incident and that girl is now my wife who has stood by me through high and low water hooked for life to a fisherman,and yet finds me a super hero when i am out casting,by the way she hasnt forgiven me for losing a big barramundi that she hooked and i tried to land.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2007 6:20 am 
Fishaholic

Nice Neil, I am sure Bop's is going to ask you to post to the appropriate topic and will move this one..

I did meet your Wife in Mahableshwar..

Post subject: sorry
PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2007 6:32 am 
Fishaholic

sorry guys wrong section just got get used to the board

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2007 10:45 am 
Fishaholic

Since we are on the topic. what swung it for me was a trip to phool chatti on the ganga (those days you could fish there and not get hassled by rangers... just a few elephants now and then)

We cast all day... got tons of fish... slept in the back of the jeep... drove 5 km every dawn to get chai... ate cheese and crackers washed down with martinis (olives included) for lunch and dinner.

After 4 days i was hooked. still am. we still do one trip like that at least once a year. the only diference now is that we have to check into a good hotel for the last 2 days to nurse our bruised tired bodies.

Post subject: romantic
PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2007 10:44 pm 
Fishaholic

heliox...it was romantic enough to beat ne movies, congratulations...