->

INDIANANGLER

India fishing forum for all the information you require on angling, equipment, locations and trip reports.
It is currently Sat Nov 17, 2018 4:25 pm

All times are UTC+05:30

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2012 12:33 pm 
Fishaholic

Hi all

I saw a similar thread on SOL forum and read quite a few weird and funny incidents being shared.

I would love to see a similar thread on IA . To start with i will share a funny or you can say a weird catch i had this Friday morning (3RD FEB).

I went to a new breakwaters some where in RAK. We started casting from the breakwaters around 6:30 AM. The sun was up. I was casting Duo press bait and it being a heavy 50 gm lure it files a long long Distance.

I was continuously casting and during one long cast when the lure was still mid air i saw a group of sea gulls approaching. After the lure landed in the water i saw 2-3 sea gulls diving to exactly the same spot my lure had landed a few milliseconds earlier. And lo and behold one of the bird got snagged by my lure. the poor thing thought of it as a bait fish and dived right after it.

Luckily the hook didn't penetrate too deep and came off, but the poor bird had braid wrapped around its wing and couldn't fly away. I reeled in the poor thing and after a few bites from its sharp beak managed to untangle it. i released the bird immediately and it flew away.

The poor thing was shaken but i was relieved more as it was not harmed and it managed to fly away. in my excitement i forgot to take any pictures and released it. Wish i should have taken a few pics and it would have made this story more believable.

Tight lines.

kashif