->

INDIANANGLER

India fishing forum for all the information you require on angling, equipment, locations and trip reports.
It is currently Tue Aug 20, 2019 11:56 pm

All times are UTC+05:30

Post subject: Forum site
PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2015 5:09 am 
Fishaholic

Since the last two days, I can only open the forum site and topics by logging in .... why?

If we limit the site to members only, this will be self defeating.

Kingfish

Post subject: Re: Forum site
PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2015 12:12 pm 
Fishaholic

I am also facing the same problem but in the same time online status showing presence of guests also :?:

Arefin

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2015 7:58 am 
Site Admin

Kingfish, since registration is free why not encourage people to register? Could you explain how this will be self defeating? Your inputs are valuable.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2015 3:24 pm 
Fishaholic

I feel that there are a lot of anglers who surf the net for fishing articles (I raise my hand,as well) and would come across Indianangler in this manner.

Some of them may well join up after openly reading articles in this forum and give us the benefit of their experience and knowledge,as well as anecdotes laced with pictures.

I know that this is how I found this forum and then joined it after reading the numerous articles therein.

By allowing only registered members to access the forum, we will be shutting the gates for those new readers who may not wish to register straight away.

Kind regards,
Kingfish

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2015 8:41 pm 
Fishaholic

I sort of agree with Kingfish. That is exactly how I joined this forum. I was searching for topics on Mahseer fishing in south and north and the trout fishing in the Himalayas. I felt the need to gain more information and hence decided to join. I think the reader should be able to access the information and at the same time have the freedom to register or not.

There is a wealth of information on this forum for anglers around the world (including Indian anglers). Knowledge/information is one of the very few things that increases by sharing. Just my $0.02, I just hope we don't curtail access to free flow of information. Imagine all other forums did the same!

Cheers...

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2015 10:20 pm 
Fishaholic

Just noticed that the Forum is now open for viewing to all comers, yet non-registered viewers cannot access the pictures .

This would seem to be a good compromise and in line with most other Angling forums.

Good work, Moderators.

Kingfish

PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2015 7:38 pm 
Fishaholic

Hi All, I definitely agree with Kingfish and wanted this forum to have public reader. I recently observed another forums which has revamped with topic about reviews on products, locations, trick etcs. We can conduct polls like fishing gears right from Lures to rod butt. I hope this will help current users + new comers to have more idea on investing time, money and technique rightly. The end of the day I want everyone to have a lure snagged and to have beauty landed.